Are the Rams now the favorite in the NFC?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You noticed, when the Ravens lay an egg, they give them all the excuses, short week coming off an OT win.
the last 10 days what 7 good teams were upset and ours around here seem to eb the only one that is doom and gloom,..lol its our fans,. they overreact

wheres the blueprint talk for the rest of the league, the ravens nearly got beat by the vikes and we beat the vikes with Rush, no TS, not much of run game but all fans remember is Denver,...now the ravens lose to MIA lmao

how about the 6game win streak..

blueblood70

Reaction score
With yesterday's signing of ODB and acquiring Von Miller the prior week, are the Rams the favorites to the NFC crowded class?

-They basically traded D. Jackson for ODB. Is there offense more explosive then the rest of the field? Probably not, but now are in the conversation. Still believe the Bucs have the best offense out of the 5, but it's real close. Each of the 5 teams are loaded on the offensive side of the football.

-Their Defense is star driven with Donald, Von Miller and Ramsey. Are they the best defense in the conference when all teams are healthy? Again, think the Bucs have the edge, especially if their secondary is healthy, but Rams are right up there. Now, the key word is healthy.

Taking off the Cowboy homer glasses, in my opinion, the Bucs maintain the favorites, but the Rams might be the next team right behind. Doesn't mean either team is unbeatable on a given day, but on paper they are the cream of the crop in the conference.
not really only so many balls and reps top go around..

AZ
Bucs
Rams
Cowboys

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
You noticed, when the Ravens lay an egg, they give them all the excuses, short week coming off an OT win.
Watched ESPN this morning, RC did not have much in the way of excuses, lol. The Ravens are getting roasted, and rightfully so.

Western

Reaction score
A winning playoff football program is all about the combo of the QB, and head coach.
Brady/Arians > Stafford/McVay.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Rams are definitely the favorite IMO, but it has nothing to do with Beckham. He hasn't been good for a while now. Maybe he turns it around, but it's no guarantee

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think LA is just simply stacked & scary. After our lack of performance at home vs Denver, this team is on notice. If we play like that against the top 1-5 teams they're dropping 40+ on us. That's just the facts.
We have too many players out and too many playing with injuries.

FrankM

Reaction score
I hate the Rams; however you have to give them credit. They are making moves to try to win now. Will this work? Only time will tell.

I'm curious what they will look like in 2 to 3 years as a result of these moves and trading away draft picks. I guess if they win the SB it will be worth it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Because of two additional players? Absolutely not. And the Bucs aren't going to win back-to-back. It's only mid season to even have these type of discussions. This years Super Bowl will have two new teams who haven't been there for quite some time. Book it!

kevm3

Reaction score
On paper, they are one of the top teams. At a minimum, I respect them for being aggressive.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Miller could move the needle, OBJ not so much. Is he going to take targets away from Kuup or Woods? Probably not.

JustChip

Reaction score
I think if the Cowboys play the Rams, the Buccaneers, or the Packers or heck even the Cardinals in the first game, they lose. I do feel this is a one and done team. They likely win the division and lose the playoff game.
They won’t play either the Bucs or Packers in the 1st round since those 2 will be Division winners. And the Rams may still win their Division so that would take them out of 1st round competition.

Dallas is most likely going to be the 4th seed, possibly the 3rd. That means the 1st or 2nd Wild Card at home. Whichever of the Cards and Rams doesn’t win the West will be the top Wild Card so it’ll be that team if we’re the 4th seed.

It’s a crap shoot right now for the 2 other Wild Card teams. Too much football left. But probably pick from NO, Atlanta, Seattle, San Fran, or Minny right now. Shoot, could even bring in 1 of the East teams if one gets in a roll.

kevm3

Reaction score
The Beckham move might not be huge for them in terms of their receiving game. At a minimum, it keeps Beckham from being a contributor on a competitor like Green Bay.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
With yesterday's signing of ODB and acquiring Von Miller the prior week, are the Rams the favorites to the NFC crowded class?

-They basically traded D. Jackson for ODB. Is there offense more explosive then the rest of the field? Probably not, but now are in the conversation. Still believe the Bucs have the best offense out of the 5, but it's real close. Each of the 5 teams are loaded on the offensive side of the football.

-Their Defense is star driven with Donald, Von Miller and Ramsey. Are they the best defense in the conference when all teams are healthy? Again, think the Bucs have the edge, especially if their secondary is healthy, but Rams are right up there. Now, the key word is healthy.

Taking off the Cowboy homer glasses, in my opinion, the Bucs maintain the favorites, but the Rams might be the next team right behind. Doesn't mean either team is unbeatable on a given day, but on paper they are the cream of the crop in the conference.
We’d definitely put them up there. And with Cowboys injuries on defense we are looking more like the 4th seed behind Tampa, LA or AZ and GB.

Our defense looks to again hold us back from a deeper run.

And the fact as 4th seed will draw either LA or AZ could be another one and done.

I’d be pleased with 3 seed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Remember that Eagles "Dream Team" back in 2011. How'd that work out?
and they and an offseason to work together and played together all season. These are late add ons..

the giants did it on defense one season..fell aprt the NeXT season..

we shall see

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But as far as the Rams the favorite in NFC, they may not even win their division. But they obviously will be a very tough out if everyone is healthy.

And if they draw Dallas in 1st round WC they could have to go on the road 3 consecutive playoff games.

I’d say the worst nightmare for the NFC opponents is Packers winning home field. The rest of the home division winners venues are either inside or mild weather climates.

quickccc

Reaction score

It's looking sweet and glowing "on paper" .. but what about championship pedigree ?
what about being " clutch" when all the stakes are on the line in playoffs?

McVay got to the big dance with Jared Goff as QB,.. so he's hoping he can scheme and do it again with Matthew Stafford.

McStaff has a stronger support group as Goff did, with OBJ on the scene to join kupp woods and jefferson, ..but they currently do not have that Gurley like back., and is Matty Staff a clutch QB when it whines down in the last minutes of a game ?

we all know Brady is just flat out in a league by himself when it comes to clutch play in championship run. .he's only limited by a questionable support cast as what he had in his finaly years in NE.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Rams we’re already one of the favorites.

Every NFC game is gonna be 50/50 in the playoffs.

This is why the 1 seed is so crucial and if Tampa Bay gets it they will be nearly impossible to beat after Brady gets a week to rest his body and play at home.