Are you a Cowboys Fan or a Cowboys Follower?

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
52FAN-NFL-DAL.jpg

craig71

Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
Reaction score
daschoo;3003919 said:
now if only we could come up with a name for a soap about the dallas cowboys

Dallas:"The Depression Years".....:D

Craig

billybyrd

Reaction score
SC Cowboyfan;3003763 said:
I think most people that log in are fans. The casual follower would not waste his/her time....
For me, when the Cowboys win, I get a lot of work done throughout the week. After a loss, I'm pissed off and don't do much till the next game...
I wish I could be just a follower but I can't get my self detached from the team.......:D
me neither

notherbob

Reaction score
Hostile;3003779 said:
If you take the time to read this place, you are emotional involved, therefore a fan.

No fair using logic.

I didn't think logic was aloud (deliberate misspelling - yeah, I know, lousy pun.) on football forums.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
notherbob;3003726 said:
I define a fan as an abbreviation of the word fanatic and the fan lives and dies based on the performance of the team he/she idolizes. Wins put them in ecstasy while losses make them greatly angry or depressed.

I define a follower as a person who reads about the team and who watches the games but does not become emotionally involved, win or lose, sports writers and general pro football fans usually are more followers than fans of any given team.

I started off in 1961 as a follower and in the mid-1960s became a rabid fan until after Jimmy left and I have gradually morphed back into a follower. I enjoy watching the games but it has little effect on me whether they win or lose.

What are you? Is there a reason? Do you care?

if you over 2000 posts on a team website.....uh youre a fanatic ;)

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Follower now. A few years ago I was rabid.

Jerry Jones playing GM and head coach has changed me over the past two years.

I just follow it with semi-interest now.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Definately a fan. But my lows are much more intense than my highs.

When we win, I'm happy. Maybe a better word would be content or satisfied. I expect to win so it doesn't phase me a great deal.

When we lose, I get very pissed off. I stay away from everything football related for at least 24 hours. Losing is totally unacceptable to me. And if it's a game I know we should have won, that compounds it even more.

But... by Thursday the worst is behind me and I'm gradually gaining optimism towards Sunday.

I don't know if that makes me a good fan or a bad one, but this team definitely has a way of playing with my emotions.

jgboys1

Reaction score
This may sound crazy, but when the Cowboys lose I almost feel ashamed and embarresed, but with the Wade Phillips error, it is getting easer to take these loses, because I do not expect much from them anymore, sad to say.

Every one who knows me, knows that I am a big Cowboy fan, maybe because I wear a Cowboy shirt or jacket several days a week. I feel like I am emotionaly atached to the team. It kills me when they lose.:bang2:

Bluestarr1

Reaction score
notherbob;3003726 said:
I define a fan as an abbreviation of the word fanatic and the fan lives and dies based on the performance of the team he/she idolizes. Wins put them in ecstasy while losses make them greatly angry or depressed.

I define a follower as a person who reads about the team and who watches the games but does not become emotionally involved, win or lose, sports writers and general pro football fans usually are more followers than fans of any given team.

I started off in 1961 as a follower and in the mid-1960s became a rabid fan until after Jimmy left and I have gradually morphed back into a follower. I enjoy watching the games but it has little effect on me whether they win or lose.

Great Post...
I have been following since 1965. I live and die with the results also and continue to do so.
Just now in my older years have been become more vocal and do not follow blindly and challenge the direction of this team.

But what I define as a diehard is never missing the games for which I have not missed one since 1981 and only a couple from 65-81 living in San Diego a couple of years before satellites.

JoeyBones31

Reaction score
notherbob;3003726 said:

Basically , I really don't understand what your question is posing? Are you a fan, or someone who just "follows" the Cowboys? Excuse me , but aren't they in reality one in the same things?

I've been a fan since 1960, I was 7 years old, yet I lived through the tough times on no win seasons, 1-15 seasons, and of course the great ones when we won championships.

No one can measure a persons fandom or what they believe in, because most people that are fans have one and only one professional team they would live or die for, that would be the Dallas Cowboys in my case, as are the NY Yankees in Baseball.

Someone who just follows the team is either a big-time bettor, or is one of those bandwagon fans, jumping on when they are winning and cruising along, but, hardcore fans support and cheer for their teams through the tough times and through adversity. that's the mark of a "True football fan" .

Just my two cents !

zeroburrito

Reaction score
i'm a fan, but i lose the emotional part the next day. i totally block out football until the next sunday(if we lose). i guess you could call blocking everything out emotion as well.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Hostile;3003779 said:
If you take the time to read this place, you are emotional involved, therefore a fan.

or you just enjoy self torture or have a split personality ----I am a fan because I like the star on the helmet:)

Mansta54

Reaction score
zeroburrito;3004802 said:
i'm a fan, but i lose the emotional part the next day. i totally block out football until the next sunday(if we lose). i guess you could call blocking everything out emotion as well.

You're in for a loooong year, cause the Foreskins SUCK this year bigtime..

ladiewolve

Reaction score
I have been a fan for many years and will forever remain a Cowboys fan through the good and the bad. I will never be a fence sitter or a bandwagon jumper.
I will always be emotionally involved with the Cowboys! After a loss I get depressed but I do get over it and look forward to the next game with high hopes!

Go Cowboys!!!!:star:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
notherbob;3003726 said:

Everyday my hard working hands rest on a symbol of the franchise that I love. Over the years it has gotten pretty worn though.

4001276668_0660e5e265.jpg

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Hmmmm....

What am I?

I love football and have been a fan/follower of the Cowboys for over 35 years.

I spend to much time here and to much time watching NFLN. I watch to many beautiful fall afternoons turn into night while I'm inside, glued to a TV.

At the end of the game though, my wife has to ask me if they won or loss because she can't tell by my attitude.

I love my Cowboys but in the end I just can't be affected emotionally beyond the 60 minutes of playing time by something I cannot control and that does not really affect my life one iota other then to be able to say "yea, my team won".

notherbob

Reaction score
Vtwin;3004953 said:
Hmmmm....

What am I?

I love football and have been a fan/follower of the Cowboys for over 35 years.

I spend to much time here and to much time watching NFLN. I watch to many beautiful fall afternoons turn into night while I'm inside, glued to a TV.

At the end of the game though, my wife has to ask me if they won or loss because she can't tell by my attitude.

I love my Cowboys but in the end I just can't be affected emotionally beyond the 60 minutes of playing time by something I cannot control and that does not really affect my life one iota other then to be able to say "yea, my team won".

Yeah, that's pretty much how I feel except that we no longer have tv since it got knocked out by a storm about six months ago and we like the peace and quiet so much we haven't bothered to get a new one. I watch the games on streaming video on the computer.

It is truly a behavioral habit with me in that I have been paying so much attention to the team for so long that I feel incomplete and stressful if I don't have it so I am slowly withdrawing from rabidity. I now spend less time involved with thinking about the Cowboys and paying more attention to other more important things in my life.

I used to visit many other forums and now I am down to two and I'm starting to spend a little less time on them.

Life goes on and it's good.