Are the Cowboys poised for a Superbowl run?

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Making the playoffs will be a stretch
100% agree.

Not only is this team not poised for a Superbowl run, they could miss the playoffs.

Then Jerry will dump McCarthy (as the necessary scapegoat, which could have easily been done this year), and it would be time to consider some blockbuster trades for 1 or 2 of the Big 3. Basically, it's time to almost start over. I don't think McCarthy has ever been the answer to get this team to an NFC Championship Game, but neither do I think this team is simply a headcoach away.

This team is poised to have a down year with so much at stake, with EVERYbody eventually crumbling under the immense pressure. And then yes, this team may end the season with Lance getting a few meaningless starts, because The Front Office will realize there's no hope in this season and the Cowboys may not even be chasing a wild card spot as December winds down.

I don't trust this defense, and who knows what they're going to get out of Zimmer. Nor do I trust McCarthy and Dak playing for their football lives. And I don't trust Parsons to show up every game, and once they start losing, he'll blame anyone but himself. And Zeke as the primary back? I don't know, that's asking a lot.

It's a recipe for an under .500 season since the schedule is also pretty tough.

This ship is likely sinking...and it may be truly ugly by Thanksgiving