Video: Are we ready for "IT"

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
One of the saddest passages I've ever read in a novel -- and I've read a hell of a lot of fiction -- was when King wrote of the little boy asking his dad to please stop beating him in the head with a hammer and how he loved his daddy (****, it wrecks me writing this, however many years later). I actually cried. Not even reading Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, or DeLillo have I cried. That passage wrecked me.

King has always been a guilty pleasure of mine (pre-1990), I hope this film delivers, as his films often don't

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be next to impossible for this movie to be as close to good as the book just for lack of screen time alone.

From what I gathered this movie might just be the kids and not adults vs it... Hopefully that might be better with time issues. Maybe they make a second one with the adults vs it.

robbieruff

Reaction score
One of the saddest passages I've ever read in a novel -- and I've read a hell of a lot of fiction -- was when King wrote of the little boy asking his dad to please stop beating him in the head with a hammer and how he loved his daddy (****, it wrecks me writing this, however many years later). I actually cried. Not even reading Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, or DeLillo have I cried. That passage wrecked me.

King has always been a guilty pleasure of mine (pre-1990), I hope this film delivers, as his films often don't
Great share. My fave King read was the compilation of short stories, Night Shift. And yeah - abuse of power was always a core theme in his story telling, whether it parental, ecclesiastical, or even law enforcement. Always had that going on in his plots. Wonder what that says about his childhood.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I have yet to read one of King's novels. I do read the compilations of his short stories and they are terrific. I also read his 4 novellas compiled in Different Seasons and it was fantastic.
His pre-1990 novels are fantastic. I'm a literary snob and adore them.

His shorts are great, too, as you pointed out, Joe.

Y'all should check out his On Writing. He thrashes several authors, it's great. His Danse Macabre is also spectacular and highlights some of the greats

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No hell no. Thanks to a clown picture my grandmother painted and my mom hung in my room as a child, I have coulrophobia which is the fear of clowns. The eyes on this clown followed me everywhere in my room and glowed at night.
They're out to get you!:eek:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
LoL I had a married gal come by to visit me once when the book first came out ,I wasn't home and she left a lasagna and that 'it' book between my screen door and front door,,, when I got home around sunrise I was afraid to eat that lasagna after reading the cover of that Stephen King book as it kinda wigged me out a little, :lmao:
I guess his dark tower series were the most memorable for me,I recall reading a book titled
' Stinger' by Richard Bachman and kept thinking this is some Stephen King ****,,,come to find out, it was one of his 'pen' names he's used:lmao::lmao2::lmao: