Are we becoming the new gen Patriots

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
You, young people, amuse me. The Patriots are a relatively new phenomenon when it comes to the winners measuring stick. You fail to recognize before the Pats, there was another dynasty that was just as prolific of a winner's measuring stick. This other dynasty was the first team to win 3 SBs in 4 years and has won 5 total. It's your Dallas Cowboys. So why is this thread not titled, "Are we becoming the new gen Cowboys"? It's because you have forgotten their greatness or never knew it. There is nothing wrong with recognizing the Pats historic greatness. Just stop discount the equally if not greater historic greatness of our own Dallas Cowboys.

Why do you automatically assume it's a young person? Especially since OP's profile lists him as 38 years old?

kuyyo_morro

Reaction score
Lets be practical, we are not winning 3 SBs in 5 year span. But with current coach+QB combo we will be in playoffs every alternate year as history suggests. Our division should be a cakewalk going forward.

Giants have an aging QB.
Commanders dont have a QB.
Eagles, not consistent enough. We won last 3 against them. Shut them first time with 6-0.

Expecting a playoff game every season should be normal. Winning there depends on the matchups we get. We dont match up well against Seahawks, but we do against Saints and Rams.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Play in a crappy division and win 5 games every season: check
Have a QB who no one wanted and we win with him: check
Have an aggressive GM: check
Have a smart coach: check
Have a system where everyone shines: check
Legacy: we are better

Regulars to playoffs: check. (2014, 16, 18)
:lmao::lmao2::facepalm:

Jerry and The clapper are not even close to Belichick as GM/coach. This is blind homerism at it's most egregious. This must be a troll post

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You guys fall for the OP’s bait everytime. I am certain that he is a paid troll, probably from Philly. Go check out some of his other threads, hours of amusement :lmao:

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
You, young people, amuse me. The Patriots are a relatively new phenomenon when it comes to the winners measuring stick. You fail to recognize before the Pats, there was another dynasty that was just as prolific of a winner's measuring stick. This other dynasty was the first team to win 3 SBs in 4 years and has won 5 total. It's your Dallas Cowboys. So why is this thread not titled, "Are we becoming the new gen Cowboys"? It's because you have forgotten their greatness or never knew it. There is nothing wrong with recognizing the Pats historic greatness. Just stop discount the equally if not greater historic greatness of our own Dallas Cowboys.
Because the Cowboys dynasty in the 90s lasted about 4-5 years with 3 Superbowls. The Patriots' dynasty has lasted 17 years with 5 Superbowls, in the salary cap era. It's the greatest dynasty in sports history, maybe aside from the 80s Lakers or the 90s Bulls arguably

Eddie

Reaction score
ha ha ha ha ha.

maxresdefault.jpg

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Because the Cowboys dynasty in the 90s lasted about 4-5 years with 3 Superbowls. The Patriots' dynasty has lasted 17 years with 5 Superbowls, in the salary cap era. It's the greatest dynasty in sports history, maybe aside from the 80s Lakers arguably
Why do the Pats get credit for 17 years even though they haven't won 17 SBs but you only credit the Cowboys for 4-5 years even though they were consistent SB contenders in the '70s, throughout the '80s and dominated the 90's? Respect the Star!!!

And oh, BTW, the Pats were nothing in all that time.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

5 more Super Bowls, check.

Darkhound

Reaction score

Sir.. with all due respect.. you are out of your mind.

CWR

Reaction score

I like where you are going with this lol

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I count myself as kind of a homer, but...

Man, I'll have some of what you're having OP. It's five o' clock somewhere.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, almost a duplicate of the Pats ... well, except as to the ability to get to the playoffs in consecutive years, or win consecutive playoff games, or get to the Super Bowl, or win the Super Bowl ...

landroverking

Reaction score

How about five SBs in ten years.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Why do the Pats get credit for 17 years even though they haven't won 17 SBs but you only credit the Cowboys for 4-5 years even though they were consistent SB contenders in the '70s, throughout the '80s and dominated the 90's? Respect the Star!!!

And oh, BTW, the Pats were nothing in all that time.
That's true, the Cowboys did have a great run over that time. I guess would give the edge to the Patriots run for 3 reasons:
1) they did it in the salary cap era when it's much more difficult to maintain a great roster
2) they've been to 3 other Superbowls during this time, on top of the 5 they've won
3) I believe they've been to the playoffs every year since they're first SB, except the year they went 11-5 with Cassel.

Not trying to diminish the Cowboys great run, I'd just give the edge to the Patriots