Are the Cowboys poised for a Superbowl run?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
every year any team can go to the Super Bowl, no one can take taht away from you. Except if you cant get the tickets. Than, they took that away from you.

We ll be going if we can buy SB tickets. Again.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Most ignorant thread topic of the year. Yeah we are sure the Cowboys will go on a SB run with zero Oline depth, garbage DT play, no run defense, a bunch of Tito Jacksons at #2 and #3 WR, 3 yards and a cloud of dust at RB, and America's Choker at QB.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
And this is why other nfl teams hate cowboys fans...delusional year after year thinking this could be our year!

This team will be lucky to be in the WC race and might end up sub 500
Why are you so desperate to be liked?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Also, Y.

If for no other reason than to bother those of you who are upset when people actually cheer for the team they purportedly like.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Also, Y.

If for no other reason than to bother those of you who are upset when people actually cheer for the team they purportedly like.
I dont think these are mutually exclusive events my friend, you can be a die hard fan of a team and also believe they are not championship caliber.

These can both be true at the same time.

Take for example my brother, the biggest Titan fan I have ever seen. The dude literally painted his car to match the team colors, he is ultra fanatic! But guess what? He also understands that there is virtually no chance for the Titans to win the SB this year, they have a brand new coach, they have a new starting QB since Tannyhill was not resigned, and they let King Henry walk in free agency to the Ravens. They are in "rebuild mode" so they are not expected to win too many games this year, but that does not stop my brother from cheering for them like a mad man, LOL!

Get my point?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I dont think these are mutually exclusive events my friend, you can be a die hard fan of a team and also believe they are not championship caliber.

These can both be true at the same time.

Take for example my brother, the biggest Titan fan I have ever seen. The dude literally painted his car to match the team colors, he is ultra fanatic! But guess what? He also understands that there is virtually no chance for the Titans to win the SB this year, they have a brand new coach, they have a new starting QB since Tannyhill was not resigned, and they let King Henry walk in free agency to the Ravens. They are in "rebuild mode" so they are not expected to win too many games this year, but that does not stop my brother from cheering for them like a mad man, LOL!

Get my point?
I know it’s unlikely this team goes on a run. But I still plan on having fun this year, regardless.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I know it’s unlikely this team goes on a run. But I still plan on having fun this year, regardless.
Of course, every fan should be having fun following their favorite sports teams, be in the NFL, the NBA or MLB.

If one of your favorite teams ever does catch lightening in a bottle and wins a championship one season, it is magical !!!

But it is always good to have realistic expectations because 99% of the time your favorite teams will always fall short. Take the Cheifs, they are the closet thing to a dynasty right now in the NFL, but did you know they went 52 consecutive seasons without winning a ring.

Or take the Chicago Cubs, they went 108 seasons without winning a championship.............you heard that right, they went 108 years without winning a ring, and people think the Cowboys are in a drought, LOL!!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Also, Y.

So, just for your own ego then? And we get to the real truth. You know perfectly well that there is no chance the Cowboys are going on a SB run now or any time soon. You don't want to confront that truth so you decide it is better to try to antagonize others for accepting reality.

This is why homers are always worse than haters. "Haters" stick to the topic which is the Dallas Cowboys. Homers hijack threads and make them about who they perceive to be "haters".

Also, nobody really cares if you waive pom poms in a vain attempt to show how special you are. We want to win a SB too, but we know that it isn't going to happen until a new front office is in charge of Dallas. It just isn't as important to us that you conform to our opinions than it is for "homers".

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Of course, every fan should be having fun following their favorite sports teams, be in the NFL, the NBA or MLB.

If one of your favorite teams ever does catch lightening in a bottle and wins a championship one season, it is magical !!!

But it is always good to have realistic expectations because 99% of the time your favorite teams will always fall short. Take the Cheifs, they are the closet thing to a dynasty right now in the NFL, but did you know they went 52 consecutive seasons without winning a ring.

Or take the Chicago Cubs, they went 108 seasons without winning a championship.............you heard that right, they went 108 years without winning a ring, and people think the Cowboys are in a drought, LOL!!!
Whataboutism is never an excuse for your own failures. Plus, baseball is much different from football.

The current Cowboys drought is one of the five longest in the NFL, and the longest in team history by far. The Cowboys have played in championships in the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. The current drought has encompassed the entirety of the 2000s, 2010s, and almost half of the 2020s.

Laugh those facts off as you whistle past the graveyard.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
You just never know. A lightning in the bottle type run in the playoffs saying the Cowboys get there. Who knows. The Cowboys are long overdue for some good luck in the playoffs. I will say yes knowing the well deserved ridicule will follow.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I was hoping someone would talk in terms of probabilities as opposed to the feigned certainty.
If Phillips, Mazi Smith, Osa Odighizuwa and perhaps Chauncey Golston.

Then DE Carl Lawson, along with Parsons, Lawrence, and Kneeland remain healthy for the season.

The Cowboys will win two of the four games against KC, the Eagles, and SF and win at least 11 games before the playoffs.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Zimmer was very complementary of his shiny new toy and mentioned something specifically he's working on.

“Marshawn’s been great in camp. He’s working real hard on some of the pass rush stuff, because I don’t think he was as efficient in doing that. He’s been great against the run. He’s a worker and I think he’s going to continue to work.”
That's what Kneeland needs. He's got the power aspect. If he can get some pass rush stuff down like getting a plan to together if his initial move doesn't work, Kneeland will be an even more well-rounded player early on, and with a significant workload ahead of him, that just gives him an even better chance to produce out of the gate this season.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ents-marshawn-kneeland-cam-jordan-mike-zimmer

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wonder what Dez will do if Dallas signs this star receiver: CD Lamb? :thumbup:

Receptions 122
1st Targets 168
1st Receiving Yards 1,651
2nd Scrimmage Yards 1,757
1st Touchdowns 12

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
So, just for your own ego then? And we get to the real truth. You know perfectly well that there is no chance the Cowboys are going on a SB run now or any time soon. You don't want to confront that truth so you decide it is better to try to antagonize others for accepting reality.

This is why homers are always worse than haters. "Haters" stick to the topic which is the Dallas Cowboys. Homers hijack threads and make them about who they perceive to be "haters".

Also, nobody really cares if you waive pom poms in a vain attempt to show how special you are. We want to win a SB too, but we know that it isn't going to happen until a new front office is in charge of Dallas. It just isn't as important to us that you conform to our opinions than it is for "homers".
You seem kinda bothered that I’m not conforming to your opinions.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
You seem kinda bothered that I’m not conforming to your opinions.
The type of fan Jerry loves. Someone who warps reality on what they wish Dallas could be rather than accepting who Dallas is.

"When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The type of fan Jerry loves. Someone who warps reality on what they wish Dallas could be rather than accepting who Dallas is.

"When someone shows you who they are believe them the first time." - Maya Angelou
Not the Maya Angelou quote!

Also who the hell cares. This is entertainment, nothing else.

Warping reality lol.