Are we switching back to a 3-4 scheme with Zimmer

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
When is the last time we ran a 3-4 defense? Wade Phillips with Dware? It will be really interesting to see what the personnel decisions are over free agency because we have no linebackers and we are going to need a few to run a true 3-4 defense. Micah will obviously fit right in as a pass rushing linebacker but I wonder if we try to convert some of our other DEs to linebacker like Sam Williams possibly? No more safeties at linebacker please.

exciter

Reaction score
When is the last time we ran a 3-4 defense? Wade Phillips with Dware? It will be really interesting to see what the personnel decisions are over free agency because we have no linebackers and we are going to need a few to run a true 3-4 defense. Micah will obviously fit right in as a pass rushing linebacker but I wonder if we try to convert some of our other DEs to linebacker like Sam Williams possibly? No more safeties at linebacker please.
No! Zimmer ran a 34 for a total of one season at the behest of Parcels then went back to his traditional 43 in Cincinnati and Minnesota!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
no telling, have to just wait and see on this and all other things with the cowboys.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I would guess it's possible you see some traits of a 3-4 to make the most of Parsons, but I doubt you see a true 3-4 from Zimmer. He's always been a 4-3/4-2 type of DC.
well we have a 3T in odigi. floyd could stay on as d-line coach with zim around. we need true DE to run his scheme. everyone we have is more a edge hybrid LB. we need min 2 ILb and a solid NT

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Today's defensive lines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Why would we go to a 3-4 with a new DC who every year but one ran a four man front?

Everyone plays nickel most of the time anyway these days

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
When he had us as one of the top D’s we were a 4-3??? I thought…

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Nope. We are switching back to that which already failed hard here decades ago.

We are switching back to the perpetual 8-8 mind set.