Archuletta Trucked By Marion "The Barbarian" Barber

adamknite

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1673106 said:
MB3_Crushing_Archuleta.jpg

Marion "The Barbarian" Barber is most elusive when reporters approach his locker. The guy is just painfully shy.

But Barber's punishing running style speaks for itself. Reader Carl read somewhere that Marion The Barbarian ought to have old-school Batman sound effects when he runs the ball.

Carl made good use of some free time by creating this visual Barber tribute, enhanching North Texas alum/SportsDay superstar photographer Vernon Bryant's excellent shot of The Barbarian blasting Adam Archuleta.

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 10:11 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

:lmao2: That's freakin great.

Manster74

Reaction score
TheCount;1673130 said:
He's had the nickname MB3 forever.

I understand that, but I had not heard of anyone making the play on words with an MP3 player. I think he said something like "the cowboys were playing their MB3 player".

joseephuss

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1673116 said:
I think I like the nickname "Barbarossa" better.

As long as it is not Barbarella.

Is Barber wearing a new type of jersey that has buttons that attached to the shoulder pads along his chest or is the jersey just pulled very tight in that area? It looked different in the shot of him on his long run. It also appeared as if Reggie Bush was wearing a similar style on MNF. I had not heard anything about it. Look at the shot where AA is on the ground and you can see a dimple look in MB3's jersey.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HogsRLegends;1672849 said:
Looks like he's bringing Barber down single-handedly to me.

Weird. A Redsk*ns fan overrating Adam Archuleta.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1672849 said:
Looks like he's bringing Barber down single-handedly to me.

LOL - Dude - Go AWAY. Omg - you are just here to start crap.

Seriously - don't post. Go back and show Art how to keep ES online after a loss by the Commanders. ;)

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1672856 said:
You might want to watch the replay, Barber going down is not how this play ended.

Are you sure? He looks off balance like Archuleta is in the process of bringing him down in this picture.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HogsRLegends;1673981 said:
Are you sure? He looks off balance like Archuleta is in the process of bringing him down in this picture.
Yes, we're sure.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

You're looking at it as if Arch is pulling him towards him and down to the ground. That isn't how it unfolded. Barber leaned into him and lowered his head as he was turning the corner towards the endzone. The picture was snapped at the split second after Barber made impact with Arch. Arch is bouncing off of Marion as he walked into the endzone, upright.

I can't remember which of Barbers touchdowns that is.

See, not all runners go down with the slightest contact inside the 5 yard line. :D

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1673989 said:
Archuletta and Roy Williams need to go back to fundamentals 101...:laugh2:

Actually when Earl Campbell and MB3 hit a defender, they just bounce off them.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score

On second thought, I think you might be right.

I think he tackled Barber and Barber didn't score a touchdown, and Dallas went on to lose to Chicago and Rex Grossman was named the FedEx Air player of the week.

And while we're at it... I also think that Joe Gibbs isn't senile and hasn't lost it and when his game came down to the clutch final goal line plays, he had his best running back in the backfield and he gave it to him and he ran into the endzone and his team beat the Giants.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Danny White;1674048 said:
On second thought, I think you might be right.

I think he tackled Barber and Barber didn't score a touchdown, and Dallas went on to lose to Chicago and Rex Grossman was named the FedEx Air player of the week.

And while we're at it... I also think that Joe Gibbs isn't senile and hasn't lost it and when his game came down to the clutch final goal line plays, he had his best running back in the backfield and he gave it to him and he ran into the endzone and his team beat the Giants.

Nice.:laugh2: