Twitter: Archer's six-years contract proposal for Dak

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With or without Dak, the ongoing results that we'll derive from the leadership that this FO offers won't be anything to get excited about.
Probably not . And why it baffles me fans think letting Dak go is going to dramatically increase our potential of more success.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Probably not . And why it baffles me fans think letting Dak go is going to dramatically increase our potential of more success.

I'm not in favor of letting him go any more than I'm in favor of giving him what he wants. Hopefully, he'll settle for something reasonable but it really appears that's not in the cards, by the looks of things. Perhaps a chill pill or a stiff drink will improve my attitude today?! Sure hope so. ;) The FO has really painted themselves into a corner. It's disconcerting.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not in favor of letting him go any more than I'm in favor of giving him what he wants. Hopefully, he'll settle for something reasonable but it really appears that's not in the cards, by the looks of things. Perhaps a chill pill or a stiff drink will improve my attitude today?! Sure hope so. ;) The FO has really painted themselves into a corner. It's disconcerting.
I hear ya. But let’s assume our differential in paying Dak is 3-5 million a year. What confidence do we have that this dysfunctional organization will utilize those savings on this team more than going ahead without Dak.

3-5 million on a 180 million Cap is small potatoes IMO.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I hear ya. But let’s assume our differential in paying Dak is 3-5 million a year. What confidence do we have that this dysfunctional organization will utilize those savings on this team more than going ahead without Dak.

3-5 million on a 180 million Cap is small potatoes IMO.

True enough, although, 3-5 mil might go a long way to getting the DT we need to slow the barrage of RBs overcoming our DL. Let's hope things work out swimmingly with those 10 picks we'll get in the draft. Will McClay will have his work cut out for him to resolve our defensive woes. Until then, I'll likely be contenting myself with being "entertained" again this year. That seems a doable goal for an old, frustrated fan like myself. o_O

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True enough, although, 3-5 mil might go a long way to getting the DT we need to slow the barrage of RBs overcoming our DL. Let's hope things work out swimmingly with those 10 picks we'll get in the draft. Will McClay will have his work cut out for him to resolve our defensive woes. Until then, I'll likely be contenting myself with being "entertained" again this year. That seems a doable goal for an old, frustrated fan like myself. o_O
Without Dak we are much further away than not having a 3-5 million a year DT we might or might not could find. But I hear ya.

I’m all for saving the money if we can . But not to cut off our nose to spite our face.