Arch Manning

Fmart322

Reaction score
I know this is way, way, way to early to speculate on but would you want the Cowboys to tank the 2025 season to have a shot at Arch Manning?

By hook or by crook I hope the Cowboys do whatever they can to get this young man. Be it tank the season, trade players for top draft picks that can be packaged. Trading all of their draft picks like the Saints did for Ricky Williams.

Great QBs come from Archie Mannings DNA.
4 super bowl wins between Payton and EliWhat know I'm crazy but what do you think?

Odds of this happening are ZERO %.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know this is way, way, way to early to speculate on but would you want the Cowboys to tank the 2025 season to have a shot at Arch Manning?

By hook or by crook I hope the Cowboys do whatever they can to get this young man. Be it tank the season, trade players for top draft picks that can be packaged. Trading all of their draft picks like the Saints did for Ricky Williams.

Great QBs come from Archie Mannings DNA.
4 super bowl wins between Payton and EliWhat know I'm crazy but what do you think?

Odds of this happening are ZERO %.
Getting the #1 pick in 2026 organically could be in reach if we move on from Prescott. There wont be a real opportunity in 2025 to get a replacement

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
They would have to let go of Parsons and Lamb and Bland, possibly Tyler S. although I don't know how that times out. But it certainly is a possibility.

Granted his uncle pulled off the franchise snub when they thought a team wasn't up to par as a well run organization. If you see the odd behavior from Harrison Jr. then you can expect a lot more of that non conformity.

I am betting more players being drafted from NIL deals etc will essentially holdout or tell teams to trade them after being drafted but let it be known that they are not playing for that franchise.

Can't exclude that some of those very tippy top players would boycott the Cowboys as they are leery that they are too poorly run and won't change to become a better FO and franchise.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would want to see how he plays a full season at Texas before answering that.
The limited amount of snaps he's gotten so far has been very impressive.

I would take Quinn Ewers in next year's draft if he's available.

Last edited:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Sanders and Manning love affairs…make zero sense. Especially Arch…
100% agree.

Arch is talented for sure but he has played like 5 downs of college fb and has never started a single game yet. Im not sure he will even be eligible to be drafted until 2026.

Sanders? He’s a good college QB who has an average arm and throws a ton of risky passes. Maybe he grows a lot this year but at this point he looks like an NFL backup at best. Hard pass for me.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score

I get both, as far as talent goes.

Manning comes from an NFL bloodline and just seems like one of those prospects who is destined to be the first overall pick. If he has a good-great year as a starter, I am 100% sure he’ll be the #1 pick whenever he declares.

The pressure on him to succeed will be immense, however.

Sanders. I understand why people like his talent. But dealing with him and his dad would be a pain in the bootyous maximus. They’re going to be a huge distraction, all the time.

Ghost12

Reaction score
They'd look silly tanking in 2025 when Arch won't be coming out until 2027's draft.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I get both, as far as talent goes.

Manning comes from an NFL bloodline and just seems like one of those prospects who is destined to be the first overall pick. If he has a good-great year as a starter, I am 100% sure he’ll be the #1 pick whenever he declares.

The pressure on him to succeed will be immense, however.

Sanders. I understand why people like his talent. But dealing with him and his dad would be a pain in the bootyous maximus. They’re going to be a huge distraction, all the time.
They all are….Eli Manning was a headache to deal with before he even stepped on the field thanks to his dad.

The thing about me…..when do these guys ever succeed? At what rate? The chances of a star coming from a family without already a star in it is rare.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
100% agree.

Arch is talented for sure but he has played like 5 downs of college fb and has never started a single game yet. Im not sure he will even be eligible to be drafted until 2026.

Sanders? He’s a good college QB who has an average arm and throws a ton of risky passes. Maybe he grows a lot this year but at this point he looks like an NFL backup at best. Hard pass for me.
Exactly.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
4 Super Bowl wrings in total between the two mannings, on his a HOF and considered one of the best QBs of all time while the other will get in for his playoff performances in 2007 and 2011. Arch, to some, is expected to be a similar prospect if not better than at least Eli.

That's where the hype is coming from.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
4 Super Bowl wrings in total between the two mannings, on his a HOF and considered one of the best QBs of all time while the other will get in for his playoff performances in 2007 and 2011. Arch, to some, is expected to be a similar prospect if not better than at least Eli.

Yeah I guess Lebron James son is destined for greatness. Michael Jordan son too….best accomplishment is knocking down Larsa Pippen which ain’t much of an accomplishment lol.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah I guess Lebron James son is destined for greatness. Michael Jordan son too….best accomplishment is knocking down Larsa Pippen which ain’t much of an accomplishment lol.
Well, Arch is extremely talented whereas Bronny is not. People were saying Bronny might be a 2nd rounder before he even played a college game

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Lebron's doesn't come from a football dynasty royalty...

Even Archie Manning to many is considered a better QB than his stats show. A good QB stuck on a god awful team. I also mentioned Arch as a prospect, he's been getting scouted on and off the field for a few years now and the consensus is he's a great prospect that is expected to have a great college career. Of course this could all be completely off the mark, but the apt you used is poor.

Ring Leader

Reaction score

If he isn't better than a .500 winning % QB (Eli) I'm not seven slightly interested.

John813

Reaction score
Still surprised he's sticking it out in Texas.
Unless he plans on playing as a senior, he's going to have potentially only 1 full starting year as a CFB QB.