Are Dak's Problems Mostly Mental or Physical?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Personally I wouldn't use YAC yards at all as a proxy for accuracy. There are too many other variables. But if you are going to use it, IMO looking at it the way I suggested gets you closer than total YAC yards.
I don't disagree. Like you said there are many factors. Perhaps that's why people have tried so hard to come up with one measure also QB rating or QBR. I don't think there is a single star or measure and it's combinations plus intuition plus expertise. Good GMs and good scouts get it....it's almost an art

Ken

Reaction score
More meaningless stats to prop Dak up....

Do all the stats really matter when we all know Dak can't beat the better teams and constantly fails in the big games? Prop him up all you want, but I would prefer a QB who shows up when the games matter the most.
It is not meaningless if it destroys the brainless narrative that Dak is accurate bc he throws short.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still waiting for the Dak Greatness to show up on the field when it matters.....
In the meantime, the Dak excuse squad continues to.......
AlarmingCreamyAxolotl-max-1mb.gif

erod

Reaction score
Dak is a reasonable quarterback making unreasonable money. That's the problem.

He reads the field slowly and doesn't trust his arm to make tight throws.

However, he doesn't get you killed with reckless play because he's so conservative.

Dallas can only win with him if it has an elite defense, but his contract and Stephen's unwillingness to spend elsewhere prevents that.

This is a bad formula.

shabazz

Reaction score
Dak is a reasonable quarterback making unreasonable money. That's the problem.

He reads the field slowly and doesn't trust his arm to make tight throws.

However, he doesn't get you killed with reckless play because he's so conservative.

Dallas can only win with him if it has an elite defense, but his contract and Stephen's unwillingness to spend elsewhere prevents that.

This is a bad formula.

Very succinct, non emotional critique…….of course in this forum it will be taken as personal.