Are the Cowboys safe from being caught by Philly in the division?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. Even a 3-5 collapse of a record the rest of the way wins the division. No way the Eagles Only lose 1 more game.

They catch a big break today in a game they could have easily lost playing the Saints without Kamara and their two starting OTs.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Nothing is given.

But if things turn out to where we are sweating it out in the division, we obviously aren’t the team we thought we were.

cowboyec

Reaction score
nothing is a given for them,either.
i don't fear philly.
i hate them...but i don't fear them.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I personally don't think that the Cowboys need to worry about our division but if Philly wins and we lose were only 2.5 games ahead with the Raiders and saints coming through. While Philly has the Saints, Giants and Jets.
Hopefully this team doesn't lose focus going forward because we all talked a lot of smack. Lol.

Something SMELLS????
Oh, it's the NFC East lol....man if we lose the division this year everyone should be cut and fired!

P.S. no way Prescott wins in Philly for whatever that's worth here....

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They catch a big break today in a game they could have easily lost playing the Saints without Kamara and their two starting OTs.

true. I look at it this way. If its even close in week 17 and 18 that means this team fell apart and isn’t going anywhere anyway, so I’m not worrying about what philthy does.

Brooksey

Reaction score
No...it's never safe until they are mathmatically eliminated.
We have too many injuries in top spots right now, and one more major one could set us back.

Section446

Reaction score
Nope, the Eagles aren't nearly as bad as we thought they were to start the year.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The division is not wrapped up yet.

That should be our only focus.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
No, and this is a good thread topic.
Philly's schedule gets easy after today while we have some games coming up against stronger opponents and our D-Line is wounded.

I believe Washington and Philly get within reach and then we get healthy and close them out in the end.

I'm hoping that January in Philly is meaningless.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I personally don't think that the Cowboys need to worry about our division but if Philly wins and we lose were only 2.5 games ahead with the Raiders and saints coming through. While Philly has the Saints, Giants and Jets.
Hopefully this team doesn't lose focus going forward because we all talked a lot of smack. Lol.
Pretty safe, I don't think they have the horses to win the 10+ it will. I do give them alot of credit for not laying down on the season. I do think they can find their way into serious WC contention

blueblood70

Reaction score
no we are not with fans hoping they go 6-1 no way this place is unsafe!!

jeez Louise i hope they lose out don't care about the draft,,we playing real games

Sydla

Reaction score
You may not like it, but it doesn’t mean I’m wrong

This is what you do. LOL. These subtle little digs.

Cooper was on pace for around 80 catches, 1100 yards and 9-10 TDs. Acting like he's not a loss is laughable. Cowboys can mitigate it because they have a bunch of WRs but to say he's basically not a loss is LOL worthy.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
We are the only team left on their schedule after today with a winning record on their schedule. The got teams like Giants Jets and WFT. Michael Irving picked them as a wild card team. Maybe 10-7 record.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This is what you do. LOL. These subtle little digs.

Cooper was on pace for around 80 catches, 1100 yards and 9-10 TDs. Acting like he's not a loss is laughable. Cowboys can mitigate it because they have a bunch of WRs but to say he's basically not a loss is LOL worthy.

That’s a decent season for a number 2 WR, but that’s a 1000 yard season or even sub1000 if it were still a 16 game season.

I’m not saying he’s not a loss, but context is important. You’re not going to feel any kind of dramatic impact by losing the 2nd/3rd most productive receiving threat on the team. If CeeDee is playing, you guys are fine

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think the Giants have a chance to beat the Bucs tomorrow. The Bucs are beat up similar to the Cowboys and Giants have some good players coming back for this one. Plus they had a bye.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Go back and watch Secretariat’s Belmont. That’s the NFCE this year. Zero chance.

Creeper

Reaction score
Safe? No. Nothing in the NFL is "safe". Remember 28-3?

However, I don't think that they can catch us. We would have to completely fold AND they would have to catch fire. I believe that it is unlikely that either happens, but there does exist a remote possibility that it could.

The Eagles have a really easy schedule and could easily be 10-6 by the time they host the Cowboys the last game of the year. The Cowboys just need to lose 4 games to make the last game do or die situation. The Cowboys have to place KC today, then Vega, and later Arizona. Those are all good teams. Then 1 more lose to NO, Washington, or the Giants and they Cowboys could be 10-6 heading to Philly. How many times have we seen that last game mean all or nothing?

This is not over which is why the Cowboys need to get their guys on the field. They cannot afford to throw away any games.

Creeper

Reaction score

Amazing how playing without your starters can undo your team. Of course that couldn't happen to Dallas. We have Terence Steele!

Status
Not open for further replies.