News: Archer: Cowboys Meeting with Marvin Lewis

jnday

Reaction score
According to College Football Vault, Dallas has approached Lincoln Riley for the HC position. From that info, it makes sense to have Lewis as a DC. They said the interest is mutual.

Last edited:

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I love how this dysfunctional FO keeps us up to date on things.

Most teams like to keep their fans interested in what's going on.......not the petrified GM we're stuck with.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
According to College Football Vault, Dallas has approached Lincoln Riley for the HC position. From that info, it makes sense to have Lewis as a DC.
What's your temperature homie?
My tio... Geraldo wants to know.

LoneStar84

Reaction score
You do not interview Marvin Lewis as a token interview. The token interview would be reserved for someone who has never coached before helping them with their interview skills, etc. You are not going to waste Marvin Lewis's time and disrespect him for all the years he has been a head coach for a token interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.
This is what I’m thinking too, which leads me to believe Jerry is seriously considering Lewis for the HC job.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
According to College Football Vault, Dallas has approached Lincoln Riley for the HC position. From that info, it makes sense to have Lewis as a DC. They said the interest is mutual.

I really wish an official source could confirm this :(

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I like Lewis but I witnessed the Bengals keeping him way too long for no success in the PO. The same way we stuck with the clapper way too long with no PO success. Guess you can say both organizations are senile.

CWR

Reaction score
Jesus, how do these guys feel taking the time to go through this? He has to know he is a token interview, he has to know.

Maybe they are killing two birds with one stone. They can interview Lewis for both job openings when they technically only want him as DC. If they already know who they want for HC then why bring in people you dont intend on hiring?

Otherwise if its simply a token interview its crap. I dont know all of the up and coming coaches around the league, but Id have to assume there are better prospects.

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
Why is everyone just assuming it’s going to be Lewis or McCarthy? From reading the comments it seems most of you are assuming that Jerry isn’t going to interview anyone else but these two

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Why is everyone just assuming it’s going to be Lewis or McCarthy? From reading the comments it seems most of you are assuming that Jerry isn’t going to interview anyone else but these two

Agreed. I reminisce a certain verified tweet saying some coaches from the NCAA are too he interviewed/considered.

Edit: yep

jnday

Reaction score
I really wish an official source could confirm this :(
That’s as good as it’s gonna get. I found it if FB. To be honest, it really doesn’t matter. Jerry is gonna do what he wants.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
So Jerry is hiring the coordinator before the new coach? :rolleyes::(

Funny story: I was at Hampton University this past fall watching my son play a game there. I see this guy in the bathroom who looks very familiar. I ask him is he someone from my home town, he says "no." I don't badger him because I can place his face.
After we go our separate ways, it dawns on me it's Marvin Lewis.
I guess he has a child at Hampton.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
So Jerry is hiring the coordinator before the new coach? :rolleyes::(

Funny story: I was at Hampton University this past fall watching my son play a game there. I see this guy in the bathroom who looks very familiar. I ask him is he someone from my home town, he says "no." I don't badger him because I can place his face.
After we go our separate ways, it dawns on me it's Marvin Lewis.
I guess he has a child at Hampton.

Go NCCU Eagles! But during the off season was eating at Cheddars in Winston Salem NC and Mike Tomlin comes waltzing bye. He was real nice and courteous.