Are there preseason or scrimmage games?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not sure where you’ve been but preseason games have been canceled. They’ll likely be inter-squad scrimmages. That will probably happen later in August.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Not sure where you’ve been but preseason games have been canceled. They’ll likely be inter-squad scrimmages. That will probably happen later in August.

I have been here and knew they were cancelled and then saw these tickets for sale and wondered if I missed something.

GMO415

Reaction score
All preseason cancelled.....that's saying something.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are supposed to have the annual Blue - White scrimmage. But have not seen a date announced for it yet.

glimmerman

Reaction score
They are supposed to have the annual Blue - White scrimmage. But have not seen a date announced for it yet.
I guess that’s about it. I guess we won’t be practicing with other teams either. I only fear that the first few games of the season will look sloppy and practice like.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess that’s about it. I guess we won’t be practicing with other teams either. I only fear that the first few games of the season will look sloppy and practice like.

This is why I think most teams, that feel they can contend for a playoff spot will go with vet players over UDFA's and late round picks.
They did not, and will not have enough time to evaluate them as normal. So they will stay with players that know what the deal is, and more experience.

The lower level teams may be plucking players off the practice squads later in the year. If there are some they had their eye on but could not draft or they signed elsewhere.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is why I think most teams, that feel they can contend for a playoff spot will go with vet players over UDFA's and late round picks.
They did not, and will not have enough time to evaluate them as normal. So they will stay with players that know what the deal is, and more experience.

The lower level teams may be plucking players off the practice squads later in the year. If there are some they had their eye on but could not draft or they signed elsewhere.
There will for sure be poaching going on this year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If college football postpone the season we will probably have Saturday NFL football. Not going to lie as much as I like college football, I would love to see the NFL games spread out. That 1pm Sunday time slot has to many games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If college football postpone the season we will probably have Saturday NFL football. Not going to lie as much as I like college football, I would love to see the NFL games spread out. That 1pm Sunday time slot has to many games.

That would be cool if they did that. More games and do not need Sunday Ticket. However, I stopped Sunday Ticket a long time ago. Except the year they gave it to me for free. Which reminds me, it is about time I call them, to see if I can get it free for this year. They would not do it last year.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah maybe show more games.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That would be cool if they did that. More games and do not need Sunday Ticket. However, I stopped Sunday Ticket a long time ago. Except the year they gave it to me for free. Which reminds me, it is about time I call them, to see if I can get it free for this year. They would not do it last year.
We are totally on the same page today. I was just thinking that I need to get in chat with them. I use the chat instead of calling them now. I am set to auto renew every year and if I don’t ask them for a discount they charge me the whole price in payments. They give new customers Sunday ticket for free there first year. I use that and they usually give me a discount off my bill all year to make up the price..

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are totally on the same page today. I was just thinking that I need to get in chat with them. I use the chat instead of calling them now. I am set to auto renew every year and if I don’t ask them for a discount they charge me the whole price in payments. They give new customers Sunday ticket for free there first year. I use that and they usually give me a discount off my bill all year to make up the price..

Last year they did not give me ST, but gave me $35 off a month on my bill, that ran out several months ago, but I never got around to calling them yet. But now getting near the start of the season I will. I will threaten to cancel altogether if I at least do not get that reduction again. I already cancelled my cell phone with AT&t. Actually got on my ex-wife's Sprint plan, saved me $65 a month for the exit same service, plus free Hulu and free 70 GB hotspot.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Give them a call because unless something changes dramatically in the next month, the NFL season is happening. To be honest I would not be surprised if the SEC and ACC play no matter what the rest of the NCAA does.

MikeB80

Reaction score

I hope they do not do this. Mon-thurs-sat-sun is too damn much. One of the great things about the nfl forever was that the games were on sunday and monday night. Then in december we had great matchups on saturday, two games one on nbc and one on cbs. It was perfect.

the other thing is how are they going to play on saturday when they charge people a fortune for sunday ticket? are they going to change the price or are they going to make the games unavailable on national tv.

imo they should just leave things alone and let baseball have saturdays until after the season is done and play on sat in december like always.

conner01

Reaction score
All preseason cancelled.....that's saying something.
That’s huge and hurts us
We were suppose to have extra camp and game because of a new coach
Losing that time and games really hurts new staffs

glimmerman

Reaction score
Last year they did not give me ST, but gave me $35 off a month on my bill, that ran out several months ago, but I never got around to calling them yet. But now getting near the start of the season I will. I will threaten to cancel altogether if I at least do not get that reduction again. I already cancelled my cell phone with AT&t. Actually got on my ex-wife's Sprint plan, saved me $65 a month for the exit same service, plus free Hulu and free 70 GB hotspot.
Nice. We have AT&T cell service so they give me free HBO on Directv. They always try to throw that out there like it’s a discount. I always tell them they give the Sunday ticket for free to new customers and I have been a loyal customer for 20 years and I am not paying full price for it. I threaten to cancel and they magically find a “promotional plan” to give me a 30 dollar a month discount from my bill. I didn’t do it last year and have been paying full price and my wife is pissed. Getting online with them soon. I will let you know how it goes. Lol. If they didn’t have ST I would have bundles with cable years ago. We have spectrum for our house phone and internet. For another 50 bucks a month I could have HD cable in 2 rooms and get the same channels pretty much. Explaining that to the wife is not easy as to why I don’t do it. It’s football babe. PLEASE!! Lol.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Nice. We have AT&T cell service so they give me free HBO on Directv. They always try to throw that out there like it’s a discount. I always tell them they give the Sunday ticket for free to new customers and I have been a loyal customer for 20 years and I am not paying full price for it. I threaten to cancel and they magically find a “promotional plan” to give me a 30 dollar a month discount from my bill. I didn’t do it last year and have been paying full price and my wife is pissed. Getting online with them soon. I will let you know how it goes. Lol. If they didn’t have ST I would have bundles with cable years ago. We have spectrum for our house phone and internet. For another 50 bucks a month I could have HD cable in 2 rooms and get the same channels pretty much. Explaining that to the wife is not easy as to why I don’t do it. It’s football babe. PLEASE!! Lol.

hopefully this will end soon and the nfl package will be available as a stand alone product the way baseball does it. The baseball package is 129 bucks for the year and you get every game (out of Market of course) with home and away tv and radio broadcasts. Plus the archive of every game. They made a fortune over the past 5 years or so with the mlb app.

Its time for the nfl to do the same. The world has changed so much since the mid 90s when sunday ticket was this amazing thing. there are more games in primetime so everyone is getting less from sunday ticket anyway.

this scenario you just explained has so many people who love the nfl in a bind.....Directv service is essentially unnecessary but you and so many others are paying a fortune for exclusively for it because of football...then you pay your local cable company or AT&T for internet/phone. Its crazy. I used to do it too and finally had enough one day. This situation is unfair to fans at the moment. They just need to move it all to the nfl app.