Are the Cowboys poised for a Superbowl run?

ShortRound

Reaction score
K09M1Jl.gif

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
It is, of course, possible. The NFL is weird. The Cowboys aren't built to consistently contend in the way that a team like KC or SF are.

I believe there is one way this team goes to the Super Bowl this season, and it involves 2 perfect storms -

1 - Prescott goes on a 2012 Flacco-esque tear in the playoffs, playing out of his mind while also getting incredibly lucky.

2 - The Zimmer defense is improved in the run game and just as good at rushing the QB and forcing turnovers. Micah, Diggs, and those boys need to have stellar seasons.

If those happen, sure, this team can make a Super Bowl.

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
No. 49ers, Eagles, Lions, and Packers are way better. If for some reason Dallas find themselves in playoffs, it will be one and done and another awful game to watch.

Dallas doesn’t have an explosive QB nor running game, OL might improve but not at an elite level. Defense will be mediocre at best.

Quick edit: I forgot, Dallas front office sucks, and MM is clueless.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Everything's possible. Imagine these guys showing some sort of "now more than ever" reaction.

There's a higher chance to win the lottery, but it's possible.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Can we make the Superbowl this year?

Type Y for Yes
N for No
All we've seen is practice and one preseason game in which the starters did not play.

So I give it an I, for I don't know.

If I had to pick yes or no, I'd have to base it off last year and what we did in the offseason compared to other playoff teams, which would result in an N. But there have been teams that made the Super Bowl before that I would have said the same thing about, the Giants making it with Eli at QB, Philly making it with Foles ...

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
You never know, but I'd be a lot more confident with a RB and DT help..I'll never understand this FOs thought process.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Can we make the Superbowl this year?

Type Y for Yes
N for No
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN