News: Archer: Cowboys Meeting with Marvin Lewis

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Why did he only go to one Super Bowl with those Hall of Fame quarterbacks? He was there a long time.
I do not follow GB that much.

I"m sure you can do a little research and bring us all up to speed.

I sort of got the idea he and Rodgers fell out over players being released that was making Rodgers job harder..

and there was something about playcalling issues.

See what you can find..interested in knowing.

Bing

Reaction score
Who says either McCarthy or Lewis is to be interviewed for the head coach. JJ might have decided to keep Carrot Top as head coach and bring in McCarthy as the OC and bring in Lewis as the DC...

Plankton

Reaction score
The moment when Garrett and Lewis saw each other at the Star:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

chicago JK

Reaction score
I don't get the Marvin Lewis thing. He was a solid coach for a long time but things change in the NFL quick. Aren't we tired of older coaches trying to hang on (Marinelli, Kiffen, etc)?

Even if this was a Rooney rule requirement and Dallas already knows who they are hiring, wouldn't you want to interview an younger guy you don't know. You never know what the future will hold. It is just disappointing that Jason has been teetering on should he stay or should he go for several years now, and the first two names we are hearing are not very creative or some would say promising names.

We don't really know the whole story what is going on, and for once their is no leaking so it really hard to make conclusions. But this whole process seems sloppy, disorganized, lazy and incompetent. Maybe this is wrong but Jerry doesn't have the best track record with these things.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You do not interview Marvin Lewis as a token interview. The token interview would be reserved for someone who has never coached before helping them with their interview skills, etc. You are not going to waste Marvin Lewis's time and disrespect him for all the years he has been a head coach for a token interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.

:hammer::hammer:Marvin's too experience and smart for that......

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rooney Rule? Anyone minority candidate with a better coaching resume than Garrett should not be written off as a Rooney Rule interview. Lewis is a significant upgrade over Garrett.....

Better coaching resume?

How? He was there 16 years and never won a playoff game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Why though. No seriously, why?

"Lewis spent last season as an adviser to Herm Edwards"

If we get a college coach, an experienced NFL coach would be valuable to give advice for an NFL program. Jerry has used and tried to use senior advisers for new coaches multiple times.