Are the Rams now the favorite in the NFC?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With yesterday's signing of ODB and acquiring Von Miller the prior week, are the Rams the favorites to the NFC crowded class?

-They basically traded D. Jackson for ODB. Is there offense more explosive then the rest of the field? Probably not, but now are in the conversation. Still believe the Bucs have the best offense out of the 5, but it's real close. Each of the 5 teams are loaded on the offensive side of the football.

-Their Defense is star driven with Donald, Von Miller and Ramsey. Are they the best defense in the conference when all teams are healthy? Again, think the Bucs have the edge, especially if their secondary is healthy, but Rams are right up there. Now, the key word is healthy.

Taking off the Cowboy homer glasses, in my opinion, the Bucs maintain the favorites, but the Rams might be the next team right behind. Doesn't mean either team is unbeatable on a given day, but on paper they are the cream of the crop in the conference.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LAR have not played us yet, and TB fears playing us again. :D

I will not concern myself with any team until it is time to play them. Both teams and the possibility of playing them are a long way off.
There are 9 games left to go. and the way the top teams are dropping games in both conferences, anything can happen.

Hopefully we will be at full health on both sides of the ball going into December or more likely the week after, depending on how many games Gregory is now out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
With yesterday's signing of ODB and acquiring Von Miller the prior week, are the Rams the favorites to the NFC crowded class?

-They basically traded D. Jackson for ODB. Is there offense more explosive then the rest of the field? Probably not, but now are in the conversation. Still believe the Bucs have the best offense out of the 5, but it's real close. Each of the 5 teams are loaded on the offensive side of the football.

-Their Defense is star driven with Donald, Von Miller and Ramsey. Are they the best defense in the conference when all teams are healthy? Again, think the Bucs have the edge, especially if their secondary is healthy, but Rams are right up there. Now, the key word is healthy.

Taking off the Cowboy homer glasses, in my opinion, the Bucs maintain the favorites, but the Rams might be the next team right behind. Doesn't mean either team is unbeatable on a given day, but on paper they are the cream of the crop in the conference.
OBJ is cancer so no, the Rams are not the favorite in the NFC.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

I think if the Cowboys play the Rams, the Buccaneers, or the Packers or heck even the Cardinals in the first game, they lose. I do feel this is a one and done team. They likely win the division and lose the playoff game.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I have always been the guy who says you can't buy a championship. The Rams have a lot of personality on their team, and adding OBJ could be the nail in their coffin. He is not a teammate, he is a locker room cancer which is an intangible that beraks championship hopes. Could be wrong, but if I was a fan I'd hate having him

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
They were considered by many to be the favorite before the two recent acquisitions. They are still a serious contender, but I don't think VM and OBJ put them over the top. After watching the Ravens lay an egg in Miami last night, "any given Sunday" never rang more true.

fivetwos

Reaction score

IMO we are the 5th best team in the NFC.

I thought we could play our way into the one of the top two seeds with the right breaks.....which we aren't getting.

If we get the two seed, which comes with a favorable first round matchup and a second round home game...we have a shot.

If the injuries don't stop and we end up as the four, the playoffs are going to look awfully familiar....of the one and done variety or at best losing on the road in round two.

These games count big time. I don't care how hot they may get. No one is going to steamroll through this year's NFC on the road. Not us anyway.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
IMO we are the 5th best team in the NFC.

I thought we could play our way into the one of the top two seeds with the right breaks.....which we aren't getting.

If we get the two seed, which comes with a favorable first round matchup and a second round home game...we have a shot.

If the injuries don't stop and we end up as the four, the playoffs are going to look awfully familiar....of the one and done variety or at best losing on the road in round two.

These games count big time. I don't care how hot they may get. No one is going to steamroll through this year's NFC on the road. Not us anyway.

The bye is huge for any of the 5, as they only have to see 2 teams out of the 4.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They were considered by many to be the favorite before the two recent acquisitions. They are still a serious contender, but I don't think VM and OBJ put them over the top. After watching the Ravens lay an egg in Miami last night, "any given Sunday" never rang more true.
You noticed, when the Ravens lay an egg, they give them all the excuses, short week coming off an OT win.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Bucs/Rams
Packers
Arizona/Dallas
I always rate Arizona behind the others as well.

Then I watch them play. They are really, really good.

I've got them first in the entire league right now.

Dallas needs the right breaks to advance deep in the playoffs. They can't just show up and figure just get into the tournament and anything can happen.

While there may be some truth to that cliche, winning a tough home game followed by two road games against the leagues elite probably isn't going to happen.

They need to parlay the easy division into a top record and high seed.

I dont see this staff as wanting to put the hammer down for seeding vs wanting to get everyone as healthy as possible for that impossible task of taking on the entire NFC in January on the road.

blueblood70

Reaction score

ahh the dream team so may egos and balls to go around...

how they keep stacking talent like this without regard to the cap needs an investigated but IMHO they are no more scary then they were at the beginning of the season ie already talented playoff team..

names mean nothing ie dream team failures of the past..many teams have tried this and most of the time championships cant be bought,. This isnt the nba but even so who the the tile last season in the nba? the team with one superstar not 4..

sure it helps and they were already favorite buit doubt they are as scary as the hype that will follow them and the pressure that comes with it,,Mcvey now will be expected to win it all this year, Stafford will be expected to keep all those wrs happy, etc etc

could be great could fall apart..the cameras are now on with the brightest light expectations set, win a sb or bust because well they've already been to one with less talent..

blueblood70

Reaction score
AZ # 1 period record say it the pay on the field says it..this will work itself out in the payoffs..

Redline360

Reaction score
I think the rams, packers, cardinals, bucs can all beat us more times than not. I worry about our defense more than the others.

However getting back on topic OBJ is a cancer to teams. I give it about 3-4 weeks until he complains. Von Miller is still "good" but nothing like he once was. Still they may have the most solid team overall although Arizona has looked crazy good so far

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I think if the Cowboys play the Rams, the Buccaneers, or the Packers or heck even the Cardinals in the first game, they lose. I do feel this is a one and done team. They likely win the division and lose the playoff game.
See you on the draft thread:)