Are the Cowboys safe from being caught by Philly in the division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
doubt saints will win. Commanders and giants should lose though better they win to get worse draft picks.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Philly has an easy schedule in front of them. But lets not forget they're not much better, if at all, than any of those teams. I'm guessing they go 4-3 over the rest of the season. That puts them at 8 wins. Even in the off chance they go 5-2, they're a 9-8 team. If Dallas can't beat that then it really doesn't matter, does it? The season is over.

I would love for them to go 6-1 over the rest of season, with that lose obviously being to the Boys. That way their draft pick slides down a bit.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if this team folds like that it wont matter season is over and lots of people will be looking for new jobs

Motorola

Reaction score
Look at it like this.

with the lead the cowboys currently have, combined with games left. Even if the cowboys went 4-4 the eagles would still need to go 7-1 to win the division. And even that might not be enough depending where their loss is and cowboys losses are and tiebreaker situations.

It’s a tall order for them to close a gap that size with 8 games to go.

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Safe? No. Nothing in the NFL is "safe". Remember 28-3?

However, I don't think that they can catch us. We would have to completely fold AND they would have to catch fire. I believe that it is unlikely that either happens, but there does exist a remote possibility that it could.

Carson

Reaction score
doubt saints will win. Football Team and giants should lose though better they win to get worse draft picks.
Slim to none chance Saints win.

No Kamara, Both starting tackles are out. Siemian at QB.

Saints have an elite D. Just don’t think their offense can keep up.

I’ve said it before. Eagles may only lose 2 games the rest of the year

Last edited:

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally don't think that the Cowboys need to worry about our division but if Philly wins and we lose were only 2.5 games ahead with the Raiders and saints coming through. While Philly has the Saints, Giants and Jets.
Hopefully this team doesn't lose focus going forward because we all talked a lot of smack. Lol.
No. Not unless we lose more key players to injury.

Motorola

Reaction score
Plus- the final game of the season is against the Eagles. A highly unlikely stumble down the stretch can still be overcome if the Cowboys win the second time.

Creeper

Reaction score
I personally don't think that the Cowboys need to worry about our division but if Philly wins and we lose were only 2.5 games ahead with the Raiders and saints coming through. While Philly has the Saints, Giants and Jets.
Hopefully this team doesn't lose focus going forward because we all talked a lot of smack. Lol.

It's not over until it is over, which is why they should not take any games off. They need to get healthy and get their guys back on the field. Win their games and they don't have to worry about what the Eagles are doing. But as I have been saying for years, the healthiest teams win in the end. No team can sustain a 20% loss of starting personnel without seeing performance diminish. The Cowboys are already missing their all-pro WR, LT, 2 DEs and a starting DT. I don't see how they can lose any more players and be as effective on either side of the ball.

So, no, the Cowboys are not safe from getting caught by Philly if they keep losing starting players.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
If we lose that many more game, we wouldn’t do anything in the playoffs anyway.

Look big picture. Stop settling for Garrett mediocrity!

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Does the math say we're safe? No? Then that means we're not safe. We're not safe until we earn that "Y". There's no other way of looking at it.

ghst187

Reaction score
I can’t see the Eagles sweeping the WFT and the Giants. For them to catch us they can’t lose anymore games in the East. WFT has the best chance because they play us twice.

I agree, I think all of those divisional games are toss ups and will get split pretty evenly…effectively eliminating all of them

also, I know the uglies are playing better but we curb stomped them so hard last time … it’s hard to see Hurts having success against us

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d stay focused on the loss column which we are 4 games up and already beat them once.

bewp7

Reaction score
they is in control

if they lose it it is their own fault and they dont diserve to make the playoffs any way

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes. Even a 3-5 collapse of a record the rest of the way wins the division. No way the Eagles Only lose 1 more game.

Status
Not open for further replies.