Apocalypse Now! 4 – 12 and no First Round Draft Pick!

Daillest88

Reaction score
Trade Dak, franchise Dlaw and trade him , that’s the only way we can get good picks. Someone will bite on Dak lol.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
It’s not good. Only hope is that next season there is a new coach who can make this roster work. You can’t just call 1-800-QUARTERBACK so it won’t be until 2020 at the earliest before we can get a first round QB. And then he would need a year to learn.

By then we might be without Zeke, Cooper, Tank, and Beasley.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I got skewered for ridiculing the trade. A WR with no QB is a worthless luxury. Good thing its not a good QB draft. But there are some great DL that are going to look formidable in Oakland.

Gaede

Reaction score
Trade Dak, franchise Dlaw and trade him , that’s the only way we can get good picks. Someone will bite on Dak lol.
Our only trade capital is Dlaw, Zeke, Zach, Tyron. No one else nets us a 1st

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I got skewered for ridiculing the trade. A WR with no QB is a worthless luxury. Good thing its not a good QB draft. But there are some great DL that are going to look formidable in Oakland.

While I agree, I’m not sure if you got skewered as many were in the same camp as you....

Sydla

Reaction score
We are going to have to overpay to keep Cooper because we have no QB.

So that trade will be a double doozy loser for us.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zeke and Zach are the only tradeable commodities we have that would net first round picks. But we sren't going to find a franchise QB in the 2019 draft.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes, Dak missed some plays. But was he the lone reason we got beat so easily? Look at the big picture. Football is won and lost up front,in the trenches. We were manhandled AGAIN.Connor Williams and Collins were liabilities AGAIN. ONE of those penalties on the oline was a huge momentum changer and we never recovered. I say that because I believe it was like a 15-20 yard pass by Dak that was called back. Those penalties are back breakers. THAT WASNT DAK. Dak was expected to play from behind way too much. The poor coaching and poor oline play done us in. Dak ran no RPO'S last night and that was a mistake. The sitch is FUBAR.

catiii

Reaction score
It’s not good. Only hope is that next season there is a new coach who can make this roster work. You can’t just call 1-800-QUARTERBACK so it won’t be until 2020 at the earliest before we can get a first round QB. And then he would need a year to learn.

By then we might be without Zeke, Cooper, Tank, and Beasley.

And perhaps a few of us old timers on this board :(

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score

None of these players will net us a first. Haven’t you seen we get destroyed in every possible trade? If we had a good gm/coach possibly but we don’t.

I mean we trade a 5th for Matt Cassel but can’t get a 4th for TonyRomo.

We trade a top 5 pick for Amari Cooper and would probably be able to at best get a 3rd for any of the ones you mentioned. Even though they are worth more. That’s the problem when no one respects you!

Rayman70

Reaction score
I WOULD trade Zeke at this point...and I know we can get a high pick for him. Trade or release Dak. Hate it..but hes been part of the issue also. My main beef is the coaching and oline play. Make no mistake, tons of blame to spread around.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I WOULD trade Zeke at this point...and I know we can get a high pick for him. Trade or release Dak. Hate it..but hes been part of the issue also. My main beef is the coaching and oline play. Make no mistake, tons of blame to spread around.

Yea here’s the thing trading Zeke at best with this front office would get us a 3rd.

No one respects us. Play hardball and we cave like we did with Cooper.

catiii

Reaction score
Yes, Dak missed some plays. But was he the lone reason we got beat so easily? Look at the big picture. Football is won and lost up front,in the trenches. We were manhandled AGAIN.Connor Williams and Collins were liabilities AGAIN. ONE of those penalties on the oline was a huge momentum changer and we never recovered. I say that because I believe it was like a 15-20 yard pass by Dak that was called back. Those penalties are back breakers. THAT WASNT DAK. Dak was expected to play from behind way too much. The poor coaching and poor oline play done us in. Dak ran no RPO'S last night and that was a mistake. The sitch is FUBAR.

Dak is pure suckage no matter who everyone else is. Just read the negatives on his NFL scouting report. Nothing has changed. Nothing WILL change. Dak/Linehan/Garrett are the triumvirate who need to all go all at once. Today!! No one else could be any worse than these clowns.
But of course, as long as the Jones' run this place............you know the rest....... :(

Sydla

Reaction score

He’s an average QB at best. The fumble was his fault. The interception was his fault.

It’s time to wake up to this reality.