Twitter: Archer: Cowboys have sent a new proposal Dak's agent

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
No they traded Mack because Mack wasn't going to re-sign there. Which is why when they traded him it was contingent on him getting a new deal in Chicago......Mack and Cooper are nothing alike. ONe got 2 premium 1st round picks. The other got a 1st rounder from Dallas because no one else wanted to trade for him. Even on this site most of us were talking trading a 3rd rounder for him. Revisionist history is a ***** ain't it?
While I agree with almost everything you have said on this topic there were rumors that teams offered a 2nd for Cooper including Philly. Dallas gave the first to secure his services....... which wasn't that great that year at the point of the trade. Cooper busted out once he was paired with Dak and even talked about how well Dak threw it to him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper a 2x pro bowler in Oakland..lol
Dre....please....i'm not in the mood. Please do research before we continue this conversation. Like I feel like trolling with some of these posts. In Oakland in 2017 he had 680 Yards and was catching 50% of the passes thrown his way. In 2018 prior to getting traded to thoe Cowboys he was catching 46% of them in comparison to the 80 percent he caught with Dak. He dropped 10% of the balls thrown his way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
While I agree with almost everything you have said on this topic there were rumors that teams offered a 2nd for Cooper including Philly. Dallas gave the first to secure his services....... which wasn't that great that year at the point of the trade. Cooper busted out once he was paired with Dak and even talked about how well Dak threw it to him.
I agree. There were teams that wanted him for a 2nd. IN order to get him they had to trade a 1st. No team offered a 1st. I think there rumors of the Titans may be offering a 2nd too.

I love the trade now. Hated it at the time. But i'm refuting this BS notion that Dak's team was stacked. Yes, it looks that way now but no one thought very highly of Gallup, Cooper or Cobb prior to them coming to Dallas. People can talk that crap now but they'd be lying. Cooper was not good prior to getting to Dallas. Earlier in his career he was. But i'm speaking on the year and a half prior to getting to Dallas.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree. There were teams that wanted him for a 2nd. IN order to get him they had to trade a 1st. No team offered a 1st. I think there rumors of the Titans may be offering a 2nd too.

I love the trade now. Hated it at the time. But i'm refuting this BS notion that Dak's team was stacked. Yes, it looks that way now but no one thought very highly of Gallup, Cooper or Cobb prior to them coming to Dallas. People can talk that crap now but they'd be lying. Cooper was not good prior to getting to Dallas. Earlier in his career he was. But i'm speaking on the year and a half prior to getting to Dallas.
I understand what you're saying and I agree. I remember a ton of guys saying that Cooper trade was terrible. Some contradict themselves so much trying to dance around with the myth that Dak isn't very good. I think Dak has also shown the ability to make guys better so that myth is false as well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I understand what you're saying and I agree. I remember a ton of guys saying that Cooper trade was terrible. Some contradict themselves so much trying to dance around with the myth that Dak isn't very good. I think Dak has also shown the ability to make guys better so that myth is false as well.
Agree 100 percent.

Dre11

Reaction score
No they traded Mack because Mack wasn't going to re-sign there. Which is why when they traded him it was contingent on him getting a new deal in Chicago......Mack and Cooper are nothing alike. ONe got 2 premium 1st round picks. The other got a 1st rounder from Dallas because no one else wanted to trade for him. Even on this site most of us were talking trading a 3rd rounder for him. Revisionist history is a ***** ain't it?

Mack would've signed there, Gruden wasn't signing him. Cooper was worth the 1st, in fact the Eagles was after him and offered a 2nd. The Raiders wanted 1st

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score

I'm a huge Dak fan and even I know Dak didn't make Cooper look good, Cooper did more for Dak's game the Dak did for Cooper. Cooper route running and ability to get open is a dream for a qb.

Dre11

Reaction score
Dre....please....i'm not in the mood. Please do research before we continue this conversation. Like I feel like trolling with some of these posts. In Oakland in 2017 he had 680 Yards and was catching 50% of the passes thrown his way. In 2018 prior to getting traded to thoe Cowboys he was catching 46% of them in comparison to the 80 percent he caught with Dak. He dropped 10% of the balls thrown his way.

You're not in the mood because you want to cherry pick what you want to state your case, disregarding his 2 pro bowl seasons is asinine. Everybody and their mother knew he wanted out of Oakland, when healthy he's a top we in the league, anyone disputing that is an idiot.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
Did a qb that have 18 point higher qbs rating than dak just sign a 4 year contract for under $30 million per season.

Dre11

Reaction score

I love the trade now. Hated it at the time. But i'm refuting this BS notion that Dak's team was stacked. Yes, it looks that way now but no one thought very highly of Gallup, Cooper or Cobb prior to them coming to Dallas. People can talk that crap now but they'd be lying. Cooper was not good prior to getting to Dallas. Earlier in his career he was. But i'm speaking on the year and a half prior to getting to

Cooper had 2 great seasons ,1 average season in Oakland. 2018 was Gruden's 1st and nobody looked good there, you may even say those 6 games was a wash. You also ignored what Dal looked like those 6 games before Cooper arrived.

Dre11

Reaction score
So what are you saying?

Cooper had 2 great seasons ,1 average season in Oakland. 2018 was Gruden's 1st and nobody looked good there, you may even say those 6 games was a wash. You also ignored what Dal looked like those 6 games before Cooper arrived.

starfan1

Reaction score
You're not in the mood because you want to cherry pick what you want to state your case, disregarding his 2 pro bowl seasons is asinine. Everybody and their mother knew he wanted out of Oakland, when healthy he's a top we in the league, anyone disputing that is an idiot.
That last sentence is key. He spent a lot of time last year playing hurt . Hopefully he’s healthy next year

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I didn’t ignore it. His number one option was Allen Hurns. How good were they suppose to look? And what does it being Grudens first year have to do with anything? So will Gallup and Cooper get the pass this year since it’s McCarthys first year?

Dre11

Reaction score
I didn’t ignore it. His number one option was Allen Hurns. How good were they suppose to look? And what does it being Grudens first year have to do with anything? So will Gallup and Cooper get the pass this year since it’s McCarthys first year?

It was apparent Gruden' s first year was to start a tear down and rebuild, Gruden' s first year was a disaster, it had people questioning if he still had it. As far as MCarthy first year, he's not tearing it down and rebuilding, keeping Moore and most of the system the same is huge, so no Gallup or Cooper gets a pass.

Dre11

Reaction score

and for the record, I was ecstatic to get Cooper from Oakland, so no revisionist history.