Twitter: Archer: Keep an eye on Bobby Johnson for new TE Coach

Aven8

Reaction score
You don't get it do You? They both have the same philosophy....lol

No, you don't. Linny isn't all world but this isn't his offense. This is a version, but is clearly JG's offense we've been running. Go look at the tape from Detroit and the Rams. We are not running his offense.

visionary

Reaction score
Oh my God... if Garrett actually does get fired and Linehan is the one that takes over?
I just... I don't... I just don't know if I can take that.
For real. I don't know if I could take that. That might kick me for good. And when I say "might" I mean it's nearly a certainty.

I'll have to walk away for a good long while.

He
Could
Go
All
The
Way

Dre11

Reaction score
No, you don't. Linny isn't all world but this isn't his offense. This is a version, but is clearly JG's offense we've been running. Go look at the tape from Detroit and the Rams. We are not running his offense.

You just make sh up don't you.....lol

“We’re excited about Scott Linehan,” Garrett said at his press conference. “He and I worked together with the Dolphins, he was the coordinator and I was the quarterbacks coach. My first exposure to coaching was under him and he and I have very similar philosophies about offensive football and how we do things.”

https://www.nbcdfw.com/blogs/blue-s...arretts-Job-is-to-Coach-Less---252850531.html

10) What changes with Scott Linehan as the play-caller?

Rowan Kavner: Don’t expect to see an entirely different offense, but there should be some nuances unique to Linehan, who knows what it’s like to have a star receiver. That should help out with Dez Bryant, who’s already talked about moving around more in formations. I think Linehan will vary looks for defenses, moving players into spots we haven’t seen them much before. That goes for receivers and running backs, who could end up lining up as receivers. That could help out Lance Dunbar, who should be able to thrive with Linehan. The play-caller did a good job last year of utilizing Joique Bell, Reggie Bush’s backup, who had talent and got to use it despite being behind the star. I expect the same for Dunbar. Linehan should find creative ways to get his playmakers more involved. There shouldn’t be games where Bryant gets only a couple targets, and the Cowboys need to do a better job sticking with what’s working.

David Helman: Probably not a lot, when you consider Linehan’s close relationship with Jason Garrett and their similarities in scheme. People love to harp on Linehan being pass-happy, but I think that’s more of a byproduct of him working with the league’s best receiver in Calvin Johnson and a quarterback with a rocket arm in Matt Stafford. I think Linehan knows how to get the ball to his most dangerous weapons, as evidenced by Johnson’s fantastic success during the past few years. Not to mention, in Linehan’s only year of working with Reggie Bush, the speedster logged a 1,000-yard rushing season and a 54-catch, 500-yard receiving season. My main expectation for Linehan is that he’s not going to lose sight of his top playmakers, as was often the case for Dez Bryant and DeMarco Murray.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2014/07/08/10-what-changes-scott-linehan-play-caller

Last edited:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It appears that Linehan has gained power within the organization. I think Jerry is giving him full control of the offense now.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going back to the Detroit coaching tree baby! Matt Millen is next. Gotta get him in that front office and we are back !

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
no way its Linehan.
in the event of a JJ/JG divorce...JJ goes back to what has produced 3SBs...a college coach with no nfl xperience who won a national title.

And got too much credit for Jerry's liking, so don't count on it.

Besides, Swinney will take over at Bama when Saban is done. Urban likes to run his QB 20 times a game - not exactly NFL ball. Stoops is an outside possibility since he's taking a break from coaching - his choice - and may be intrigued by an NFL opportunity.

Rayman70

Reaction score
When JG gets fired,Richard will be the next HC. Then you may see Leon Lett elevated to his old position. Linehan has to get it right this year or he's gone.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
When JG gets fired,Richard will be the next HC. Then you may see Leon Lett elevated to his old position. Linehan has to get it right this year or he's gone.
Wait, you would actually like Leon Lett as the secondary/passing game coordinator?

mmohican29

Reaction score
I played Babe Ruth baseball with Brian Angelichio (Packers TE Coach) in upstate NY and against his teams in Little League... should I reach out to him for our inept FO?

rockj7

Reaction score
no way its Linehan.
in the event of a JJ/JG divorce...JJ goes back to what has produced 3SBs...a college coach with no nfl xperience who won a national title.
°Bob Stoops,Ou(retired)
°Urban Meyer,Ohio St
°Dabo Sweeney,Clemson

Urban come on down

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lenihan was given the job to develop a offense based on short horizontal routes and which Romo could operate well not endangering his back.
It worked flawlessly Dez was running crossing routes along with everybody else killing defenses underneath and then RAC was amazing.
Romo and Dez continued developing the offense by working on back shoulder throws endlessly after practice and Dez developed his deep jump ball, it was Unstoppable.
The defenses finally adjusted and began moving people up taking away the short stuff and doubling Dez
In 2015 defenses had totally adjusted and those short routes ended up being tackled on the spot for a three or four yard gain.
This is both Garretts and linehans base offense it can be effective but you must have receivers that can get open early which we are lacking at the moment.
If we're going to keep the same receiving Corps we have to go back to 2016 and create Miss Direction, play action, and using the entire field combined with play calling that keeps defenses guessing like it did in 2016.

The question is can Garrett and Linehan swallow their pride and use an offense that isn't there original philosophy
Drafting Ridley wouldn't hurt either:)

stay tuned we'll find out.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Everyone book your flight tickets now for the February 3rd Super Bowl in Atlanta because the Cowboys are definitely Super Bowl LIII bound after this hire.