Twitter: Archer: Quinn is the favorite for DC

Carson

Reaction score
One fact and something to chew on...Marvin Lewis drafted Andy Dalton if I am not mistaken and the 2 have a mutual respect for each other. Could HE be the hire on D and might that relationship help sway Dalton to stay on another 1 year deal?

Dalton wants to play. He’s likely not coming back here

quickccc

Reaction score
I still want Marvin Lewis

27 years of NFL experience and being co-DC in college-- the Sun Devils finished with the top-ranked scoring defense in the Pac-12 at 23.2 points per game and tied Utah for the most turnovers forced with 13 despite playing just four games. They also ranked among the top four teams in the league for interceptions (five) and pass defense efficiency.

and why did Marvin had to share the role of Co- DC of the Sun devils instead of clearly being THE guy as DC there ?
..and its' a whole new world and different animal with Pac 12 vs NFL ...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dalton wants to play. He’s likely not coming back here
Your likely right, but SOMETIMES a guy will stick around if the situation feels right.I think him staying hinges on what we do in the coming days with staff.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Nolan from what I can read never really had an entire excellent season, just parts of some. Quinn seems to have had more consistent good work.

In any case hard to see how Quinn couldn't do better than Nolan this year. Cowboys have to get better, I'll take what I can get, if the offense picks up we won't need a top-5 defense, top 10 could be good enough...

Carson

Reaction score
Your likely right, but SOMETIMES a guy will stick around if the situation feels right.I think him staying hinges on what we do in the coming days with staff.

I disagree my friend. I know nothing, just my two cents lmao

Only way Dalton comes back, is if he has zero market and the season is about to begin. Similar to last season.

He can land a nice deal somewhere like Washington, Jacksonville as a one year starter.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I've read some reviews about Dan Quinn in the past and most of them were quite favorable. He has a knack for getting the players on his side and getting the most out of them. As a defensive coordinator, that's a bit step in his favor. It's always another big deal, getting them to buy into the system that a DC employs. I'll be keeping a eye out and an ear tuned, to see how that part of the process proceeds. I'm hopeful that things should go considerably better than they did with Nolan. I think he's the candidate with the best history, thus far. It'd likely be wise to give him a kind reception if he's hired.

Last edited:

quickccc

Reaction score
i'm sure we'll have those talking about Kris Richard 2.0 version .. but that would be inaccuate as Richard could never invoke full control of the defense with the likes of Marinelli and LB coach Ben Bloom around ... Team refused to let Richard bring in his own LB coach ,and he had to work under Marinelli who was still entitled as the DC here.

Here's hoping Dan Quinn is allowed by the team to bring in his own hand picked posiition asst coaches. - something Richard could not do

75boyz

Reaction score
An improvement over Nolan? Yes.

But hopefully he's gonna include at least "competent" level run defense and not just another Marinelli part II.

I'll wait and see on this one.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
and why did Marvin had to share the role of Co- DC of the Sun devils instead of clearly being THE guy as DC there ?
..and its' a whole new world and different animal with Pac 12 vs NFL ...

Can't really find any info on that other than he was hired as a special assistant and then 'promoted' to Co-DC.

As for the PAC-12 and NFL being different animals, yeah understood. But like I said, he has 27 years of NFL experience as well.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If we hire Quinn, it’s going to be a repeat of last year. On and off Offense with a terrible defense and average special teams. What a joke. Hopefully that will mark the end of McCarthy.