Are the Colts unstoppable?

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Hostile said:
No team is unbeatable but they come awful close to it. I still have my doubts they can run the table. If they do more power to them. That will be damned impressive.

There is only 1 team I think that could beat them. The Bengals. They came very close in the game the played earlier in a big shoot out. From what I see the Bengals just keep getting better and better. If the Colts and Bengals meet in the playoffs I think the Bengals will be a better team then the one the Colts beat a few weeks ago.

I have not counted out the Steelers yet either.

But right now it would not surprise me to see the Bengals in the Super Bowl.

Brave

Reaction score
I can't imagine the Colts getting beat at this point. I don't believe Seattle will pose much of a threat.

Cincy may have the weapons ... if they can bring their "A" game in the playoffs.

I wouldn't say they are unstoppable, but it will take a major effort by a good team to beat them at this point, and those opportunities seem to be few and far between at this point.

I'd put it at 70-30 they run the table, including the Super Bowl.

What would REALLY be bad for them would be to go undefeated and lose to the Patriots in the playoffs.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
His "so called" act gets the job done. I'd luv to have his act in BIG D..

I would give anything to have Manning...actually either one of the Mannings here in Dallas over Bledsoe. But then again I would give anything to have about 20 other QBs here in Dallas instead of Bledsoe.

But just remember that Tom Bradys actions not acts have done the job better.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This year, the Colts are unstoppable. Perhaps for one game, but not in their quest for the whole shibang.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Brave said:
I can't imagine the Colts getting beat at this point. I don't believe Seattle will pose much of a threat.

Cincy may have the weapons ... if they can bring their "A" game in the playoffs.

I wouldn't say they are unstoppable, but it will take a major effort by a good team to beat them at this point, and those opportunities seem to be few and far between at this point.

I'd put it at 70-30 they run the table, including the Super Bowl.

What would REALLY be bad for them would be to go undefeated and lose to the Patriots in the playoffs.

What bites is that if we had a good offense I think Dallas could beat the Colts.

Our defense would give Manning and his offense alota problems.

T-New has shut down everyone he has faced. And I think T-New would give Marv Harrison all kindsa problems he has not had all year. Henry could hold his own easy. Our secondary would cause some real problems for Manning.

We do not get the best pass rush but we are pretty solid at stopping the run.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine
I dont hate Manning I just get sick of his 15 minute dramas before every snap of the ball. What is it gonna be next year. Is he gonna bring a guitar or trombone to the LOS to add to his already way overblown act as it is.

Mansta54 said:
His "so called" act gets the job done. I'd luv to have his act in BIG D..

I agree with BOTH of you guys here LOL
But, if he had a star on his helmet there would surely be a rule created for that LOS act he does.

It would go with the following cowboys "inspired" rules
  1. Emmitt "no removing helmet" Smith RULE
  2. Michael "I push off" Irvin RULE
  3. Roy "Horsecollar" Williams RULE
did I miss any?

scottsp

Reaction score
Yeah, Indy looks the part. We can crow about Cincy "almost beating them," but on their home field, they had no shot at slowing down the Colt offense. That was a fun game. Colts never trailed and kept the Bengals at an arm's length the entire afternoon.

I doubt Dallas stays with them, very seriously. I think our defense would keep them from scoring 40, but our offense would struggle. And I don't even like thinking about Freeney and Mathis off the edges. We'd be in deep poo.

ghst187

Reaction score
i really really really hate Indy. I want them to lose to the Pats again. If there's one team that can do it, the Pats own peyton. Not sure if the Pats have the horses but they are peyton's big mental block just like Spurrier was at UF. I know they beat the Pats this year but the Pats were really really hurting then.
I'm not sure if Cincy is ready for the big time yet. Still a little soft in the middle.

I tell you, the biggest thing going for the Colts is that they never seem to have anyone injured. Its nice to have all your players all year, every game, always healthy. Every other team has to deal with critical injuries to key personnel. Not sure what they're doing in Indy but its working. They are one offensive star injury from being brought back to earth. I think they are far and away the best team right now but that has a lot to do with them being healthy all year. Must be nice.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
i really really really hate Indy. I want them to lose to the Pats again. If there's one team that can do it, the Pats own peyton. Not sure if the Pats have the horses but they are peyton's big mental block just like Spurrier was at UF. I know they beat the Pats this year but the Pats were really really hurting then.

You know I was thinking same thing... too much is made about teams that beat other teams during the regular season. Its in the playoffs that Manning has to get that monkey off his back. I could see the Pats being able to do it. Yes even now.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I'm not sure if Cincy is ready for the big time yet. Still a little soft in the middle.

I tell you, the biggest thing going for the Colts is that they never seem to have anyone injured. Its nice to have all your players all year, every game, always healthy. Every other team has to deal with critical injuries to key personnel. Not sure what they're doing in Indy but its working. They are one offensive star injury from being brought back to earth. I think they are far and away the best team right now but that has a lot to do with them being healthy all year. Must be nice.

The Bengals almost beat the Colts.

The Colts are as good as they are gonna get now. The Bengals are gonna get better and better. If there is a team that will beat the Colts the Bengals will do it. The Bengals will be a better team then the last time the Colts played them.

The only team I see having a chance at beating the Colts is the Bengals. Maybe with a little luck the Steelers to.

Alweezy

Reaction score
the only thing that can stop the Colts is Tony Dungy. And even then it might prove to be somewhat difficult...

smack500

Reaction score
The only team I see beating indy is the pats if enough of their players come back before the playoffs. I dont see how some of you keep saying indy isnt going to improve anymore, look at how they played against the jags today compared to last time.

Dallas doesnt match up well with the colts at all. They have a tremendus pass rush while dallas has o line problems and a statue qb.This would most likely cause turnovers. Also I have a serious problem beleiving you could stop manning at all. One of his best assests is he gets the ball to anyone open. You dont have that many great cbs while they have many very good outs. They have 2 wrs that could be other teams #1s, compare reggie waynes #s to T. Glenns. THey also have stokely and others, not to mention one of the best backs in the league (better then J jones).