Are Dak's Problems Mostly Mental or Physical?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Luv ya, but how did he play vs. better competition.Not good!!!!
what you did there is called what aboutism....you knocked NFCE, but NFCE was by far not the worst conference and had 2 playoff teams....

I never said, we didn't play good/bad against other teams not in NFCE, but its just that NFCE is not as bad as everyone makes it to be. because it fits their narrative.

khiladi

Reaction score
ya he sucks under pressure…

meaningless stat, as far as indicating actual pressure.

1. Blitz doesn’t mean you get pressure
2. Teams may blitz in desperation to get pressure
3. Blitz leaves the back compromised and if the OL holds up and the RB can nail the blitzer, which often happens with Zeke, it’s an easy throw.

in fact, this can be more indicative if the actual blocking being decent.

guys like Heineke were also really good at the blitz. Dak in year 2017, in which Dak was a laughing stick, had the top ranked passer rating against the blitz.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams stopped blitzing Dak and just played coverage and he wasn’t intelligent enough to figure it out &/or couldn’t see the field to find open receivers.Just another pointless, stupid stat that means nothing.
He stopped having Cooper in single coverage and his Passing world went down the gutter......
Zone defenses is the MOON for Dak!

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I’ve said this before & I’ll say it again stats are for computer nerds and fantasy geeks who have never played the game and really don’t understand football.
Stats aren't bias or narrative driven.

People SAY Dak isn't accurate, stats PROVE otherwise. Especially compared to other QB's that the same people say thats better than Dak.

Watch film, compare stats, improve your football knowledge.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately I think we have a double whammy situation with Dak, i.e., he has both mental and physical problems. On the one hand he has weird mechanics and this results in worm burners and passes sailing over the outstretched arms of receivers. On the other hand, his inaccuracy has clearly affected his confidence, to the point he never attempts difficult passes especially in clutch situations, culminating in that wonderfully comic slide to end last season.
What do the rest of the zoners think?

Yes.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Stats aren't bias or narrative driven.

People SAY Dak isn't accurate, stats PROVE otherwise. Especially compared to other QB's that the same people say thats better than Dak.

Watch film, compare stats, improve your football knowledge.
I watch film every season.The eye test proves Dak’s not an accurate thrower of the football.Receivers must have a large catch radius as Dak is often off the mark, either, high, low,under, or overthrown.How could you actually watch the games and say he’s accurate?Might need to take off the rose colored glasses and get some real ones.Ask David Carr how accurate Dak is when he absolutely embarrassed himself w/ his accuracy.You ever watch pro bowl skills competition w/ Dak years ago showing his “accuracy?”

https://m.facebook.com/cowboysworld...skills-challenge-at-the-pr/10158401125320713/

Last edited:

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score

So this is the "film" you post to prove that Dak isn't accurate?!? Lol I can post off the field stuff that don't matter also, and this one is recent in comparison to the ones you posted (2021)

Moral of the story is, eye test nor stats alone prove nothing. Even an "experts" opinion is just one part of the puzzle. You need a complete picture to actually prove a case... just like in any fair court in the world.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I want to win championships and paying Dak so much money that we can’t afford to have the team around him required to win a championship is where we should all draw the line.

Unfortunately some of you care more about Dak than you do winning the ultimate prize.

The Cowboys were $28.5 million under the cap at one point this offseason and did nothing with it. Only a few teams had more money to spend and most of them (Jets, Jaguars, etc.) are bottom feeders.

Dak's contract isn't crippling the team, in fact the way it's structured gives them substantial cap relief.

The Cowboys can afford to put a championship level team around Dak. Blame the Jones boys for giving us Leighton Vander Esch and Dorance Armstrong instead of Bobby Wagner and LaDarius Smith, etc.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys were $28.5 million under the cap at one point this offseason and did nothing with it. Only a few teams had more money to spend and most of them (Jets, Jaguars, etc.) are bottom feeders.

Dak's contract isn't crippling the team, in fact the way it's structured gives them substantial cap relief.

The Cowboys can afford to put a championship level team around Dak. Blame the Jones boys for giving us Leighton Vander Esch and Dorance Armstrong instead of Bobby Wagner and LaDarius Smith, etc.
Dak needs to carry not be carried.......sorry his price tag demands it!!!