Apple topples Microsoft's throne

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
nyc;3417989 said:
Actually, the board of directors force him out because of what he was doing to the company. He is known for "creating products that people love, but then alienating everyone and everything." When you do that, people don't buy your stuff.

So, they fired him and it resulted in Apple, the creator of the PC, pretty much losing out on the growing PC market during the mid 80s to mid 90s?

Internal disagreements and upheavals go on all of the time. Bill Gates was ranted and raved against for all of his so called "machinations" too.

The point is Steve Jobs successes seem to be a lot more than his failures.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3418022 said:
obsession-eau-toilette-spray-01758484005.jpg

:muttley:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;3418027 said:
So, they fired him and it resulted in Apple, the creator of the PC, pretty much losing out on the growing PC market during the mid 80s to mid 90s?

Internal disagreements and upheavals go on all of the time. Bill Gates was ranted and raved against for all of his so called "machinations" too.

The point is Steve Jobs successes seem to be a lot more than his failures.

Since this hasn't played out completely yet, I won't account for the "current" Apple status. So, he is 1-2 thus far. He failed with Apple the first time, he failed with NeXT, and he succeeded with Pixar.

So far he has succeeded with Apple in the second go around, but he is showing signs of trying to kill it like he did the first time with Apple and NeXT.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
nyc;3418054 said:
Since this hasn't played out completely yet, I won't account for the "current" Apple status. So, he is 1-2 thus far. He failed with Apple the first time, he failed with NeXT, and he succeeded with Pixar.

So far he has succeeded with Apple in the second go around, but he is showing signs of trying to kill it like he did the first time with Apple and NeXT.

He has succeeded. Just by the ipod alone. It took the world by storm. It completely blind sided Gates and Microsoft. Apple has been the pioneer and continues to raise the bar. The rest of the world follows and copy-cats.

arglebargle

Reaction score
Apple's big strength is their user interface design, set up to be simple and ease to use. They do have some innovation there. Sadly, as a phone, the iPhone is not so good. But it was innovative. However, their desire to keep everything under their control (as in iTunes, iPhone, no-Flash, etc) pretty much kills my interest in their platforms.

On the other hand, I have a couple of friends who worked at Apple while Jobs was in charge, and they pretty much spit when his name is mentioned. He is apparantly a real jerk to work for.