Are we targetting any FA safeties?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know this is about Safeties but on another position that might make our offense very good is Emmanuel Sanders replacing Cobb.
I like Cooper and Gallup on the outside than having Sanders in the slot.

I'm all for sanders. However with or without him we have what looks to be a very potent offense. Where we need help, either top end or depth is the defense and more specifically the DB's need help.

garyv

Reaction score
I'm all for sanders. However with or without him we have what looks to be a very potent offense. Where we need help, either top end or depth is the defense and more specifically the DB's need help.

I am expecting CB and Safety early in draft but there are solid options available in free agency right now. I say
we sign one more DT, one CB and one Safety than draft one of each too. We can be much improved fast.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Cowboys sign a safety in FA. Who are you interested in?

From the NFL top 100 list-

#20 Von Bell

#37 Clinton Dix

#39 Damarious Randall

#46 Karl Joseph

#64 Adrian Phillips

#82 Clayton Geathers

They didn't seem interested in Dix when he was a free agent last time but i think he'd certainly help us at SS. Could we bring in Karl to compete with a rookie we draft?
Well, since Dix n Randall seem to be out based off info in this thread...it would be cool to know what Nolan prefers at SS.

Thumpers: Bell n Geathers
Balanced: Joseph n Phillips

Honestly, I'd be ok with any of these 4.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, since Dix n Randall seem to be out based off info in this thread...it would be cool to know what Nolan prefers at SS.

Thumpers: Bell n Geathers
Balanced: Joseph n Phillips

Honestly, I'd be ok with any of these 4.

considering we have no one i hope they pull the trigger and land one of them.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
No one can replace the immortal Jeff Heath..............................

Mr_437

Reaction score
considering we have no one i hope they pull the trigger and land one of them.
They better. I forgot to add Reshard Jones in the mix, and Jerry probably won't even consider Eric Reid.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Re-signing Thompson not good enough for you? I figured his All-Pro talent would satisfy? Apparently you are like most and never satisfied with what we have.

reddyuta

Reaction score
history should tell you what they think of the safety position,just wait for a late Rd pick in the draft.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well Malcolm Jenkins just signed with the Saints for 4 years at 32 million according to NFL network.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I know we don’t ever like to believe that the answer might be in house, but Donavan Wilson really looked like he could be something. Maybe you draft a guy and let them compete. None of the guys available are all that appealing to me.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Anyone still onboard with trading our first for Adams? Lot of holes to still fill though at corner and dline.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Bell is ranked 20th on their list? That seems a bit overvalued.

Dix is more a FS and it appears they are sold on Woods, at least for now. But I'd still love to have him.

Joseph seems like an obvious choice to take over for Heath.
Seems to me a safety and CB are our #1 & #2 picks.

We need also a DT but FA might provide that.

I just want nobody drafted for offense.

We are 2 or 3 deep on offense while the defensive cupboards are bare.