Video: Are you a Dak fan or a Cowboys fan

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Many here will claim they are Cowboys fans yet they want to handicap the team with an average QB at center who isn’t a dual threat QB, a running QB, nor a pocket passing QB. He doesn’t even fit in a category because he’s average/mediocre in the ones I listed. Tell me, how is paying a QB that has shown us practically nothing worth 35-40 mil dollars? I get it’s market price, but when it was time for Alex Smith to get paid “market price” at the time, the Chiefs let him go because he did NOT prove enough. They drafted Mahomes and took off. Dallas should follow suit.

LLLOOOLLL, one of my Big 4 to strike first.

Flamma

Reaction score
You mean the team as a whole was more successful? Because this season he put up his best numbers. I've always maintained that there those who claim he's an elite HOFer and those who say he's average. They're both wrong and he is and has been the same every year, though I think we saw a significant improvement this past season.

I agree. I think he's better than average. I also agree with his numbers. But his numbers this year don't impress me. 90% of them came against 4 win teams or in garbage time when the games were all but over.

I've seen some improvement. But he definitely needs some more. Just not sure what to pay him due to that.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Solid video on whether to pay Dak or not. This pretty much wraps up all the CZ talking points into 1 video.

This is B.S. The answer is we all are Cowboy fans or we would not have put up with Jerry's World for 25 years. I was a Cowboy fan when they lost in the NFL title game to Greenbay, lost to the Colts, and Steelers in the Super Bowl, and when they traded Tony Dorsett.

However, how many losing seasons did Prescott have as Cowboy, as a Miss St. Bulldog QB, as a High School QB, and as a Junior High School QB? Answer to all are 0, none, and never. He has given Dallas 2 NFC East Division Championships in those 4 non losing seasons and 1 playoff victory.

What is Dak Prescott completion percentage? 40%, 50%, or 60%? Answer is 65.8% and he is 64.1% in the playoffs.

What is Dak Prescott passer rating? 60, 70, 80, 90? Answer 97 passer rating and finished with a top 10 passer rating 2 of 4 season.

Dak Prescott is not a 7,8,9,10 year veteran. He just completed his fourth NFL season as a 4th round pick in 2016 with 7 QBs drafted ahead of him. He definitely passed the 3 year rule.

No Dak Prescott is not Patrick Mahomes just like Jason Garrett is not Andy Reid or Bill Belichick. But when Joe Montana was drafted and John Elway was drafted, everyone thought that Elway was going to win more Super Bowls. Let Dak career play out like we let Meredith, Staubach, Aikman, and Romo.

There is a famous scene in the movie "A Time to Kill". It fits the Cowboy fans not facing the truth, and that do not think Dak Prescott is the answer at QB for this Cowboys team.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing compares to Dak's greatness!
Dak baby all the way to the Garbage highway!!!!!

If it's not Dak it's not GREAT!!!!!

CB61

Reaction score
i’m a cowboys fan that wants to see the team win a super bowl who recognizes that paying dak the money he wants would make the super bowl dream very difficult! no offense to dak!

i would love to do what the titans are doing and sign a teddy bridgewater type and invest heavily in defense! go for a run with that type of team while the cowboys still have the oline and zeke!
The only problem is just that we have a lot invested in Prescott at this time it would be in our best interest to have him moving forward but I agree tagging him for one more year and let's see if Improvement continues ? but on the other hand if you wait a year to sign him you could we talkin about astronomical numbers they should have got the deal done before the season started I have a feeling that it will end up costing us a lot more money in the long run

CB61

Reaction score
Or he simply wants to test free agency or at least listen to the buzz about interest? The problem is someone had mentioned here a lot earlier in the year that who really would be looking for his services as a starter? I mean teams that are desperately looking for a quarterback or going to address it in the draft for a lot cheaper

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Solid video on whether to pay Dak or not. This pretty much wraps up all the CZ talking points into 1 video.

Another somebody with zero NFL experience who doesn't see any live practices or sits in any meetings and based his non-experienced opinions half way through the season. Now Goff took the rams to the Super Bowl last season and this season had almost the exact same yardage as last season but this season he diodn't get any near the help from Gurley and his receivers as hen did last season. Wentz, that one I some what agree with.what was said in this video. I am a Cowboys fan and McCarthy, Jerry and Stephen are Prescott fans. I'm a Cowboys fan even if I may not like a player, coach or management.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Another somebody with zero NFL experience who doesn't see any live practices or sits in any meetings and based his non-experienced opinions half way through the season. Now Goff took the rams to the Super Bowl last season and this season had almost the exact same yardage as last season but this season he diodn't get any near the help from Gurley and his receivers as hen did last season. Wentz, that one I some what agree with.what was said in this video. I am a Cowboys fan and McCarthy, Jerry and Stephen are Prescott fans. I'm a Cowboys fan even if I may not like a player, coach or management.

Goff is not that good.

I said that before he was drafted..

I said that his rookie year..

I said that during last season when everyone was hyping him.

I'm still saying it now.

I thought Dak was incredible as a Rookie but we haven't seen a whole lot to think he can ever be more then what he is and what he is would be fine if there wasn't a salary cap but unfortunately we play under a salary cap and for 35 million Dak Prescott is absolutely horrible value.

I would take Dak over Jared Goff too btw but just because another team got stupid and paid their QB doesn't mean we have to.

Dallas fans and NFL GM's need to wake up and take notice that QB's on rookie deals and Elite vets taking a paycut are what wins SUPERBOWLS. I want a Superbowl!

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Lacking in his discussion is an answer to the question "What alternative do you prefer?" Don't want to pay Dak? What do you want to do instead?

Temporize and franchise him for a year? If you end up wanting him, that 100mil guaranteed goes up, and gets added to the 33mil you've already spent.

Franchise and trade him? Let's assume you can make the deal. Then what do you plan to do at QB?

I've thought the way to go as a long term process is to churn running QBs until you find that guy you think can be a pocket passer too that justifies that top QB salary. That requires making the investment in drafting and developing them, which we haven't done.

For me the question is, if Dak isn't good enough, who would be? Should you wait until you get a Russell Wilson? Aaron Rodgers? Really, it's HOF QB or just keep churning until you get one?

Maybe that should be the strategy. It used to be that you could win a SB with a crap QB. Or a meh QB on a run. It still happens, but since Aikman, I only see 6 SBs by non-HOF QBs, and those include Eli.

Interesting thing about those QBs. I see some #1 picks. Some first rounders. Some 2nd. A 3rd. A grocery bagger. A 6th round pick.

I think Dak is enough, and should keep improving. If you don't think he's enough to pay, you're waiting for a HOFer.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Goff is not that good.

I'm still saying it now.

I thought Dak was incredible as a Rookie but we haven't seen a whole lot to think he can ever be more then what he is and what he is would be fine if there wasn't a salary cap but unfortunately we play under a salary cap and for 35 million Dak Prescott is absolutely horrible value.

I would take Dak over Jared Goff too btw but just because another team got stupid and paid their QB doesn't mean we have to.

Dallas fans and NFL GM's need to wake up and take notice that QB's on rookie deals and Elite vets taking a paycut are what wins SUPERBOWLS. I want a Superbowl!

The only truly top tier QB that took a "pay cut" was Brady and he really didn't lose that much money since most of the salary was converted to bonuses. He's going to be a free agent when the new league year starts and the patriots are going to have to eat 30 mil in dead money. Also he could afford to do it since his wife has made more money than he has.

Every year the salary goes up on all positions. Yes QB's goes up higher, but that is just part of the game. At some point the owners will have to put an end to escalating contracts and my guess it will be when the new TV contracts have to be done and they possibly don't get as much money from the networks.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Goff is not that good.

I'm still saying it now.

I always said because one team was stupid, you don't have to be but you will hear that is the going rate for the position.