Archer: Playing time same vs Seahawks as Jaguars

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The problem for us as fans with preseason games is we think we're watching football but what we're really watching is what the coaches want to look at. They can run one play just to get a look at how one specific player responds.
You would have a stronger point if what the Cowboys do is common. It is not common as seen by looking at how any other team manages the preseason. I'll toss out the other outlier which is the Ravens franchise who go out of their way to win preseason games.

The Cowboys are 1-4 in their last 5 season openers.

Clearly there is a problem here that has strong indicators of starters having to use a legit game as a tune up game because they didn't get enough work in the preseason.

McMicah

Reaction score
I hope I’m not wrong, but I don’t think Dak will be rusty game 1 because of this new offense. I think MM will choose a game plan that gives Dak a lot of quick dumps to get him in a rhythm early. I think a slow start was something we struggled with a lot last year. Dak is kinda like a diesel, you need to warm him up for him to get going. I think MM recognizes that and is making easy plays to build confidence early

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Is this where we bring out the numbers of our 90's Super Bowl Teams rarely winning a Preseason Game, and the 1-15 team winning all of them? :grin:

I used to hate hearing that when we were a bad team after the dynasty years. Team was so miserable I felt they needed anything to give us hope.

But finally have a team with enough depth and consistent winning seasons where I can see the point of it all again.
Cowboys Preseason Records During the Dynasty (1992-1995)
1992: 2-3
1993: 1-3-1
1994: 2-3
1995: 2-3

Close enough to call the average at 2-3, so it wasn't like they rarely won in preseason.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
MM has repeatedly said that he only needs practice to get his players ready for the season. We are not likely ever going to see the starters nor the injury risk that would entail in the preseason. The young players that need to develop and the players battling for a spot are the ones who play.

exciter

Reaction score
Hopefully Luepke gets more this game. I really want to see what he has.
What’s the weird obsession with the archaic position of a FB? Don’t see much use in keeping a position that at best might average 3-4 offensive snaps a game. Need an extra blocker, play 12 personnel like a modern offense and don’t limit your offensive!

Flamma

Reaction score
As the Giants starters fine tune in game action, our guys sit. Looking like a loss in week 1.
Then they put all backup offensive linemen into the game and say the backup QBs suck. Yeah, so would Dak with backup OL.

shabazz

Reaction score
The thing here is that there is no right or wrong answer and every teams fan base has different opinions on this

If I was on a Chiefs forum I would be saying, “ are these people crazy for playing Mahomes an ENTIRE half”

for me 2-3 series would be sufficient, but as I’ve posted before , I have to trust that future HOF coach Reid knows what’s best for future HOF Qb Mahome-slice

Qcard

Reaction score
Coaches don't show their play calling tendencies in preseason.
Who said DNA and tendencies are the same thing...

You might have the same DNA but Dak Haters have different tendencies..

Run along and ascribe your definitions somewhere else Dak Hater :lmao2: :lmao2:

erod

Reaction score
Who said DNA and tendencies are the same thing...

You might have the same DNA but Dak Haters have different tendencies..

Run along and ascribe your definitions somewhere else Dak Hater :lmao2: :lmao2:
Huh? One day you'll post something that makes sense. Or maybe not.

Qcard

Reaction score
Huh? One day you'll post something that makes sense. Or maybe not.
I hope I never make sense to Dak Haters!! I hope I never think like them either.....Not my DNA :laugh: