Archuletta Trucked By Marion "The Barbarian" Barber

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nors;1674025 said:
Actually when Earl Campbell and MB3 hit a defender, they just bounce off them.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Barber is a solid back and has/will make defenders look stupid trying to tackle him, but the comparison between him and Campbell stops right there.

Campbell was a once-in-a-generation running back and when he hit a defender, they were lucky that they weren't carted off to a nearby hospital for treatment. Let's give MBIII all the props due to him, but let's not stretch the truth, 'kay?

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1673981 said:
Are you sure? He looks off balance like Archuleta is in the process of bringing him down in this picture.

Yeah I'm sure this play ended with MBIII running thru the endzone while spiking the ball, Oh and Archuleta getting a broken hand.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
I still think you guys must be thinking about another play. On this picture, Barber is going down and Archuleta is in the process of wrapping him up.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1674593 said:
I still think you guys must be thinking about another play. On this picture, Barber is going down and Archuleta is in the process of wrapping him up.

:laugh2:

You are in complete denial... or you are simply guessing.

Rackat

Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1674593 said:
Please go the cowboyszone Personnel Department and ask for your reassignment form. It is form ID10T.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1673981 said:
Are you sure? He looks off balance like Archuleta is in the process of bringing him down in this picture.

In case you are serious which i do not think you are.

Here is how that run turned out for archuletta

http://i194.***BLOCKED***/albums/z238/tek2002/Barber-vs-Arch.gif

Manster74

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1674950 said:
In case you are serious which i do not think you are.

Here is how that run turned out for archuletta

http://i194.***BLOCKED***/albums/z238/tek2002/Barber-vs-Arch.gif
and that, my friend, is conclusive video evidence.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
superpunk;1674954 said:
That's the wrong play, BigD.

Seriously? Cause they look the exact same LOL. Barber smacking AA and him falling down

superpunk

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1674960 said:
Seriously? Cause they look the exact same LOL. Barber smacking AA and him falling down

I think it happened a couple times. On tht one, it doesn't look like AA's chin strap ever moves.

Maybe it is the same, tho.

Manster74

Reaction score
Wow, how many time can one defensive guy get lit up in one game. That's too funny !!!

kmd24

Reaction score
superpunk;1674985 said:
I think it happened a couple times. On tht one, it doesn't look like AA's chin strap ever moves.

Maybe it is the same, tho.

It appears to me that you were right. It's not the same play. In the animated GIF, AA's left hand is never in the same position near MBIII's left shoulder pad like it is in the picture.

Which is perhaps even funnier.

Manster74

Reaction score
After looking closely at the pic, it's definately not the same. Now the question is when did it happen ???

wileedog

Reaction score
kmd24;1675006 said:
It appears to me that you were right. It's not the same play. In the animated GIF, AA's left hand is never in the same position near MBIII's left shoulder pad like it is in the picture.

Which is perhaps even funnier.

If you look at the original photo there is another Bear player right behind Arch.

In the animated gif there is not.

So yes, he blew him up at least twice :)

joseephuss

Reaction score
Archuleta only tackled Barber twice in the game. One where he forced Barber out of bounds at the 3:48 mark in the 3rd quarter after a 5 yard gain. The second Barber ran at the right end for a 3 yard gain at the 8:53 mark of the 4th quarter. I don't know if that picture is either one of those plays. It certainly does not look like Archuleta is doing much and getting ready to wrap up. With the way his helmet and body is positioned it looks as if Archuleta is getting ready to end up on his back side and hoping that Barber falls down.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
I'm almost positive that pic is from the play mentioned above at the 3:48 mark in the 3rd quarter. If that's a 2 on the jersey in the backround (as in #52)...there's no doubt. It was a short pass to Barber where Archuleta barely got enough of Barber to get him out of bounds. Arch ended up on his arse while Barber continued to trot down the sideline. From the pic, it looks like Barber got the best of him on both plays.

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
wileedog;1675013 said:
If you look at the original photo there is another Bear player right behind Arch.

In the animated gif there is not.

So yes, he blew him up at least twice :)

The weird thing is before Archuleta was a Commander, it was touted he could bench press 500 lbs. Yet he's gotten owned both last year and this year. If he can really bench 500 he should be able to take down a 220 lb RB