Archer: Inside the eight days it took the Dallas Cowboys to hire a head coach

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I swear. I've never seen a bunch of losers grasping at some speculation that never had a chance of being true from some beat reporter. Just to further an agenda. Rather embarrassing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
So just so I understand. They didn't fire Garrett right away because they felt if none of the interviews went well they'd just bring Garrett back? They didn't inform Garrett he was canned until after they realized McCarthy was their guy?

LOL. Geezus.
I do not believe this.

Garrett was not in position to have the HC job unless he got the NFC Championship Game won.

This is not a validated fact..

Just like it was reported McCarthy spent the night at Jerrah's house Sunday.

BS.

Proximo

Reaction score
One down one to go at that point.

May as well start lookin for a new team bro.
Jerry has the brain of a forty year old and his body is holding up well enough to still have play time at the strip club.

With the amount of money that family has + advancements in medical science, him and Stephen both may outlive us all, lol.

:D

cern

Reaction score
Garrett's fate was sealed immediately after the loss to philly. The game was a testament to his inept coaching. So much so that even jerry finally realized the truth.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I swear. I've never seen a bunch of losers grasping at some speculation that never had a chance of being true from some beat reporter. Just to further an agenda. Rather embarrassing.
Sounds like when people called Garrett the next Landry and claimed he'd win Super Bowls plural, not singular.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones did not enter Saturday's interview with Mike McCarthy with a preconception that he would become the Dallas Cowboys' coach less than 48 hours later, but a high-ranking source said McCarthy "blew the socks off" with his interview.

At that moment, the Joneses felt like they did not need to talk with other candidates after their first face-to-face meeting lasted more than 12 hours.

The high-level source said there was never a time Garrett was considered for a front-office role with the Cowboys. Garrett stated after the Washington game he wanted to continue to coach and he wanted it to be with Dallas. The high-ranking source said that had the Cowboys not been overwhelmed by McCarthy or any other candidates, there was a chance Garrett could have returned as coach.

https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-co...-coach?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Cowboys! in your faces.
OMG, dodged a bullet!

BigD_95

Reaction score
My one question is what does it take to blow the socks off of Jerry and Stephen? Is that asking for too much info?

Seeing McCarthy interviewed with other teams why didn’t he knock their socks off?