Twitter: Archer: Cowboys won't be looking at top free agents

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
you cant be this fing stupid

out of the 90 something major sports franchises in the US, we are one of the 10 worst. "haters" and "they do what they think is best" is silly

they should be criticized every single day for being inept *******es
It takes stupid to know stupid, Stupid.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you cant be this fing stupid

out of the 90 something major sports franchises in the US, we are one of the 10 worst. "haters" and "they do what they think is best" is silly

they should be criticized every single day for being inept *******es
We are one of the 10 worst franchises in the US? Huh?

dogberry

Reaction score
Can we dump the use of “hate”?

In common usage it denotes strong views on sexual orientations, race, or broccoli, and should be avoided on a football site.

Jipper

Reaction score
im all for not looking at tier 1 FA's as they are routinely way overpriced for the value....however, tier 2 guys is where the value and talent that can still impact the team is....im good with 3-4 of those types of guys vs 1-2 of the tier 1 guys

dogberry

Reaction score
Brady’s looking for tier 1s who want a ring, and will work cheap.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you think the Cowboys will be players in free agency, I have some bad news:

naH.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did the Cowboys brass contact Archer and tell him this or is he simply assuming ?

Like the rest of us, he can easily see that the Cowboys have about $2 million in cap space.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did the Cowboys brass contact Archer and tell him this or is he simply assuming ?

Probably guessing. It's what they always do. He's just playing the odds.

But maybe he did hear they don't intend on changing their approach to free agency this year.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The problem is too many second contract types mail it in after getting paid for real.....and Dallas provides the perfect environment for getting away with that.

So yeah, the bust rate would probably be huge.

Then again, if we average one top FA per decade, we are still due for one.

I think they mail it in, due to losing culture, bad coaching, and player coddling.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stasharoo where do you think they get additional cap space and any surprise cuts ?

I think they’ll look to one or more of the big offensive linemen contracts first ( I would too if I had to), and likely rework Lawrence’s deal again (I wouldn’t).

But I expect them to do that to sign a few bargains and their draft picks but I don’t expect any significant free agent signings.

garyv

Reaction score
I think they’ll look to one or more of the big offensive linemen contracts first ( I would too if I had to), and likely rework Lawrence’s deal again (I wouldn’t).

But I expect them to do that to sign a few bargains and their draft picks but I don’t expect any significant free agent signings.

Maybe Jerry decides lets go for this Superbowl 2021 :)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe Jerry decides lets go for this Superbowl 2021 :)

He certainly has for his offense. But I think the defense will have to be fixed through the draft and better coaching, not free agency.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think they mail it in, due to losing culture, bad coaching, and player coddling.
Agree.

Then the face of the franchise has to get on the radio and comment about how great someone is when we all know they arent just so he can sell his product and defend his choices.

Its an awful situation and the man either cannot or refuses to step back from the media to fix it.

Team reps go out of their way to stay out of the media, and Jerry does it voluntarily because he loves the attention.

This is why winning is not a priority.

Jerry being a celebrity is most important.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If we switched Jerry & Crew, for Kraft & Crew today; how long do you think it would take to get back on track?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Amari Cooper

We traded for him as well

The difference with me at least is he cost draft capital when we acquired him, not a huge contract. And in addition, we had 1.5 years to test him out *before* we had to commit long term.

And that wasn't a bad way to go about acquiring him, but objectively he wasn't a free agent.

And maybe if we waited for him to hit the market, he doesn't end up here. I don't know if he takes a discount if he wasn't already here and comfortable. Can't say one way or the other, but he was not signed as an UFA

Jason 82 Witten

Reaction score
I know it’s a different world now due to Covid, But seeing Jerry’s palace packed every home game before pre-Covid always made me shake my head. Why do people continuously fill the stadium year after year after year for the product the Joneses have put on the field? The only thing that’s going to get Jerry’s attention is seeing that stadium not packed full every home game. He’s still making tons of money off a mediocre team.