Are Cowboys ready to win a superbowl?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I was trying to copy a link as to what Stephen A.said this morning. They asked him if Dallas had a chance to win the superbowl this year. His reply was no. He went on to say that they had definitely made some improvements on the defensive side of the ball. Anyway he says Dak will not get them over the hump. I have to agree. Stephen A. doesn't think Dak is the guy anymore.
Not unless they get more consistent QB
Play.
You have to play well against several good teams in a row in the playoffs to get to the SB.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Not with Dak.
Wins in the playoffs generally come down to critical plays, especially in tightly contested games.
Dak panics too often in such games.
I don't think you can teach calm under pressure. Either you have it or you don't.
When I watched Aikman, Staubach, Brady, Mahomes ... you just know more times than not they're going to come through for their teams.
When it comes down to a tight game involving Dak (I'm talking playoffs), my reaction is, "Well, we had a good season."
Great insight!
He just does not seem to have the IT factor.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Super Bowl? No

Drafting a QB in 2024? Yes

Then we'll be on the road.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you believe that you’re following the wrong sport. Rush isn’t close to being as good as Dak which is why no one else signed him.
Rush is not a NFL starter, neither is Dak unless you work for Jerald

tyke1doe

Reaction score
We will see. It will be interesting to see what McCarthy can do with the offense.
I was happy when he was hired because I thought he would bring his offensive "genius" with him.
Then, Jerry Jones IMMEDIATELY neuters him by forcing Kellen "Three passes and a cloud of punts" Moore on him.
We basically wasted three years letting a teenager test drive a Maserati and wreck it in the process.
Let's see if McCarthy turns out to be a Jeff Gordon.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Great insight!
He just does not seem to have the IT factor.
I'm still rooting for the guy. I have to. He's the Cowboys quarterback, and I want the Cowboys to win.
But he doesn't inspire confidence. And I'm burned out on regular season success.
It's funny because when he plays lights out in the regular season or against an overmatched opponent (cough, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, cough, cough), many on this board will return beating their chest saying, "Where are all the Dak haters? Can't you see he's one of the top quarterbacks in the league? He can lead us to a Super Bowl!"
But it's like a ticking time bomb. You can't judge the situation by the minutes left on the clock.
There's a "boom" coming if you don't disarm it. There's going to be a final second with Dak and a disappointing season ending for the Cowboys.
You just have to wait for it.
My hope is he either disarms it himself (unlikely give 7 seasons of evidence but hopefully given his desire to do better and put in the work) or the bomb squad (in the form of an elite defense and cleaver coaching) arrives just in time to defuse it.

rambo2

Reaction score
Only on Fantasy Island.

The Cowboys are no closer to a Super Bowl than they were when they scored 12 points versus San Francisco. The weaknesses are still there.
The 49ers beat them by 1 touchdown. The Cowboys were 1 win away from going to the NFC championship.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rush is not a NFL starter, neither is Dak unless you work for Jerald
If you don’t think Dak is an NFL starter then you might want to follow another sport because football isn’t for you.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm still rooting for the guy. I have to. He's the Cowboys quarterback, and I want the Cowboys to win.
But he doesn't inspire confidence. And I'm burned out on regular season success.
It's funny because when he plays lights out in the regular season or against an overmatched opponent (cough, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, cough, cough), many on this board will return beating their chest saying, "Where are all the Dak haters? Can't you see he's one of the top quarterbacks in the league? He can lead us to a Super Bowl!"
But it's like a ticking time bomb. You can't judge the situation by the minutes left on the clock.
There's a "boom" coming if you don't disarm it. There's going to be a final second with Dak and a disappointing season ending for the Cowboys.
My hope is he either disarms it himself (unlikely give 7 seasons of evidence but hopefully given his desire to do better and put in the work) or the bomb squad (in the form of an elite defense and cleaver coaching) arrives just in time to defuse it.
Outstanding post.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I feel the same way..
I want him to do well.
He just has not shown he can be a finisher when it counts in the playoffs.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you don’t think Dak is an NFL starter then you might want to follow another sport because football isn’t for you.
Inaccurate QBs who struggle to read and hold the football aren't for me.
But Dak will be fine this year right!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Inaccurate QBs who struggle to read and hold the football aren't for me.
But Dak will be fine this year right!
Then go find another one who will lead us to back to back 12 win seasons and a playoff win on the road for the first time in 30 years against a Hall of Fame QB. If you think it’s so easy finding a better QB than him start naming them. :thumbup:Some of you want us to end up like Washington.