Are you a Cowboys Fan or a Cowboys Follower?

notherbob

Reaction score
I define a fan as an abbreviation of the word fanatic and the fan lives and dies based on the performance of the team he/she idolizes. Wins put them in ecstasy while losses make them greatly angry or depressed.

I define a follower as a person who reads about the team and who watches the games but does not become emotionally involved, win or lose, sports writers and general pro football fans usually are more followers than fans of any given team.

I started off in 1961 as a follower and in the mid-1960s became a rabid fan until after Jimmy left and I have gradually morphed back into a follower. I enjoy watching the games but it has little effect on me whether they win or lose.

What are you? Is there a reason? Do you care?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I define a fan as an abbreviation of the word fanatic
Well that is the actual definition of fan so good work :laugh2:

I'm a fan...most of the board is a fan. This has been discussed.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Unfortunately Im a fan and Sunday's loss was a real kick in the nuts. I hate them dirty Broncos, now I have to listen to and get crap from everyone I know for the next 4 years.

SC Cowboyfan

Reaction score
I think most people that log in are fans. The casual follower would not waste his/her time....
For me, when the Cowboys win, I get a lot of work done throughout the week. After a loss, I'm pissed off and don't do much till the next game...
I wish I could be just a follower but I can't get my self detached from the team.......:D

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nothing but fans on this board.

You just have to many people that hear someones opinion in the media and they latch onto it and can't form their own opinion.

For Example if Wade went 13-3 every year and the media kept claiming he isn't a good coach than eventually a percentage of people would latch onto that regardless of the results.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If you take the time to read this place, you are emotional involved, therefore a fan.

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
Over the last 10 years Jerry is slowly turning me from a rabid fan into a follower....he has made me apathetic about this team and football in general. I guess I can only watch this team play dumb, heartless football for so many years. I was spoiled by the 70's, early 80's and 90's Cowboys. They played with a purpose and passion. I can take losing as I also suffered greatly during Coach Landry's final years, JJ's early seasons and the Switzer, Gailey, and Campo Dark Ages. BP brought me hope, but alas Jerry ran him out as well. But nothing has really changed in the way this team plays going back to Switzer to today. The talent is much better than what Gailey and Campo had, but the team plays exactly the way to has for 10 years...Jerry, you are slowly sucking the life right out me....

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
For now a fan, but so far this season (except for the Panthers game) I keep becoming a little less emotionally invested. My choices are getting angry after the losses, although I've never been more angry at the Cowboys as I was after the Giants game, or just trying not to care as much.

I am becoming more apathetic about the Cowboys this season though, but I still spend all my time reading about them, and I never miss a game.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Started off as a follower. Became a fan. But I'm somewhere in between now.

The last time I got really, really, really upset over a loss was that 2006 Commanders loss where Taylor blocked the field goal.

It's too hard being a fan of the Cowboys. They just disappoint so much that I've grown numb.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
this time last year i would have said interested observer as i'd only got into it about a week previous. don't get me wrong first and foremost i'm a soccer and specifically celtic fan and if for some reason there was a clash between games i'd be watching celtic without any thought. celtic winning or losing means a lot more to me than the cowboys as would be expected since i've been following them since i could walk as opposed to for the last year. with that being said i sit up till after four in the morning watching games or for the early kick-offs that aren't on the tv over here will plan my day around being home at 6pm to watch the game online and the result will definately affect my mood. i've even taken to watching wades daily press conferance on the website though thats probably more to do with boredom in work than anything insightful he has to offer. :rolleyes:
basically if anyone was to ask i'd answer that i'm a celtic fan, got my season ticket and travel to away games (going to germany to see us play in a couple of weeks), and by anyones definition i would definately be classed a fan. whether people consider me fanatical enough to be called a fan of the cowboys also is for them to decide. all i know is that i plan my sundays round watching the games, spend time reading up on articles and on the website and have wracked up over 800 posts on here in a little over a year so i would definately imagine i'm veering towards being a fan. too much so according to my girlfriend who was already not a fan of the time, emotion and money i invest following celtic :D

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
To me, the Boys are like a long-running TV show with a lot of cast changes over the years. If it sounds like I'm describing a soap opera, maybe I am.

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
bbgun;3003916 said:
To me, the Boys are like a long-running TV show with a lot of cast changes over the years. If it sounds like I'm describing a soap opera, maybe I am.

They definately have enough drama to rival any TV series/soap...:D :D

Craig

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
craig71;3003917 said:
They definately have enough drama to rival any TV series/soap...:D :D

Craig

now if only we could come up with a name for a soap about the dallas cowboys

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
I'm a football enthusiast. A few years ago I started really getting involved with watching football in an attempt to learn more about the game itself incase I ever wanted to coach one day. Do I love the Dallas Cowboys? No doubt! Does it infuriate me when they lose? Not always...for example when we lost to New England in 2007 I wasn't horribly upset, but when we lost to Pittsburgh last year I was more than upset.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
daschoo;3003919 said:
now if only we could come up with a name for a soap about the dallas cowboys

"Hard Knocks" or "4th and Long" are my guesses...

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
bbgun;3003926 said:
"As the Stomach Turns"

:laugh2: i was really just going for a basic dallas referance but yeah that unfortunately sounds about right.