Archuletta Trucked By Marion "The Barbarian" Barber

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1675374 said:
The weird thing is before Archuleta was a Commander, it was touted he could bench press 500 lbs. Yet he's gotten owned both last year and this year. If he can really bench 500 he should be able to take down a 220 lb RB

While that would indeed be very impressive for a man Archuleta's size, the ability to bench twice your body weight has little impact on your ability to tackle and make hits. Leg strength, body mass, momentum, acceleration, deceleration, and your ability to take correct angles and wrap up have a much greater impact IMO. Yet, you can have all the measurables in spades, but if you're lacking in ability...this is what happens.

In both of these cases, it appears Archuleta was decelerating to avoid missing Barber alltogether...not a smart move unless you're willing to get trucked.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Manster74;1674989 said:
Wow, how many time can one defensive guy get lit up in one game. That's too funny !!!

Man... He got trucked by Hurd, trucked by the Barbarian.. and got embarrassed a couple of extra times. I seem to remember him getting caught by McQuistan too. I'm sure this is a game he wants to forget fast.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1675457 said:
Man... He got trucked by Hurd, trucked by the Barbarian.. and got embarrassed a couple of extra times. I seem to remember him getting caught by McQuistan too. I'm sure this is a game he wants to forget fast.

He also got beat on the Witten touchdown. :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Smaller guys can blindside bigger players - happens all the time. I was an average sized WR and we had a few sweep run plays that called on me to crack back on bigger DE's. Every once in a while their head not on a swivel running lateral to get back would get a rude blindside hit.

Archuletta was pawned last week....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1675457 said:
We need a gif of AA getting caught by McQ. ;)

And LOL at the Skins fan who thinks bench pressing means anything in this case.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1675457 said:
owens also bounced of a hit from him

kmd24

Reaction score
tomson75;1675112 said:
I'm almost positive that pic is from the play mentioned above at the 3:48 mark in the 3rd quarter. If that's a 2 on the jersey in the backround (as in #52)...there's no doubt. It was a short pass to Barber where Archuleta barely got enough of Barber to get him out of bounds. Arch ended up on his arse while Barber continued to trot down the sideline. From the pic, it looks like Barber got the best of him on both plays.

Yeah, that's the play. The angle in the picture is down the sideline (see the coach in the background).