Apocalypse Now: Final Cut

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by GMO415, Jun 20, 2019.

1. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

16,467 Messages
    27,467 Likes Received
    No argument about liking the film for that reason but I would never consider that for #1, not even close. Just my opinion.

GMO415 likes this.
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

45,470 Messages
    22,450 Likes Received
    Fully understood.

Quite honestly while I'm a huge fan of the film I would have never thought it would garner the rating that it has for two reasons... It's a guy film... Meaning no women in it except for a few bit parts. And #2 it did nothing on its initial run. No one heard of it initially.

GMO415 likes this.
  3. Crazed Liotta Eyes

Crazed Liotta Eyes Well-Known Member

881 Messages
    1,580 Likes Received
    Outlaw Josey Wales is one of my favorites. I admit to loving all of the Clint westerns and a lot of his other films too. I drive my wife crazy quoting his lines. "Dying ain't much of a livin' boy."

GMO415 and Point-of-the-Star like this.
  4. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

10,750 Messages
    9,994 Likes Received
    Catch Me If You Can has always been one of my favorite movies. I watch it every few years and it's always just as good.

GMO415 likes this.
  5. jsb357

jsb357 Well-Known Member

1,785 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    charlie didn't get much USO
    he was dug in too deep or moving too fast
    his idea of great r&r was cold rice and a little rat meat
    he had only two ways home
    death or victory.

dreghorn2 likes this.
  6. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

4,169 Messages
    3,617 Likes Received
    There are so many Great Great movies that it’s tough to mention them all. To be honest I don’t think I have seen an all time a Great movie in at least 10 years. Maybe I don’t get out enough...

7. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    11,906 Likes Received
    The first time I saw it was at a drive in theater.

8. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    11,906 Likes Received
    I asked my Brother "should we take the Old Man?"....he replied "he won't go but it won't hurt to ask.". My Father's a veteran and he took us to see the movie when we were kids. I thought it be cool to take him now.

9. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    Not sue about the other endings, but I can share the alternative theme music.

GMO415 and dreghorn2 like this.
  10. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

19,953 Messages
    30,868 Likes Received
    ,,,er,,,I'm of faint recollection in where the cartoon FAMILY GUY spoifd out completely that self acclaimed cinematic genius on that particular flick,,,er,,, although, while that crew of con's hot-tar swabbin' the roof& then kickin'back swilling down a cool STROH'S BEER was personally deemed as a cinema graphic milestone,,,er,,,IMO o_O

11. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

9,861 Messages
    15,424 Likes Received
    Richard Wager's Ride of the Valkyries
    My favorite composer of all time

GMO415 and Londonboy like this.
  12. Londonboy

Londonboy Well-Known Member

2,522 Messages
    6,250 Likes Received
    I prefer Beehoven's 5th.

PJTHEDOORS likes this.
  13. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    11,906 Likes Received
    Ok....we purchased our tickets and we're seeing it Aug 25th. Is anyone else doing same?

Question....what ending will we see? The BS 70s original or the "Heart of Darkness" B52 Arch Light" ending that damn near bankrupt the studio?

14. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    11,906 Likes Received
    Some have claimed this is thee best film of all times. I'm happy I will see it in IMAX. I don't think even Coppola even imagined that

15. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

14,139 Messages
    14,079 Likes Received
    Mines John Williams. He's the Beethoven of our times.

Londonboy and GMO415 like this.
  16. triplets_93

triplets_93 Well-Known Member

545 Messages
    904 Likes Received
  17. triplets_93

triplets_93 Well-Known Member

545 Messages
    904 Likes Received
    "Francis Ford Coppola’s stunning vision of “The Heart of Darkness” in all of us remains a classic and compelling Vietnam War epic. Martin Sheen stars as Army Captain Willard, a troubled man sent on a dangerous and mesmerizing odyssey into Cambodia to assassinate a renegade American colonel named Kurtz (Marlon Brando), who has succumbed to the horrors of war and barricaded himself in a remote outpost.

The IMAX release of Apocalypse Now Final Cut will be digitally re-mastered into the image and sound quality The IMAX Experience® with proprietary IMAX DMR® (Digital Re-mastering) technology. The crystal-clear images, coupled with IMAX's customized theatre geometry and powerful digital audio, create a unique environment that will make audiences feel as if they are in the movie."

18. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    11,906 Likes Received
  19. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    11,906 Likes Received
    Just got back from the showing. I think Copolla did a fine job up until he veered to the left with the French Manor scene after Fishburn's death. That's 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Overall, it was amazing in IMAX.

20. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

45,470 Messages
    22,450 Likes Received
    Agreed.

If there's part of the movie that keeps it from being better than it is– It's that part of it.

GMO415 likes this.