Archive this Name

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
He is 6-2 - might pull off QB

I live town over from him and caught him live in high school. He's a very, very gifted runner. Donnan on ESPN2 was very impressed with him in post game - missed it on the deuce....

jay cee

Reaction score
Nors said:
He is 6-2 - might pull off QB

I live town over from him and caught him live in high school. He's a very, very gifted runner. Donnan on ESPN2 was very impressed with him in post game - missed it on the deuce....
Looks like he is dominating his competition. If he has any type of arm strength, I think he will probably be high on the NFL radar by the time he becomes a senior.

Steve McNair was a 1st round pick out of Div. 1-AA Alcorn, because he dominated his competition, plus had the necessary measurables like size, speed and arm strength.

It looks like it also may be possible for this kid.

Naruto

Reaction score
Nealy had an equally impressive performance in his first playoff game as well with 400 yards passing and 126 yards rushing with 5 TD's(4 passing). And there's no questioning his size as he's measured at 6-5 230.

A NH/ Texas State matchup is looming on the horizon if Tx. State can beat Cal Poly.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Cal Poly has a DE/DT that is a monster. Chris Gocong. Only 6-2/265 and runs 4.75.

Don't know if he has an NFL position.

87 tackles, 28 TFL's, 22 sacks.

71, 21.5, 17.5 last year.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Nors said:
Texas State? Not familiar with them. Some good football played here. Usually guys academically short or don't fit the big programs size needs....

Santo's - a tad short but to put up 56 Td's mid 2nd season is impressive. He's such an athlete he may have a NFL future at WR/RB...if not QB.

You may know them by their old name: Southwest Texas State University...

or maybe not... ;)

jay cee

Reaction score
trickblue said:

or maybe not... ;)
They were Southwest Texas when I played against them while attending Texas Southern, the original TSU here in Texas.

joseephuss

Reaction score
trickblue said:

or maybe not... ;)

Maybe anyone of these names:

* Southwest Texas State Normal College (1903–1923)
* Southwest Texas State Teachers College (1923–1959)
* Southwest Texas State College (1959–1969)
* Southwest Texas State University (1969–2003)
* Texas State University–San Marcos (Since 2003)

LBJ went there.

Naruto

Reaction score
Franchione also coached here during the early 90's.

We've got 2 NFL prospects

DT Fred Evans and QB Nealy

I saw the stats on that DE. Amazing stuff I think he had 17.5 last year so it's no fluke.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
November 29. 2005 8:00AM

University of New Hampshire quarterback Ricky Santos, the 2005 Atlantic 10 Offensive Player of the Year, has been named one of three finalists for the Walter Payton Award, presented to the nation's most outstanding player in Division I-AA.

Santos, a sophomore, is joined by Brown senior running back Nick Hartigan, the Ivy League Player of the Year, and senior quarterback Erik Meyer of Eastern Washington.

The voting is based on regular season performance, during which time Santos led the Atlantic 10 in five offensive categories, including passing yards (3,200) and touchdown passes (33). A five-time A-10 Offensive Player of the Week selection, the Bellingham, Mass., native is the first sophomore to earn Atlantic 10 Offensive Player of the Year honors since former UNH running back Jerry Azumah in 1996, who won the Payton Award in 1998.

UNH wide receiver David Ball finished seventh in the voting.​

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Wow - Final 3

If he can rally UNH in the playoffs his stock should have him in it to win the Payton.

Didn't Romo win that?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
10 Questions for Ricky Santos
By: Mark Daniels
Issue date: 9/13/05 Section: News
Article Tools: Page 1 of 1

And imagine that at the start of the 2004 season Ricky Santos was the fourth-string quarterback. He very quickly moved up in the ranks to have one of the most dominating seasons that Wildcat nation has ever seen. As a freshman Santos set the UNH record for touchdown passes in a season with 31, the mark for passing yards with 3,318, and the record for the best completion percentage in a single season.

Santos was also a Walter Payton Award finalist, named ECAC Rookie of the Year, the Atlantic 10 Rookie of the Year, and Second Team All-Atlantic 10.

1. Do you have any pre-game rituals or superstitions?

I'm not really that superstitious of a guy so I guess I don't have any superstitions but I do like to get the guys all fired up. Kind of walking around getting in people's faces and getting them ready to go out for battle.

2. What are your personal goals for this season?

My first goal is to win the Atlantic 10 and then a National Championship. I don't care if I throw for five touchdowns or not one. I just love to win and that's what I'm all about. I will do whatever the team needs me to do to win. Another goal I have is to end up as a finalist for the Walter Payton award. It's like the Heisman for I-AA football. Also it is a goal to be an All-American by the end of the year, but like I said it's all about winning.

3. What are your long-term football goals?

I would love to end playing professional football somewhere. Whether in the NFL, the Canadian Football League or maybe even in Europe, but right now I still have three more years, including this one, at UNH so I'm just going to worry about that. I still have plenty of football to play here before I need to think about anything after.

4. What is your dream job out of college?

My dream job would have to be an NFL talent scout. I would be able to travel all over the globe and watch the game I love for a profession, I don't see it getting to be much better than that.

5. This summer, how did you prepare for the upcoming football season?

I stayed up here in Durham along with 60 other kids all summer long. We lifted 4 days a week and ran twice a week. I feel this is such a huge part of the reason why were so successful last year, because of the dedication our players are having over the summer months when it is not mandatory to be here.

6. Which game on the schedule are you looking forward to the most?

I have to say I've circled Oct 29 on my calendar, which is the date we play U-Mass. First of all I don't like them very much because they gave me no love in the recruiting process and I'm from Massachusetts and second and more importantly I had my worst game last year against them and we ended up losing that game.

7. With high expectations coming into this season, can you see a difference with the team's attitude compared to the seasons past?

Yeah, I definitely see a different attitude in the locker room and on the playing field this year. Everybody knows what we have riding on every game this year so I think there is an overall increase in focus level. Everybody has a little extra bounce in their step because of the national recognition we have been getting.

8. The team had a great recruiting class for this year, how have some of the incoming freshmen looked?

They have looked real good, two in general that have stood in my mind. Matt O'Brien who plays running back has really played great so far and has made the travel squad, which is impressive for a freshman. On the defense side of the ball, John Clements who plays cornerback for us has also looked sharp and because of his play he also has made the travel squad. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw either of those getting reps in some games.

9. Who on the team is the team leader? What do they do for the team?

We have a lot of good leaders on the team but I feel our captain John McCoy probably does the most for the team. He gives the team prayers to us before games and is always there for players if they have problems and need someone to talk to.

10. Who is the team clown? What do they do for the team?

The team clown would have to be Will Morey; he is hands-down the funniest kid on the team and I laugh every time we have a conversation. He is great. If, say, a player is upset because of coaches or whatever, he will definitely be able to put a smile on that person's face.

jay cee

Reaction score
The kid does a pretty good job on his interviews too. If no NFL team gives him a look, I would not be surprised to see him tear the CFL to shreds.

But with the numbers he is already putting up, I don't see the NFL not inviting him to the combine after his last season.

Naruto

Reaction score
Just got back from the Tx. State game.

Nealy was very mediocre in the game with 2 picks but completed the passes when they counted the most. His two picks were pretty goofy. He scrambled to the sidelines on one and tried to throw it out of bounds. Unfortunatley he only threw it 2-3 feet to the right of the sideline which wasn't far enough becuase the DB came over and picked it. The second was on a 3rd and long long ball that was more a punt then anything. He had a nice scramble for a TD and completed a pass on 4th and 8 with a minute left to seal the game.

Thanks to Notrthern Iowa for taking out NH. I don't think our boys could handle that cold weather. It was 86 degrees out there and it's friggin December. They'll host N. Iowa on Friday at 7.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Its very cold, winterly and windy In New England now.

Snow and the like may play tomorrow in Giants game....

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
no one cares. Go away. stop spamming the boards with crap.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
DrewHensonSoonerNotLater said:
no one cares. Go away. stop spamming the boards with crap.

NO
you go away peckerhead

There are a few that are tracking Santos and the 1-AA playoffs in this thread.

You don't like it go jump in a lake.