Are Dak's Problems Mostly Mental or Physical?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Bringing up Prescott in that playoff game as the reason they lost is absurd. It would be easier to point out the players that didn't help with that loss as too many contributed including Boy Wonder, Parsons, who's self-professed job was Samuel. I did not see Prescott miss one tackle on their RB. Did not see him get penalty after penalty but he did have to overcome that.

The talking heads reduce it down to the QB to make it easier for them, we do not have to do that. There are always multiple contributors to every loss and win.

You don't like him so you lay it all on him. And you, you like him and defend him even when he deserves criticism for his play.

Want to play the blame game in the playoff game? Start with coaching. I am damn sick and tired of Cowboys teams being poorly prepared and honed to play playoff games. This has been going on for a long time and they are not in enough playoff games for this to be the case. Where in the hell is the sense of urgency in this franchise? It is as if the goal is just to make the playoffs, everything is just gravy after that.
Prescott was to blame. He wouldn't throw the ball to WRs he thought were covered. The windows are tight in the playoffs. You want blame coaching but until this team gets pedigree at the QB position they will never win anything. Romo was too mistake prone, Dak lacks the physical talent and becomes flustered when under a little pressure. If it wasn't for the int by Anthony Brown we of been looking at another stinker by Dak.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ironically enough, Prescott may have been the bright spot in the 49ers game. No stellar performance by any means, but he had half of the total yards rushing & even ran one for a TD, got sacked 5 times, got hit 14 and an enormous percentage of pressure per play. And, a dozen penalties that killed significant gains on drives. And for how much I hear he "can't read a defense" he sure did read blitz and find Cooper open on a 1 on 1 for a TD just fine. The ultimate team sport characterized by some here to mean it's all on Dak.

Yeah it's a fool's errand to expend too much emotional energy "debating" with people who have made up their mind that any time the Cowboys lose it's because of the QB. It can be fun to shine the light on their lunacy from time to time but one never expects any meaningful discussion to take place.. At least I don't. Dak has warts.. things he can get better at.. which makes him exactly like every player who has ever laced up cleats.. But I repeat.. QBs not half as good as he is have won championships because of great teammates.. So while it's fair to want him to be better, acting as if ONLY he needs to be better is moronic.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Hey dbag!I’m not going to spend all day looking up stats. I’m way too busy for that when I can see w/ my own 2 eyes what the deal is while watching games and tape.You apparently aren’t football savvy enough to see anything w/out your freakin’ stats.I’ll tell you what, since you have nothing to do, you can look them up for me.This is about completion%.
How many passes are 1-5 yds “in air”
6-10
15-20
20-25 ect, ect, ect.
How many of his long gains were 2 yd passes w/ rac?
What was his % on passes 20-30 yds in air or longer?
Bottom line, when you throw short often,% will be higher and by no means does completion % mean you’re accurate.Since you’re a keyboard warrior,I’m sure you’ll enjoy looking this up.Have at it Hoss!
wow, dbag!!! usually when people throw around insults like this, it means they feel like they have lost an argument, so they try to get confrontational and divert from the subjext at hand. so when did you feel like you lost this argument. at hello!?

I have forgotten more about football than your 15 year veteran coach of a peewee league claiming he knows football. I can put any measures on what I see, quantify and qualify outside of my drunk arsed barely can see the TV analysis you put fort. but given you kind of googled those stats and/or read them off of somebody else's post, perhaps you can elighten us with those stats...else you are reaching deep in your wide behind and pulling out something and it ain't sure football related

go back to your maddog 20/20 cherry flavor and stay quiet.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
wow, dbag!!! usually when people throw around insults like this, it means they feel like they have lost an argument, so they try to get confrontational and divert from the subjext at hand. so when did you feel like you lost this argument. at hello!?

I have forgotten more about football than your 15 year veteran coach of a peewee league claiming he knows football. I can put any measures on what I see, quantify and qualify outside of my drunk arsed barely can see the TV analysis you put fort. but given you kind of googled those stats and/or read them off of somebody else's post, perhaps you can elighten us with those stats...else you are reaching deep in your wide behind and pulling out something and it ain't sure football related

go back to your maddog 20/20 cherry flavor and stay quiet.
Not even close.As far as football knowledge goes,if it makes you feel better to believe that, then go right ahead.I don’t have to google stats like you, because I watch the games and analyze.You see a real football person thinks beyond just your googled stats , like for example,completion %.is more than just a total % and sign of accuracy.You’re too stupid to see past your blessed stats.” Oh, but he’s in top whatever in completion %, he must be accurate.” A real football person can see that he’s not.Have fun w/ your keyboard instead of actually learning something.Good riddance.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not even close.As far as football knowledge goes,if it makes you feel better to believe that, then go right ahead.I don’t have to google stats like you, because I watch the games and analyze.You see a real football person thinks beyond just your googled stats , like for example,completion %.is more than just a total % and sign of accuracy.You’re too stupid to see past your blessed stats.” Oh, but he’s in top whatever in completion %, he must be accurate.” A real football person can see that he’s not.Have fun w/ your keyboard instead of actually learning something.Good riddance.
you watch the games and analyze, yet can't provide any facts, any break down, any analysis. like I said, you watch games, but probably drunk as a skunk and can't remember what game you were watching and passed it by the middle of second quarter.

and I bet you just googled that supposed analysis, because you have no freaking clue what it means. you have shown zero, absolute zero understanding of football and in the end, provided some googled result excerpts to try to sound half intelligent which you are not. it actually made you look less intelligent than before...and you started in negative territory...

go back to drinking your maddog 20/20 cherry flavor and pass out as you were.

just too hilarious. you just blurtted out some googled excerpts of some measures yet, couldn't provide any numbers and explain what they mean..

totally clueless is what you are....you are even worse than Pappydog and he is known to be the worst football analyst on this board. you just took his cake and ran with it.

quit while you are behind. stick to cheap alcohol, is your best bet

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
you watch the games and analyze, yet can't provide any facts, any break down, any analysis. like I said, you watch games, but probably drunk as a skunk and can't remember what game you were watching and passed it by the middle of second quarter.

and I bet you just googled that supposed analysis, because you have no freaking clue what it means. you have shown zero, absolute zero understanding of football and in the end, provided some googled result excerpts to try to sound half intelligent which you are not. it actually made you look less intelligent than before...and you started in negative territory...

go back to drinking your maddog 20/20 cherry flavor and pass out as you were.

just too hilarious. you just blurtted out some googled excerpts of some measures yet, couldn't provide any numbers and explain what they mean..

totally clueless is what you are....you are even worse than Pappydog and he is known to be the worst football analyst on this board. you just took his cake and ran with it.

quit while you are behind. stick to cheap alcohol, is your best bet
Buh bye! Have fun w/ your keyboard in 1 hand & your crank in the other.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
Remember that Cardinals game. Just another long line of games against better teams where Dak has a chance move the meter on the measuring stick. I said before the cards game it was good game to see if he has gotten better. They lost I kept saying that's what is going to happen in the playoffs. And sure as he'll it did. That clown comparing Dak to Brady and Rodgers is complete idiot. If you can't see the difference than I can't help you but these stats are worthless until you get into the true stats like TD completion percentage inside the 20 and then the 10.
So because he played bad in the one game you paid attention to he's trash? Lol...

If you're referring to that video, the guy compared Daks numbers to the 6 top qb's... not just Brady and Rogers. Just because the numbers don't fit your narrative doesn't mean they are meanless. Then you find stats that actually fit your narrative, and don't post them lol...

I'm serious though, post his redzone td completion percentage compared to other qb's. I can't find them. Only thing I can find is this, where he is 6th in RZ passing TD's:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/redzone-passing.htm

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So because he played bad in the one game you paid attention to he's trash? Lol...

If you're referring to that video, the guy compared Daks numbers to the 6 top qb's... not just Brady and Rogers. Just because the numbers don't fit your narrative doesn't mean they are meanless. Then you find stats that actually fit your narrative, and don't post them lol...

I'm serious though, post his redzone td completion percentage compared to other qb's. I can't find them. Only thing I can find is this, where he is 6th in RZ passing TD's:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/redzone-passing.htm

You can sort that table on any of the metrics. If you sort on completion percentage in the red zone Dak was #1 over all among QBs that attempted at least 75 red zone passes. Not top 10.. not top 5.. Numero uno.. top dawg.. the absolute best. Better than Rodgers, better than Mahomes, better than Burrow, better than Brady.. And his 26-1 TD/INT ratio was top 5 as well. But you know.. that's the proverbial man behind the curtain.. pay no attention to those facts..

movaughn88

Reaction score
Yeah it's a fool's errand to expend too much emotional energy "debating" with people who have made up their mind that any time the Cowboys lose it's because of the QB. It can be fun to shine the light on their lunacy from time to time but one never expects any meaningful discussion to take place.. At least I don't. Dak has warts.. things he can get better at.. which makes him exactly like every player who has ever laced up cleats.. But I repeat.. QBs not half as good as he is have won championships because of great teammates.. So while it's fair to want him to be better, acting as if ONLY he needs to be better is moronic.

It's a lost cause on this board to "debate" that crowd, to the point I question why I even visit the site sometimes. The worst and most profuse posters jump into every thread with the same terrible anti-Dak posts. It's actually sad the thousands of posts and who knows how much time they devote to being so negatively biased and pretty much just wrong.

Your take on him is a reasonable one - he needs to get better, has had stretches of being really good, and is the best possible option for this team for the next 3-5 years at the least.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's a lost cause on this board to "debate" that crowd, to the point I question why I even visit the site sometimes. The worst and most profuse posters jump into every thread with the same terrible anti-Dak posts. It's actually sad the thousands of posts and who knows how much time they devote to being so negatively biased and pretty much just wrong.

Your take on him is a reasonable one - he needs to get better, has had stretches of being really good, and is the best possible option for this team for the next 3-5 years at the least.

The most fascinating aspect of that anti-Dak crowd is that they have proclaimed themselves to be quarterbacking "experts" who are also able to see the future. They have declared that Dak absolutely cannot get any better for the rest of his career. Despite the overwhelming evidence that as QBs mature in the game anything they lose physically is more than made up for by what they gain intellectually. The attempt to paint Dak as somehow "too dumb" to learn different defenses as they get thrown at him is comical. As if these geniuses can adjudge his level of intelligence from hundreds if not thousands of miles away. That level of mind reading must be applauded though.. I just wish they would use that ESP to give me lottery numbers.. Maybe that's why they have all this free time to post nonsense on the internet though. Maybe they have accurately predicted the lotto numbers on multiple occasions and are not independently wealthy and have already used their winnings to travel around the world so many times they are bored with it and now just wanna play on the internet..

Yeah.. that's the ticket..

Dre11

Reaction score
Moore got this team to the #1 ranking in offense . . . with Dak as QB let that sink in.

Cowboys are lucky to have him. . . Moore knows exactly how Dak sucks and He has made Filet Mignon out of Bologna.

If the Cowboys offense is predictable its because Dak is a piss poor QB . . . Mentally and Physically.

Same thing will happen again this year . . . Moore will have some ingenious game plans . . . they will work the 1st 5 weeks abd then the league will catch on . . and then Nothing but TE and RB dumpoffs

More didn't throw 1 pass or td.

Redline360

Reaction score
The David Carr video is always cringe worthy however the guy actually had a pretty decent skills set.

Normally placed in the top 10 of quartback busts of all time however he's probably one of the biggest "what ifs" ever.

Placed in one of the worst situations in football with the expansive team. Could have argurably had the worst oline in history of the game. Turn over machine but dude took more of a beating in his first couple years then most quarterbacks will ever see in there entire career. Went to Carolina I think started a couple games then got injured. Dude had a terrible career stat wish but damn. Those Texan teams would make the Jets look like superbowl calenders.

Dude literally got thrown into one of the worse situations ever in the sport history

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The most fascinating aspect of that anti-Dak crowd is that they have proclaimed themselves to be quarterbacking "experts" who are also able to see the future. They have declared that Dak absolutely cannot get any better for the rest of his career. Despite the overwhelming evidence that as QBs mature in the game anything they lose physically is more than made up for by what they gain intellectually. The attempt to paint Dak as somehow "too dumb" to learn different defenses as they get thrown at him is comical. As if these geniuses can adjudge his level of intelligence from hundreds if not thousands of miles away. That level of mind reading must be applauded though.. I just wish they would use that ESP to give me lottery numbers.. Maybe that's why they have all this free time to post nonsense on the internet though. Maybe they have accurately predicted the lotto numbers on multiple occasions and are not independently wealthy and have already used their winnings to travel around the world so many times they are bored with it and now just wanna play on the internet..

Yeah.. that's the ticket..
don't get me wrong, Dak has to make improvements. his issues are often with his poor footwork. he also has to improve his mental aspect of the game. he has gotten better, but not to the point fans expect him to as he consistently gets compared to Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Burrow, etc......and I am first to admit he is not them. he is not elite, but doesn't mean he is not good or you can't win with him.

but the part that's funny, is all these guru's can never provide any measures, any stats, anything to point to their views, its the "eye test". when they talk about, lets say inaccurate throws that don't allow for YAC, but then you tell them, Dallas was 9th in YAC, they dismiss you as being a stat nerd and not understanding football.

the one thing, that I do agree with them is Dak has to play better against bette teams. he is very up and down against those type opponents. if he is more consistent, then he will be better naturally.