Are the Cowboys too big of a market

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Having many fans across the nation might create a wave of angry fans Goodell would rather not deal with. So putting a Cowboys playoff game on a premium streaming service is not a good idea.

WB1017

Reaction score
To have a playoff game hosted on one single streaming service such as the game today vs Pittsburgh vs Bills?
Not sure what you mean. Pitt vs Buff isn’t on a streaming only service. The Peacock game is Miami vs KC. The NFL is about money. NBC paid $100M+ to have a single playoff game on Peacock and they are getting it. Dallas would always be preferred to be on non-streaming because their viewership is so vast. It’s possible Peacock would have had to have a clause “if cowboys, we will have to pay X more”. Of course, NFL knew that the Peacock game would be Sat night and they made the playoff schedule so easy to take care of that the way they and Fox wanted.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Having many fans across the nation might create a wave of angry fans Goodell would rather not deal with. So putting a Cowboys playoff game on a premium streaming service is not a good idea.
never in a million years, I don't get the point of why they're doing it now

Doomsday77

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe you mean KC and Miami but to your point it's all about the $$. Heard Peacock (NBC) paid $110m for this one game. Would hate to be a fan of either of these teams.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. Pitt vs Buff isn’t on a streaming only service. The Peacock game is Miami vs KC. The NFL is about money. NBC paid $100M+ to have a single playoff game on Peacock and they are getting it. Dallas would always be preferred to be on non-streaming because their viewership is so vast. It’s possible Peacock would have had to have a clause “if cowboys, we will have to pay X more”. Of course, NFL knew that the Peacock game would be Sat night and they made the playoff schedule so easy to take care of that the way they and Fox wanted.
Wrong teams then i'm sorry, when I looked online that's what it had

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe you mean KC and Miami but to your point it's all about the $$. Heard Peacock (NBC) paid $110m for this one game. Would hate to be a fan of either of these teams.
yes thanks sorry about that

WB1017

Reaction score
Also, if Cowboys were on Peacock, I subscribe for $5, watch, then cancel…not that big of a deal

mrmojo

Reaction score
So were nor able to see the Chief game unless we subscribe to Peacock? Hard pazs

WB1017

Reaction score
So were nor able to see the Chief game unless we subscribe to Peacock? Hard pazs
Life is about choices. Some will pay $5 for a Starbucks coffee, some won’t. Some will go to a bar and watch a game and spend $40 on food and beers. Some won’t. If the Cowboys were playing a Playoff game and I had to have Peacock, I’d pay the $5 and get the game. To me, that’s well worth it.

Again, they paid $100M+ to have one 3 hr playoff game exclusive rights. It’s all about money. Nothing more, nothing less. Later today I’ll fill up my gas tank and spend $50. That’s much less pleasurable than spending $5 to watch a NFL playoff game with pretty compelling content (cold weather, Mahomes, Tyreek back to playing old team)…If you put a $5 bill on the table and said “would you rather have that $5 or watch Miami KC playoff game” I’d choose the game. But that’s just me!

Reaction score
They've been easing the masses into it slowly with games on Amazon Prime, ESPN, NFLN,,, now Peacock... I agree, it's wrong, but these guys are always searching for new revenue streams to pay themselves and the players and the politicians, so....

Flamma

Reaction score
Life is about choices. Some will pay $5 for a Starbucks coffee, some won’t. Some will go to a bar and watch a game and spend $40 on food and beers. Some won’t. If the Cowboys were playing a Playoff game and I had to have Peacock, I’d pay the $5 and get the game. To me, that’s well worth it.

Again, they paid $100M+ to have one 3 hr playoff game exclusive rights. It’s all about money. Nothing more, nothing less. Later today I’ll fill up my gas tank and spend $50. That’s much less pleasurable than spending $5 to watch a NFL playoff game with pretty compelling content (cold weather, Mahomes, Tyreek back to playing old team)…If you put a $5 bill on the table and said “would you rather have that $5 or watch Miami KC playoff game” I’d choose the game. But that’s just me!
You are absolutely right. But this isn't a Cowboys game. From what I hear, the fans will be getting the game in Miami and in KC, just not the rest of the country unless you have Peacock.

It's only affecting out of state fans, and people that just want to watch a playoff game. Not enough for me to pay anything.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
Also, if Cowboys were on Peacock, I subscribe for $5, watch, then cancel…not that big of a deal
I can't express to you how sad it makes me that people like you feel this way. It's a HUGE deal for me, starting and canceling a streaming service is a gigantic pain in my *** and the very first time the NFL tries to get me to do it for a game I care about will be the last time I ever watch the NFL.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
AllI I know is that the NFL hit a new low when they chose to stream the KC - Miami game. Beyond absurd and a total screw to the fans.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Didn't ESPN just partner with Mickey Mouse to buy the rights to RZ from the NFL Network or something? It's all about the cake

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To have a playoff game hosted on one single streaming service such as the game today vs Pittsburgh vs Bills?
rs_250x188-140110112925-tumblr_m5qcuk4pcm1r3zat8.gif

WB1017

Reaction score
I can't express to you how sad it makes me that people like you feel this way. It's a HUGE deal for me, starting and canceling a streaming service is a gigantic pain in my *** and the very first time the NFL tries to get me to do it for a game I care about will be the last time I ever watch the NFL.
Life is about perspective. If signing up in an app, watching game, then clicking cancel is a HUGE deal (your word, all caps) then I’d hate to see how you handle major life events like death, job loss, divorce, health scares, etc. I highly doubt someone dedicated/engaged enough to the NFL to have a Cowboys forum user name and regularly post is going to “be the last time you ever watch the NFL” because they introduce another paid partner to watch content. You’re dramatizing and over exaggerating. In all honesty, if you stopped watching the NFL, no one really would care. NFL rules supreme. It’s the highest rated program week after week.