Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Insiders not high on Cowboys' work so far
March, 27, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The guys over on ESPN Insiders are not fans
in.gif
of what the Dallas Cowboys have -- or have not -- done in free agency so far this offseason, giving them a D grade.

dal.gif
The only team with a worse grade is the Oakland Raiders, who earned an F.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4726164/insiders-not-high-on-cowboys-work-so-far

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can understand the "F" to an extent.

Losing Ware was a costly hit. Hatcher a little less so.

I think the media see's Austin as being more valuable than what he actually has been, especially last season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Want a good grade? Spend a lot. You see it every year. The Eagles were a dream team. The Commanders win the off season Championship almost every year.

Save cap room and not sign big contracts? No soup for you.

The funny thing is, a lot of posters here applauded not paying the prices for Peppers and Allen, or for Ware. They laughed and said the Commanders paid too much for Hatcher. The exact same posters will be in this thread saying we goofed and this article is a foundation.

Everything we do is wrong. Every single time.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
March, 27, 2014

in.gif
of what the Dallas Cowboys have -- or have not -- done in free agency so far this offseason, giving them a D grade.

dal.gif

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4726164/insiders-not-high-on-cowboys-work-so-far

Of course not. Jerry must have impregnated all of their wives the way they all hate him.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I actually really like what we have done so far. I think Garretts playbook is going to be modified and/or gone all together. We changed our offensive play caller. We changed our defensive coordinator. We have multpile live young athletic bodies along the DL that will be part of a rotation (which is NECESSARY for the defense we want to run)

We moved on from some aging vets whose productivity was not nearly worth their price tag

We picked up a QB that was a 1st rounder 2 years ago....to groom as a backup

We played a lot of young guys on defense last year that were thrown into a touogh situation and had to learn on the fly...there is a good chance some of them will stick

We get Lee and Claiborne back from injuries

Our young guys on the OL (Smith, Leary, Fredercik) got a ton of game experience and suited up every week

There is only so much you can do in a offseason when you finish 8-8 3 straight years and are WAY over the cap. As frustrating as this team has been....we played the last game of the season 3 straight years with a "win and you are in" scenario. As much as Jerry will not admit it...we have been rebuilding...so hopefully the young guys are ready to take the next step. I personally think we did not get worse. And we are fixing our cap

The only thing I would like to see this team do is add a veteran reliable WR. And a reliable RB to compliment Murray. I love the talent of Dez and Terrance...but Dez is still growing into a student of the game....and Terrance is going into his 2nd year. With a veteran QB like Romo...I would love to pair him with a veteran WR....in an effort to maximize what I see is a 2 year window for Romo to make a deep playoff run.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Want a good grade? Spend a lot. You see it every year. The Eagles were a dream team. The Commanders win the off season Championship almost every year.

I remember that, the Eagles signed one big name after another, and in the end it didn't help at all.

We knew all along we were going to be heavily dependent for improvement on the draft this year, so let them blast away.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I can understand the "F" to an extent.

Losing Ware was a costly hit. Hatcher a little less so.

I think the media see's Austin as being more valuable than what he actually has been, especially last season.

I think the same is true for Ware. I'm sorry but he will never again be that 20 sack guy and I'm willing to bet he never reaches

chagus

Reaction score
March, 27, 2014

in.gif

dal.gif

Seems like a "catch 22" for the Cowboys FO... if they would've kept Ware and Hatcher, Cowboys would've received a "D" for re-signing aging vets. Ridiculous.

kjcmeb

Reaction score
That's it. Kill the messenger.

Just stating that the writers for ESPN Dallas are really bad......Can you name on that is decent? I am not saying that the Cowboys don't deserve a fair amount of criticism. They certainly do.

starfrombirth

Reaction score

Save cap room and not sign big contracts? No soup for you.

The funny thing is, a lot of posters here applauded not paying the prices for Peppers and Allen, or for Ware. They laughed and said the Commanders paid too much for Hatcher. The exact same posters will be in this thread saying we goofed and this article is a foundation.

Everything we do is wrong. Every single time.

Not me. I still believe we made the right decisions. I don't like the management that got us here but as I've said before... Positive baby steps.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
What we have done so far may make us a better team in the future but there is no doubt we are worse off for 2014.

I feel a little guilty belly laughing about our cap issues now.

That's it. Kill the messenger.

Conflicting statements.

We all knew the team wasn’t going to be a super bowl contending team in 2014, so making moves for the future are actually good moves.

Whoever wrote this is not a messenger, but a misguided “now” person.

Whether or not we’re worse off for 2014 is kind of irrelevant if the moves made were overall moves for us, don’t ya think?