Apple or Android and why???

cml750

Reaction score
Please post your preference and why.

Please do not turn this into a debate thread!!!! There is no wrong answer since it is all personal choice.

Personally, I prefer Android. To me, Android is much easier to use, the battery last longer, and extra storage is easy with an SD card although I know not all Androids have this capability. My wife and daughter have I-Phones and whenever I have to help them with something I find IOS more difficult to work with although I admit I have much more Android experience. I do however like ITunes and use it on my all Windows computers.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Android more hardware options. Apple you are pretty much locked in on what they offer. I left apple for the these two reasons, no access to the battery, and you have to pay premium for extra storage. I left Apple for Samsung and Samsung is fixing to follow the same logic as apple and I will go android on another device when it comes time. Beyond that both have their pros and cons. All i really care about, does it work as phone, does it work with email, does it have good camera, does it get online and I guess decent battery life. If its a sealed phone it better have damn good battery life.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Please post your preference and why.
Please do not turn this into a debate thread!!!! There is no wrong answer since it is all personal choice.

Personally, I prefer Android. To me, Android is much easier to use, the battery last longer, and extra storage is easy with an SD card although I know not all Androids have this capability. My wife and daughter have I-Phones and whenever I have to help them with something I find IOS more difficult to work with although I admit I have much more Android experience. I do however like ITunes and use it on my all Windows computers.

You are correct.

It's simply preference.

Neither is better.

You are leaning towards apple. Go with it.

I have both. Like both. My main is Note 4 android.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy S3. Honestly, I hardly use any of the features and the only ones that are important to me aren't very good (at least not anymore). I never take pictures or shoot video. I don't really care about speed (though I care about having service). I also care about battery life since I'm gone all day. All I really want is a phone that works in most places and lasts all day. Outside of that, I don't do much besides send texts, make occasional calls, go on a few websites, check email, and listen to some Spotify. My battery is starting to go. It'll drain 20% in a few hours in my pocket when I'm not even using it. And I have Metro PCS so I barely get service anymore. I just went on a 5-day road trip in the Olympic Penninsula (Washington state) and didn't get service the whole time, but my girlfriend who has AT&T had service even in the rain forest.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I have a Galaxy S3. Honestly, I hardly use any of the features and the only ones that are important to me aren't very good (at least not anymore). I never take pictures or shoot video. I don't really care about speed (though I care about having service). I also care about battery life since I'm gone all day. All I really want is a phone that works in most places and lasts all day. Outside of that, I don't do much besides send texts, make occasional calls, go on a few websites, check email, and listen to some Spotify. My battery is starting to go. It'll drain 20% in a few hours in my pocket when I'm not even using it. And I have Metro PCS so I barely get service anymore. I just went on a 5-day road trip in the Olympic Penninsula (Washington state) and didn't get service the whole time, but my girlfriend who has AT&T had service even in the rain forest.

Buy new battery you can change them from time to time. :D

cml750

Reaction score
Android more hardware options. Apple you are pretty much locked in on what they offer. I left apple for the these two reasons, no access to the battery, and you have to pay premium for extra storage. I left Apple for Samsung and Samsung is fixing to follow the same logic as apple and I will go android on another device when it comes time. Beyond that both have their pros and cons. All i really care about, does it work as phone, does it work with email, does it have good camera, does it get online and I guess decent battery life. If its a sealed phone it better have damn good battery life.

I agree that Samsung seems to be copying Apple and are in the process of making their wonderful Galaxy phones just like the Apple products I do not care for.. I have a Galaxy S4 right now which is a little behind but what the heck, my job gives it to me for free and I can use it all I want for personal use. Since I am stuck with what my job gives me(or just too cheap to pay for anther phone for myself), I will stick with what is free. I kind of hope I get a different type of Android phone that has the features I desire like changeable battery, SD card, etc... when it is time for my next upgrade.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Buy new battery you can change them from time to time. :D

I'm thinking of just getting a new phone. Having the worst experience with Metro PCS. Truly proving to be a pathetic company. They even had a bad reputation in Miami where there are more stores than anywhere in the country.

I moved to Seattle from Miami in September. Metro PCS was recently purchased by T-Mobile and everyone with an older phone (my Galaxy S3 is the newest and most expensive on the old network) has to trade in their phone in order to get a phone that will work on the new network starting next Monday.

You're supposed to bring your phone in to any Metro PCS store and you'll get a rebate toward your new phone. Most phones only have a $20-50 rebate but my phone has a $300 one, the highest by far. I mean, I paid $600 for it about 3 years ago and it's still a good phone.

Anyway, there are no stores in Seattle or within 1,000 miles. There are only "authorized sellers." When I call these sellers, they either know nothing about the promotion (posted on the front page of Metro PCS's website) or they don't even sell phones in their store. I've called Miami stores just to check and they said if I come in, they'd give me $300 toward a new phone. Even the Metro PCS hotline confirmed this.

So, I can't trade my phone in at a store since there are no actual stores. And I get incompetent people on the phone whenever I call the hotline. They told me to email an address that never responded. Then they filled out the form with me (over phone) that I already filled out to email to that address.

No response. No way to trade in my phone. No stores anywhere near. Nobody online or by phone that can help. No way of mailing my phone in for rebate. And now my phone will no longer work come Monday. My only bet is to try to get it unlocked and just get service with a different company. Truly a disappointment as I've been a Metro PCS customer since they were only a handful of stores in Miami. Just a crap company overall.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I agree that Samsung seems to be copying Apple and are in the process of making their wonderful Galaxy phones just like the Apple products I do not care for.. I have a Galaxy S4 right now which is a little behind but what the heck, my job gives it to me for free and I can use it all I want for personal use. Since I am stuck with what my job gives me(or just too cheap to pay for anther phone for myself), I will stick with what is free. I kind of hope I get a different type of Android phone that has the features I desire like changeable battery, SD card, etc... when it is time for my next upgrade.

Yup I am lucky I upgraded earlier this year and grabbed the Note 4 and grabbed my wife an S5 ur next one will be probably motorola or LG. I think HTC is still slaved to Windows, I hate windows phones. Its bad enough I occassionally have to deal with MS stuff at home, and when I had my last HTC Pure with the Windows OS I almost flushed it down the toilet.

cml750

Reaction score
You are correct.

It's simply preference.

Neither is better.

You are leaning towards apple. Go with it.

I have both. Like both. My main is Note 4 android.

Agree. Another persons personal choice should not make for an argument. I am sure Apple users like their products as much as I like mine. I was curious as to the reasons and thought it may be interesting. Heck, some may even like Windows phones which maybe I should have included in the title.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I'm thinking of just getting a new phone. Having the worst experience with Metro PCS. Truly proving to be a pathetic company. They even had a bad reputation in Miami where there are more stores than anywhere in the country.

I moved to Seattle from Miami in September. Metro PCS was recently purchased by T-Mobile and everyone with an older phone (my Galaxy S3 is the newest and most expensive on the old network) has to trade in their phone in order to get a phone that will work on the new network starting next Monday.

You're supposed to bring your phone in to any Metro PCS store and you'll get a rebate toward your new phone. Most phones only have a $20-50 rebate but my phone has a $300 one, the highest by far. I mean, I paid $600 for it about 3 years ago and it's still a good phone.

Anyway, there are no stores in Seattle or within 1,000 miles. There are only "authorized sellers." When I call these sellers, they either know nothing about the promotion (posted on the front page of Metro PCS's website) or they don't even sell phones in their store. I've called Miami stores just to check and they said if I come in, they'd give me $300 toward a new phone. Even the Metro PCS hotline confirmed this.

So, I can't trade my phone in at a store since there are no actual stores. And I get incompetent people on the phone whenever I call the hotline. They told me to email an address that never responded. Then they filled out the form with me (over phone) that I already filled out to email to that address.

No response. No way to trade in my phone. No stores anywhere near. Nobody online or by phone that can help. No way of mailing my phone in for rebate. And now my phone will no longer work come Monday. My only bet is to try to get it unlocked and just get service with a different company. Truly a disappointment as I've been a Metro PCS customer since they were only a handful of stores in Miami. Just a crap company overall.

Getting it unlocked should not be a problem, since the phone is old enough. There probably is store in the mall that sells cheap cell phone cases that does it. Usually they are burning incense but the gawdiness of their cases will clue you in on being in the right place.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Apple because it just works. With Android, some things do and some things don't. Android is more like windows where you have to reboot all the time.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
My dream is to have an ADULT discussion without the mods having to step in. There is absolutely no reason why adults can't do that.

Very True...
I'm very much still a flip phone fan.... but I'm old school I don't very much like having a personal cpu on my hip...
although I do have an old ipnone if necessary.

cml750

Reaction score
Very True...
I'm very much still a flip phone fan.... but I'm old school I don't very much like having a personal cpu on my hip...
although I do have an old ipnone if necessary.

Flip phone???? You are in the stone ages!!;) Just kidding, to each his or her own.:)

cml750

Reaction score
Apple because it just works. With Android, some things do and some things don't. Android is more like windows where you have to reboot all the time.

I haven't really had that type of problem with either type of phone (of course I only deal with my wife and daughters I-Phones when they have issues so I do not work with them much).I have never had to reboot the Android or Apple phones I have dealt with to fix a problem but I have had to research a few problems on the internet.

cml750

Reaction score
Motorola Razr ftw

I had a Razr HD before the Galaxy S4. I loved that phone until it got ran over by a dang car (ugh long story). How dare Motorola make a phone that can't take a Ford Expedition rolling over it.;)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Always been a mac guy, but iOS is making that harder and harder for me. I hate direction the UI tweaks have taken it (text buttons. Hard to reach for a right handed person, requiring two hands to use the phone. Pastels. Ugh). I'm looking at picking up an Adroid phone (Moto X) just to play with for a while to see which I might hate the least.