Twitter: Archer: Cowboys won't be looking at top free agents

John813

Reaction score
No surprise really.

Even when this team didn't have a looming QB contract overhead they still didn't go all out in FA

Didn’t Archer predict the Cowboys would let Dak walk in free agency. The Cowboys have a plan and I actually trust the Joneses because nobody saw the Dak signing coming.

I know Archer was one of the bigger names to bring up the 4year deal with 2 void years a week or two ago.

aikemirv

Reaction score

Well that didn't work. Let's try it again. And again. Etc.

Well the good news is that we don't need top guys to get improvement.

Unfortunately we are bottom of the barrel on Defense and almost anything is an improvement!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Honestly, this is the what we expected. But key word is top free agents.

We can still land starters at DT, LB, FS or CB for reasonable deals.
Well yeah. There IS a cap on salary, and if anyone is being real about it......this team has already given out all the big contracts it can for now.

Unfortunately many are underperforming them, and until they can get out from under those.....or heaven forbid those players step up.....they won't be able to add anyone of significance.

starfan1

Reaction score
archer is another crackpot to not listen to. That said he's really going out on a limb there now isn't he? I hope that the cowboys surprise us and spend for at least 1 quality FA. They can do their standard bargain bin shopping after that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You can't pay top dollar for every player. But some of you seem resentful for the Cowboys paying top dollar for any player... enter Dak Prescott that just got paid top dollar and the haters just get madder about it. Stephen Jones has never approached FA looking to pay top dollar. There are diamonds in the rough and those are the FA players Stephen is looking for.