Archer: Sam LaPorta was the top TE on Cowboys board

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I never heard of Mazi before. I told you, I don’t do mocks. What do I, or any of us, know about these players and if they’ll become good or great or a bust. Nothing. It’s why you were so wrong about Wentz and he became a bust.
This is so silly. How long ago was Wentz? How many players is that?

C'mon, man. You can do better than a knucklehead.

MikeB80

Reaction score
if anyone understands Jerry, if we truly wanted Kincaid, he would have traded up and overpaid for him during the draft. When he wants something, he goes and gets it, even if its wrong. See Mo Claiborne. The Kincaid narrative is funny because we never were in on taking him at 26, or La porta. We were enamored all along with finding a stud DT and from the jump, we were in on Mazi Smith. The fall back if he was gone was Bergeron, as we would have started him day 1 at LG. I always thought it was Mazi or Avila at 26..but word is it was Mazi AND Bergeron. So we had a plan.Buffalo overreacted and drafted a guy that wont do much year 1. Its a high price to pay to be wrong.
I will take that bet. Kincaid won't do much and the bills over payed?

Where do I sign up for this kind of easy money. Kincaid in that offense with Allen is primed to have a great season. I guess I will check back on this in a few months.

Beaker42

Reaction score
LaPorta at 1 for TE’s? That’s concerning. IMO he was 4th best.

lk8701

Reaction score
3:15 mark of the video. LaPorta, Kincaid, Mayer. In that order.

Also at 6:30 he says Aidan O'Connell was a consideration in the 4th round with the pick they used on Fehoko.

They got it right!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Could've had him in the late 1st round.
He's the next Kelce.

Beaker42

Reaction score
He is the best
Yeah, to be honest, he’s been a better pro than he was at Iowa. He’s definitely better than Schoonmaker in the receiving dept but he’s not near the blocker Skoon or Mayer are. Musgrave and Kincaid are with him in the receiving dept.