Archer: Interest high to sign Leonard

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
You answered your own question Dallas will offer a more attractive package because they value lbs more than the Eagles. This is a relatively young player who may be on his last chance to earn $ due to his health situation not a old vet who’s made his money now just looking for a chance at a ring.
I don't know the exact numbers but it looks like the colts cap charge is $19 million. I'm not sure what exactly he is getting paid this year, but from my understanding, if the cowboys were willing to pay more this year, they would of just claimed him off waivers. Otherwise he is getting paid the same no matter what. If the colts owe him 5 million and the cowboys want to pay him 4 million he still gets 5 million because the colts owe him the extra 1 million. If the eagles want to pay 1 million he still gets 5 million because the colts still have to pay the other 4 million. The only way I see the cowboys paying more is if they add an extra year. Thoughts?

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't know the exact numbers but it looks like the colts cap charge is $19 million. I'm not sure what exactly he is getting paid this year, but from my understanding, if the cowboys were willing to pay more this year, they would of just claimed him off waivers. Otherwise he is getting paid the same no matter what. If the colts owe him 5 million and the cowboys want to pay him 4 million he still gets 5 million because the colts owe him the extra 1 million. If the eagles want to pay 1 million he still gets 5 million because the colts still have to pay the other 4 million. The only way I see the cowboys paying more is if they add an extra year. Thoughts?
Base salary was $15,700,000 this year. So he played in what, 9 games? Pro-rated out, any team picking him off of waivers would have had to pay him around $7.4 million still. Which I doubt any team really wanted to do given what kind of player he is now.

Colts owe him zip because his base salary wasn't guaranteed. So when they cut him, his contract wasn't technically voided as it would go to the waiver wire. Once he wasn't picked up on waivers, the contract become void.

Sydla

Reaction score
And Philly waived a DB yesterday, to create a roster spot. Signs seem to point to the fact they want him and they usually get what the want.

If Jerry wanted him, he probably shouldn't have let him leave Dallas.

Sydla

Reaction score
And now it appears Cunningham, one of the Eagles starting LBs, is out with a hamstring injury and could miss multiple weeks.

I fully expect the Eagles to be desperate here and add Leonard now.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And now it appears Cunningham, one of the Eagles starting LBs, is out with a hamstring injury and could miss multiple weeks.

I still feel ultimately he ends up here. His boys are on the team, no state tax, we were his first visit, etc

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
It may be high, but signing with Philly would be more appealing, if he wants a SB this year.

starfan1

Reaction score
I still feel ultimately he ends up here. His boys are on the team, no state tax, we were his first visit, etc
I dont know how effective he would be but its an area of need, So hell probably end up in Philly as they are probably closer to championship but i hope your right

Jipper

Reaction score
it sounds like his closest connections are on philly, not in Dallas and there is the philly - indy connection too. I would bet the farm hes gonig to philly at this point unfortunately.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
it sounds like his closest connections are on philly, not in Dallas and there is the philly - indy connection too. I would bet the farm hes gonig to philly at this point unfortunately.
Who are his closest connections?

I couldve sworn Gilmore was talking to him about joining the team

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
With money right now being mostly equal the decision will come down to best chance to win and best chance to earn more playing to get him a new deal next offseason.

Obviously want him here and hope he comes but both teams are great choices for the player from his perspective

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Stephen and Jerry bought him lunch at whataburger and offered him a box of twinkies. So they did make a fair offer

phildadon86

Reaction score
Stop it. His closest connections? Him and Sirianni? They have kept in touch over the years. According to Sirianni. That probably means a check in once a year. He has more connections in Dallas than Philly. DQ (Gus bradley) Gilmore an ex teammate. Etc.

Jipper

Reaction score
Stop it. His closest connections? Him and Sirianni? They have kept in touch over the years. According to Sirianni. That probably means a check in once a year. He has more connections in Dallas than Philly. DQ (Gus bradley) Gilmore an ex teammate. Etc.
no, actually when i was listening to the fan this am (which i doubt you were) they were listing out one of the guys on philly that apparently he is very close to and does 5am offseason workouts daily. I forget who but they mentioned that while he does have a few "friends" on dallas, he has training partners on Philly. They were also stating that this was going to be an uphill climb bc of that element.

***looked it up - training partner is Devonta Smith - they train together down in FL

Carson

Reaction score

Somebody was arguing all day yesterday that Cunningham would play this week smh