Are the Cowboys poised for a Superbowl run?

Chasing6

Reaction score
No. 49ers, Eagles, Lions, and Packers are way better. If for some reason Dallas find themselves in playoffs, it will be one and done and another awful game to watch.

Dallas doesn’t have an explosive QB nor running game, OL might improve but not at an elite level. Defense will be mediocre at best.

Quick edit: I forgot, Dallas front office sucks, and MM is clueless.
Don't get me wrong, we could lose to anyone, but I only fear the Niners.

Good thing we gave them an extra 4th round pick and $5.3M in extra cap space this year for 4th year rookie QB. :banghead:

plasticman

Reaction score
For me, that is a question you ask in December.

Even the most talented team to start a season has no idea what might lay ahead as far as injuries, bad luck, player incidents, etc.

A team is poised to win a Super Bowl when they have a good record after 10 -12 games, emerging talent, limited injuries, a recent winning streak and the momentum to sweep the last 4-5 games or close to it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
For me, that is a question you ask in December.

Even the most talented team to start a season has no idea what might lay ahead as far as injuries, bad luck, player incidents, etc.

A team is poised to win a Super Bowl when they have a good record after 10 -12 games, emerging talent, limited injuries, a recent winning streak and the momentum to sweep the last 4-5 games or close to it.
All you need to do is get in the playoffs. Get hot at the end of the year, hope you are healthy, get some luck and you have a chance.

Still need to trade for a DT as well.

plasticman

Reaction score
Don't be surprised when we start saying why wasn't Rico playing more last year.
Also, don't be surprised if his name ends up fading from history in the
same way as Curvin Richards, Joseph Randle, Derrick Lassic and Troy Hambrick.

Being the best RB on this team in no way implies that he is any good as a lead back or even the alternate.

More than any other skill position, the majority of the top RB's in NFL history were top RB's coming out of college.

46 of the top 50 rushers in history were drafted in rounds 1 to 3. Only one top 50 RB was undrafted and that was Priest Holmes at #49.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Are the Cowboys poised to make a super bowl run why certainly in the same way that Mr Ed would be poised to beat Secretariat in the Kentucky Derby.

Sheesh it's debatable if we're even poised to sign our good players or make the playoffs first things first

Chasing6

Reaction score
Also, don't be surprised if his name ends up fading from history in the
same way as Curvin Richards, Joseph Randle, Derrick Lassic and Troy Hambrick.

Being the best RB on this team in no way implies that he is any good as a lead back or even the alternate.

More than any other skill position, the majority of the top RB's in NFL history were top RB's coming out of college.

46 of the top 50 rushers in history were drafted in rounds 1 to 3. Only one top 50 RB was undrafted and that was Priest Holmes at #49.
We only need him for this year. Deep RB class next year. I am would be happy with a new starting RB every year. RB's should not get a 2nd contract. Let them walk or trade them.

Jipper

Reaction score
And this is why other nfl teams hate cowboys fans...delusional year after year thinking this could be our year!

This team will be lucky to be in the WC race and might end up sub 500

Swagger

Reaction score
Based on the previous 8 years...obviously no, not with Prescott under centre.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't get me wrong, we could lose to anyone, but I only fear the Niners.

Good thing we gave them an extra 4th round pick and $5.3M in extra cap space this year for 4th year rookie QB. :banghead:
Who did SF select in the draft with that 4th round pick?
Since you seem to keep up on them and post about them so much.

Anyway, that could be an interesting thing to keep a look at.
Of course many will watch it with a biased eye. As to if the player sucks or not.
Could turn into a Watt vs Taco debate. :muttley:

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
HN. for heck no. (Censored it for the childrens)

Some here are delusional if you think so. Usual suspects who have a lifetime supply of rose colored glasses. Get real, Lucky if they are over .500 this season. Even Jerry has more sense, deep down he knows it is not gonna happen. Reason for all the one year contracts, including the coaches.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Who did SF select in the draft with that 4th round pick?
Since you seem to keep up on them and post about them so much.

Anyway, that could be an interesting thing to keep a look at.
Of course many will watch it with a biased eye. As to if the player sucks or not.
Could turn into a Watt vs Taco debate. :muttley:
Malik Mustapha is the player SF took with the Lance pick.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
HN. for heck no. (Censored it for the childrens)

Some here are delusional if you think so. Usual suspects who have a lifetime supply of rose colored glasses. Get real, Lucky if they are over .500 this season. Even Jerry has more sense, deep down he knows it is not gonna happen. Reason for all the one year contracts, including the coaches.
agree.

We are in a quick rebuild.

New and younger players.

2025 draft is critical.