Apple topples Microsoft's throne

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;3416380 said:
Apple doesn't care about market share. They care about profit share. Google can gain market share, but isn't gaining profit share.

:lmao2:

They do for the fact that it's cutting into their profits! Why do you think they are trying to sue HTC? Cause Google is starting to kick their *** and take their market share AND profits.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;3416563 said:
I love macs. I love all things apple. I would never buy a PC (piece of crap). Sorry.

A Mac *IS* a PC. ;) I just prefer to run Linux on my PC.

PC stands for Personal Computer.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;3416563 said:
I love macs. I love all things apple. I would never buy a PC (piece of crap). Sorry.

You do realize Mac nows use the same hardware as Dell, Hp etc they moved away from the RISC processor to the standard x86 chipset they oversell their hardware when the only difference now is the OS. They use to run a different hardware set they where off branch chipset similar to the highend solaris and sun systems use to run and still run on some of their systems. They went to x86 because they could still overcharge people for the same hardware make bigger margins by overpricing their hardware.

I understand people like their OS but I always find it funny when Mac user start spouting off about superior hardware when it is the same

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kangaroo;3416653 said:
You do realize Mac nows use the same hardware as Dell, Hp etc they moved away from the RISC processor to the standard x86 chipset they oversell their hardware when the only difference now is the OS. They use to run a different hardware set they where off branch chipset similar to the highend solaris and sun systems use to run and still run on some of their systems. They went to x86 because they could still overcharge people for the same hardware make bigger margins by overpricing their hardware.

I understand people like their OS but I always find it funny when Mac user start spouting off about superior hardware when it is the same

I'm going on year 3 of my Mac. No problems at all.

I had a Dell before for this 3 years. Dell Laptop. Monitor, DVD Burner, Hard Drive all went out in that time span.

If the hardware is the same, I'll gladly pay Apple for it to not blow up.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3416703 said:
I'm going on year 3 of my Mac. No problems at all.

I had a Dell before for this 3 years. Dell Laptop. Monitor, DVD Burner, Hard Drive all went out in that time span.

If the hardware is the same, I'll gladly pay Apple for it to not blow up.

Buy the higher end Dell machines that are still far cheaper than a mac and you wont have that problem.

I find it funny when people tell me they bought a $499 laptop and wonder why it sucks. Spend a few extra dollars and get better quality hardware.

That doesn't mean you have to overpay like you do with apple's large margins to get quality.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
nyc;3416728 said:
Buy the higher end Dell machines that are still far cheaper than a mac and you wont have that problem.

I find it funny when people tell me they bought a $499 laptop and wonder why it sucks. Spend a few extra dollars and get better quality hardware.

That doesn't mean you have to overpay like you do with apple's large margins to get quality.

I've said this before. I paid damn near the same price for both machines.

I actually think the Dell was more expensive.

My Dell was like 1500. Mac was around the same after upgrading the ram and purchasing the Apple Care plan.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theogt;3416380 said:
Apple doesn't care about market share. They care about profit share. Google can gain market share, but isn't gaining profit share.

nyc;3416392 said:
:lmao2:

They do for the fact that it's cutting into their profits! Why do you think they are trying to sue HTC? Cause Google is starting to kick their *** and take their market share AND profits.
You don't read too well do you?

burmafrd

Reaction score
Apple will pop. Its just a matter of time. They never can go more then a coouple of years without doing something stupid. To try and claim Apple is more valuable then Microsoft is just another reason reality never is a factor in stocks. Who has 90% of the market? Who has the real clout?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
theogt;3416943 said:
You don't read too well do you?

So you don't think market share has anything to do with profits? Their margin is already being eroded. Android is going to crush them because Apple has no way to keep up with how quickly Android is innovating because they are completely closed. That on top of the fact that they want to dictate what their customers can and can't have.

Have you seen the truth?

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KAOm04sFXhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KAOm04sFXhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Apple is going to follow the same exact path they took last time. They are going to crumble to the competition. The only way they survived last time was their hard core fanboys.

This is the mistake Steve Jobs can't seem to avoid. Rinse and repeat. Apples downfall has already begun.

Steve Jobs is an incredibly smart man, but he is also an extremely greedy man.

Winston Churchil said:
Those that fail to learn from history, are doomed to repeat it.

Enter Steve Jobs.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
nyc;3417426 said:
Apple is going to follow the same exact path they took last time. They are going to crumble to the competition. The only way they survived last time was their hard core fanboys.

This is the mistake Steve Jobs can't seem to avoid. Rinse and repeat. Apples downfall has already begun.

Enter Steve Jobs.

From http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2010/05/24/android-overtaking-iphone-os-jobs-says-“not-a-chance-”/

"There were earlier reports that Google’s Android operating system overtaking the iPhone OS, as reported by us (here); however apparently Apple Guru Steve Jobs thinks otherwise.

According to an article over on Jobs’ best loved website, the iPhone 4G leaking Gizmodo, the iPhone chief was contacted by a guy called Brian that brought attention to a certain article posted by Gizmodo titled “Google Is Leapfrogging Apple.”

Well apparently Brian received a reply from Mr. Jobs. I do have to say at this point for the top guy of such a massive company he does tend to push out a few emails to ordinary people, if they are to be believed of course.

Anyway back to what Steve apparently replied, his email response was short and to the point…”Not a chance.”

Now of course even if Mr Jobs says there’s no chance Android is besting the iPhone OS, it doesn’t make it so as according to the figures Android is indeed overtaking iPhone; however, with WWDC soon to be upon us and the expected iPhone 4G along with iPhone OS 4.0 that could soon change."

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
nyc;3417426 said:
So you don't think market share has anything to do with profits? Their margin is already being eroded. Android is going to crush them because Apple has no way to keep up with how quickly Android is innovating because they are completely closed. That on top of the fact that they want to dictate what their customers can and can't have.

Have you seen the truth?

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KAOm04sFXhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KAOm04sFXhw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Enter Steve Jobs.
:laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3417656 said:
Now of course even if Mr Jobs says there&#8217;s no chance Android is besting the iPhone OS, it doesn&#8217;t make it so as according to the figures Android is indeed overtaking iPhone; however, with WWDC soon to be upon us and the expected iPhone 4G along with iPhone OS 4.0 that could soon change."

Yep, and there are I believe at least 5 more Android phones coming out AND the Nexus One will soon be sold by phone companies rather than direct from Google therefore boosting Android sales even more.

As for what Jobs says, what is he going to say? "Yep, Android is kicking our ***. All the lawsuits to stop them is only because we like to sue people and get sued in return for every other technology company out there."

When the G4 comes out, sure there will be a boost in sales. Thats what happens. Sales don't drop on new releases, they always rise. Hell, even train wrecks like Windows Vista. Sales initially rose when it came out. They tailed off afterward due to it being a piss poor product. (not that Apple makes piss poor products)

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
nyc;3416616 said:
A Mac *IS* a PC. ;) I just prefer to run Linux on my PC.

PC stands for Personal Computer.

Yea, i know what PC stands for. Was a joke.

Kangaroo;3416653 said:

I have no idea what you are talking about. I *work* on Macs. I don’t build them. I can update my ram, graphics card, drive...that’s about it. I have a $5 thousand dollar Mac Pro. I love it and it gets the job done for me. If you enjoy your PC, all the power to you.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
nyc;3417708 said:
Yep, and there are I believe at least 5 more Android phones coming out AND the Nexus One will soon be sold by phone companies rather than direct from Google therefore boosting Android sales even more.

As for what Jobs says, what is he going to say? "Yep, Android is kicking our ***. All the lawsuits to stop them is only because we like to sue people and get sued in return for every other technology company out there."

When the G4 comes out, sure there will be a boost in sales. Thats what happens. Sales don't drop on new releases, they always rise. Hell, even train wrecks like Windows Vista. Sales initially rose when it came out. They tailed off afterward due to it being a piss poor product. (not that Apple makes piss poor products)

If I remember correctly, though, Apple crumbled because they fired Steve Jobs, and they surged again because they rehired him. Steve was never the reason for its downfall.

I don't own any Apple products (I might purchase the IPad), but his track record speaks for himself.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3417964 said:
If I remember correctly, though, Apple crumbled because they fired Steve Jobs, and they surged again because they rehired him. Steve was never the reason for its downfall.

I don't own any Apple products (I might purchase the IPad), but his track record speaks for himself.

Actually, the board of directors force him out because of what he was doing to the company. He is known for "creating products that people love, but then alienating everyone and everything." When you do that, people don't buy your stuff.

Wikipedia->Steve Jobs said:
While Jobs was a persuasive and charismatic director for Apple, some of his employees from that time had described him as an erratic and temperamental manager. An industry-wide sales slump towards the end of 1984 caused a deterioration in Jobs's working relationship with Sculley, and at the end of May 1985 &#8211; following an internal power struggle and an announcement of significant layoffs &#8211; Sculley relieved Jobs of his duties as head of the Macintosh division

Apple was in this position back in the 80s and the damage was done then as its happening now.

When he left Apple he created NeXT. That didn't fair to well either with him at the helm. The guy is talented, but an obsessive maniac.

Wikipedia->Steve Jobs said:
Around the same time, Jobs founded another computer company, NeXT Computer. Like the Apple Lisa, the NeXT workstation was technologically advanced; however, it was largely dismissed by industry as cost-prohibitive. Among those who could afford it, however, the NeXT workstation garnered a strong following because of its technical strengths, chief among them its object-oriented software development system. Jobs marketed NeXT products to the scientific and academic fields because of the innovative, experimental new technologies it incorporated (such as the Mach kernel, the digital signal processor chip, and the built-in Ethernet port).

=======================

Jobs ran NeXT with an obsession for aesthetic perfection, as evidenced by such things as the NeXTcube's magnesium case. This put considerable strain on NeXT's hardware division, and in 1993, after having sold only 50,000 machines, NeXT transitioned fully to software development with the release of NeXTSTEP/Intel.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
nyc;3417989 said:
Actually, the board of directors force him out because of what he was doing to the company. He is known for "creating products that people love, but then alienating everyone and everything." When you do that, people don't buy your stuff.

Apple was in this position back in the 80s and the damage was done then as its happening now.

When he left Apple he created NeXT. That didn't fair to well either with him at the helm. The guy is talented, but an obsessive maniac.

What is happening now?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3417996 said:
What is happening now?

You haven't been paying attention to the news.

• He is alienating many of his users by telling them what they can and cannot have on their Apple products.
  • He is alienating his developers telling them what they can and cannot do AND they spend tons of money making an app and Apple rejects it because it competes with their own app.
  • They refuse to allow Flash on their platform, not because of the reason they give, but because it allows developers to create apps for their platform that they have no way to "reject".
  • They are committing anti-trust against Amazon.com (the government is investigating them now for it)
  • They are forcing everyone to pay more for eBooks to fatten their own pockets. (they told book makers to force Amazon sell the books at a higher cost or that Apple wouldn't sell their books)
  • They are suing HTC (cause Google would crush them) to stop the Android, but it's backfiring as they are now being sued by several of the mobile phone maker community.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
obsession-eau-toilette-spray-01758484005.jpg