Video: Are The Dallas Cowboys Still Superbowl Contenders Without Ezekiel Elliott?

Gameover

Reaction score
They still got Dak? Then of course!

14-2

Talent out the ying yang on this team

They're about to have the best season in team history: 14-2 w the Super Bowl championship

The league isn't ready for what the Cowboys are about to unleash.. I don't think Cowboys fans are either

It's ridiculous how much talent the cowboys have!

8 years of very good to beyond great drafting is about to kick in like Jerry Flynn!

Down right giddy

Jason Garrett and McClay have built a Monster!!! And it's about to take out Tom Brady forever
The best thing about our upcoming 14-2 season is the Cowboys are going to beat the hell out of everybody, and people will still pick us to fold in the playoffs

Ain't gonna happen!

People talk about the Giants getting better because of Marshall and the other receiver. The Eagles got better because they added receivers. The Cowboys did nothing! Why is it people only see improvement from what you brought in?

The 1991 Cowboys finished with a record of 11-5. That team had a win expectancy of 8.9. Mean they performed at 9-7 level. That 9-7 level team went on to win the next season super bowl!

How did they do it.

Haley trade?

Kevin Smith and Darren Woodson draft?

None of the above!

They won it because a talented group of players all improved! The improvement came from within!

There isn't a team in this damn league that can come close to the improvements the Cowboys made this off season. Tampa Bay(who I already liked) looks to be a distant second. They aren't good enough in the trenches and the QB isn't a consistent enough passer to beat us. I could see them finishing with a 12-4 record.

The improvement from our rookies and young guys, the quality additions we did make a FA, this draft that we will get production from, that offensive line, that experienced receiving core(weakest part of the roster outside of cornerback), that running back, that QB who I believe is all time special! Those under appreciated all purpose TE. Wow! Jason Garrett has built a MONSTER! If RICO Gathers is the real deal, we could be '89 Niners, Greatest Show On Turf good

Predictions:
Neither Green Bay or Pittsburgh win 11 games. Pittsburgh might not win 10

Giants won't finish 1st or 2nd in the East

McClain
Bruce Carter
Durant
Rookie Hitchens

Veteran Hitchens
Wilson
Sean Lee
Smith(even if he's just good)

See that improvement from 2014 to 2017! Just a sample

I noticed you didn't mention a lot about the defense! - Typical Zoner

Much improved group of lineman(take a look at what we throwing out in 2014. Selvie, Hayden, Mincey.. much improved)Quality all around. Best group of LB the Cowboys have had since SB years! The Bradie James years were terrible. I believe they found a couple of hitters at safety. I don't trust or like Scandrick. Carroll was meat in Philly. But as Risen Starr has been saying all decade, who needs corners. We surely won't. Points will be scored and the passer will be rushed!

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Win a playoff game then talk to me about being Super Bowl contenders. Haven't reached a conference title game in two decades and the "Super Bowl" talk happens every other year.
true, I want to see better coaching and play in post season!
last year they looked great all year, then looked bad in playoff game, real bad at start then better, but then bad again at end.
so they may do good again this year then fold in playoffs again.
this year I think they will do good, mainly cause dak looked good in his first PS game, and run game was good without Elliot, so defense is the question mark, and they may do good and get better
as year goes along.
Dallas is a top team, but Atlanta seems to be the best team right now, and then GB will be there too, and they have now knocked us out twice recently.
Carolina might be a top team. but other than those 3 dallas is better than the rest of NFC.