Are Eagles better than Cowboys, even with worst record?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
we dropped 37 on them.. they have lost like 4 in row to us and I believe we are 5-1 in the last 6.. to be better then someone you have to beat them...I saw defense that allowed a Cold Eli torch them in the first half and took OT to win against a 2-10 team..

they have the softest schedule moving forward so I dont like our odds but weve owned the eagles and that defense and the allegedly beter coaching staff..if they cant beat garett head to head m how are they better?

I wouldn't say that they are better, I won't say that they might win the division due to just being a little less awful than the Cowboys are this season. Also, everyone points out the Eagles having injuries to excuse away Wentz and the Eagles having a losing record. But, if injuries are a part of the reason they are struggling, then that's just another reason why every one shouldn't assume that they'll automatically win the rest of their games, even though the other teams are bad and have losing records.

The Eagles are in a place where I can see them beating the Giants and Skins and ending up 8-8 or 9-7. But, are also playing so bad that I can see them losing to the Giants or Skins and ending up 8-8 or 7-9.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles are really banged up now. But despite that, they staged a big comeback to defeat the Giants last night. Does anyone think the Cowboys could have come back from a 17-3 deficit in the 3rd quarter to win that game? I don't.

Notice the Eagles did not abandon the running game at any point in the game? Notice how they adjusted the play calling on offense to get the ball out of Wentz's hand quicker? They ran the same plays that were working over and over instead of getting too cute. The Eagles stole the momentum and just pushed the Giants out of the way to gain the victory. Garrett would have abandoned the run in the 3rd quarter and never would have made the adjustments in the passing game.

I don't think this Cowboys team can come back like that anymore. Of course, it was the Giants with Eli at QB. And the Giants are as bad using Barkley as the Cowboys are using Zeke. In a game the Giants were winning and never behind in regulation, they gave the ball to Barkley only 17 times!

The Cowboys are a better team on paper, but the Eagles are a better team on the field even with all the injuries. I think the Eagles are going to win the division and finish are a fairly respectable 9-7. The Cowboys will finish 6-10.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
we dropped 37 on them.. they have lost like 4 in row to us and I believe we are 5-1 in the last 6.. to be better then someone you have to beat them...I saw defense that allowed a Cold Eli torch them in the first half and took OT to win against a 2-10 team..

they have the softest schedule moving forward so I dont like our odds but weve owned the eagles and that defense and the allegedly beter coaching staff..if they cant beat garett head to head m how are they better?
We have owned the birds true; however, looking into the mirror, with the way this season has turned, there is absolutely no way we can say we’re better than anyone. If we looked around the league, the last 4 games, we may be the worst team of them all.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
..right now, in this state? I would say a definite yes. They have Pederson and personal to turn things around. Do they have better players? I would say no. But they have better coaches,which makes better players.

...yer thoughts. Keep it civil guys.. ;)...
Cowboys have won 4 straight vs the eagles.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Watched the Eagles Giants game last night. Both drives where the Eagles came back to get the W they did 3 things. Ran the ball into gaps they created, and ran screens , and schemed to get their TE's open.....

Those are our achilles heals..... In essence I saw them practicing the plays they will use to exploit our defense.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
the Eagles somehow stink worse than the Cowboys. pretty clearly IMO.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
..right now, in this state? I would say a definite yes. They have Pederson and personal to turn things around. Do they have better players? I would say no. But they have better coaches,which makes better players.

I'd say they are both pretty awful and it's a toss-up. The Eagles fell behind the Giants 17-3 and barely won. They lost to Miami while we lost to the New York Jets. We blew them out at home. They did beat Buffalo, Chicago, Green Bay and the Jets, but lost to Detroit and lost worse than us to Minnesota.

The way our team has played, we could blow them out, get blown out or win or lose close. We just don't know. However, I go into every game now expecting us to lose. I just can't say there's evidence that the Eagles are better.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
At this point, no. But the Eagles have been dealing with more key injuries than Dallas, I suspect with everybody healthy they are better.

Talking about the here and now, no, they're not better. About the same, probably a bit under average...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With all their injuries, we are the more talented team. But they are at home and have the better coach.

So the edge goes to them. This team couldn't beat the Bears on the road and the Bears aren't that good, so I am not sure why people expect this team to go into Philly in a do or die game and win in two weeks, especially if we lose to the Rams and are riding a huge losing streak.

Playing at home is definitely in their favor since we have looked bad in our cold-weather games so far. Of course, we've looked bad in a lot of games so far. One of the exceptions being when we played like the team we should be against Philly, beating up the Eagles with our offense and defense. I don't expect a repeat of that, but it would be fun.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Their superior coaches have led them to being every bit as lackluster as the Cowboys this season. I don't see that either is notably better than the other.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

I'm surprised they haven't at least taken a look at Dez Bryant.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The eagles minus all of their wide receivers except their 5th backup did what Dallas fails to do in many games, score a TD to win the game. They have a better coaching staff overall especially at the positional level.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too close to call but when I consider the WR corps that the Eagles are left with and bringing a RB up from the PS, I do believe that have better coaching. Did you catch Pederson's demeanor after they missed that FG? What would Garrett have been doing? Pederson wills his team to fight, even when they look like they're giving up on each other, he doesn't give up on them.

I will say this about the two teams. When their backs are against the wall, I will take the Eagles over the Cowboys. I think they are more of a team, not necessarily with better players but with better teammates. I do get the feeling that Wentz isn't a favorite on the team but they will put that aside and fight with and for him. In that regard, the teams are reflective of their HC's.

They were without their RT, RB1, WR's 1-3 on that offense last night and it was ugly but they managed to fight through that.

Praxit

Reaction score
Too close to call but when I consider the WR corps that the Eagles are left with and bringing a RB up from the PS, I do believe that have better coaching. Did you catch Pederson's demeanor after they missed that FG? What would Garrett have been doing? Pederson wills his team to fight, even when they look like they're giving up on each other, he doesn't give up on them.

I will say this about the two teams. When their backs are against the wall, I will take the Eagles over the Cowboys. I think they are more of a team, not necessarily with better players but with better teammates. I do get the feeling that Wentz isn't a favorite on the team but they will put that aside and fight with and for him. In that regard, the teams are reflective of their HC's.

They were without their RT, RB1, WR's 1-3 on that offense last night and it was ugly but they managed to fight through that.
..how about their Super bowl run 2 yrs ago CC? Back up QB, everyone was hurt that can remember. Yet, they pulled it off. Finished in style. Im not a Philly fan, but was happy for them. Coaching is huge in the NFL.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
The eagles rallied from a 17-3 deficit and put up a 20-0 2nd half. Anyone in this forum really believe Dallas would have similar fortitude right now? Really??

Philly is a better team for, at least, the reason that they haven't already given up. Dallas is a dead man walking. Philly wins this division.