Video: Are you a Dak fan or a Cowboys fan

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If they are still at the impasse of the years of the deal, they might have to tag him. They're trying to stay out of what they know is coming, 40-50M QB salaries or you stick with a QB in his 1st contract.

The other thing that is the most critical part of this is the optimistic and positive outlook of the man making the decision. He will overlook warts and believes a player plays better because he's paid better. Prescott looks better to him than most of us and he's his bragging rights 4th rounder.

The other side of this is they have Prescott now, he's a name for a 2nd Tier QB and if they did let him walk and did worse after him, the ego hit would be a tough one for Booger.
Typically, you don't franchise players unless you're unsure. At the level Prescott has played for 4 seasons, there's no way the FO moves on from him. Prescott isn't perfect like some fans expect, but he's a franchise player.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Isn’t that what it takes to win a Super Bowl? Great pieces around your qb?

Almost always, I believe that this is the truth. It's interesting because I see the teams this year and it's really an opportunity to test and prove that theory IMO.

Niners over the Vikes, while I think both of those teams tried the right approach, the Niners to me are the most complete team on both lines. They were just better then the Vikes and they moved on but each has a lot of talent surrounding very manageable QB contracts right now. I don't love Jimmy G but with that team, he has a good chance.

Titans over the Ravens, Titans are doing it with a very average QB but a really strong Running Game and a well coached Defense. Ravens, to me, are way too one dimensional. They rely on Jackson, who is great but, is limited in his ability to expand the Offense. It's all on him and that's bad in the Playoffs. Titans moving on with an inferior QB but a much better team overall IMO.

Chiefs are in a unique position to make a lot of noise right now but they gotta do it right now because that QB is going to kill their ability to keep talent very soon. But wow, that Offense is explosive. They will be a really tough out for sure. Texans just got out classed.

Packers over Seattle. These teams, to me, are two sides of the same coin. Both teams have great talent at the most important position but nothing much else. Seattle, to me, is terrible everywhere else. Don't like their WRs, Running Game is just so, so, Defense is bad. Packers, well, they have a little more Offensively but honestly, I think they are where they are because they are playing in Green Bay. If that game is in Seattle, I think they get beat. Hell, I think they get beaten by anybody in the Playoffs if they have to play on the road but that's just my opinion. Thing is, both of these teams used to be loaded but both teams spent a lot of money at QB and now, they are effectively week in every other area. I don't like either of these teams other then at QB. That's what happens when you over pay at QB IMO but again, we'll see how it plays out.

It will be interesting......

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak UNDER PRESSURE is flat out garbage. He not only throws interceptions, he leads the league in fumbles, so I'm not sure why people harp on what he did this year in perfect conditions. Winston didn't even have that advantage of teams dead set on stopping the run. In 2017 Dak threw 67% completion percentage while turning the ball over. The difference is Dak holds on to the ball, when the pressure comes, which lead to fumbles, WInston will sling it no matter what.

Comparing him with his OL this year to Winston in Tampa Bay, while Winston was sacked 47 times, double what Dak was. Their OL was garbage while Dak's was not. Plus, Dak's coaches had a RG which they could fall back on.

It's completely different conditions. Does that mean I'd want Winston? Nope.. But if you are talking 15 million versus 40 million, while you draft a QB, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

But I want Phillip Rivers for a year, while we draft a QB.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak UNDER PRESSURE is flat out garbage. He not only throws interceptions, he leads the league in fumbles, so I'm not sure why people harp on what he did this year in perfect conditions. Winston didn't even have that advantage of teams dead set on stopping the run. In 2017 Dak threw 67% completion percentage while turning the ball over. The difference is Dak holds on to the ball, when the pressure comes, which lead to fumbles, WInston will sling it no matter what.

Comparing him with his OL this year to Winston in Tampa Bay, while Winston was sacked 47 times, double what Dak was. Their OL was garbage while Dak's was not. Plus, Dak's coaches had a RG which they could fall back on.

It's completely different conditions. Does that mean I'd want Winston? Nope.. But if you are talking 15 million versus 40 million, while you draft a QB, I'd be perfectly fine with it.

But I want Phillip Rivers for a year, while we draft a QB.
Phillip Rivers? Smh.

irving

Reaction score
Dude Ryan Tannehill just beat Tom Brady.

I think we can afford a little drop off at QB and still be ok because the guy throwing the ball for us now is not that affective anyways.

Daks not making amazing plays that are elevating the offense. Dak is just running the offense.
Henry rushed for 182 yards against the Pats, and he had 204 all purpose yards. Tannehill threw for 72 yards against the Pats. The Titans have a overpowering offfensive line and a dominant running back, all Tannehill has been asked to do in both playoff games, is not make mistakes.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Henry rushed for 182 yards against the Pats, and he had 204 all purpose yards. Tannehill threw for 72 yards against the Pats. The Titans have a overpowering offfensive line and a dominant running back, all Tannehill has been asked to do in both playoff games, is not make mistakes.

Dak has access to all of those things and more. We have a much more talented offense then the Titans.

Dak couldn't get the offense going in New Orleans, New England (all field goals), or Philadelphia (all field goals).

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dak has access to all of those things and more. We have a much more talented offense then the Titans.

Dak couldn't get the offense going in New Orleans, New England (all field goals), or Philadelphia (all field goals).
Yes because dak runs the ball and run blocks. The run game was not good this year

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Philly is really the only one that bothered me to any significant degree. NO and NE couldn't get any offense going either, and although I know Brees didn't play in the NO game, he did when we played them in 2018 and it was the same kind of game but with the Cowboys coming out on top.

I really blamed the game plan and play calling for the NO game. I think the Cowboys went ultra conservative, probably thinking they would beat NO easily without Brees unless they made mistakes, so they played it too safe. Against NE the weather was a huge factor for both teams.

Philly, on the other hand, was a must win game and they laid an egg. The game the previous week against Buffalo was pretty disappointing too.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Yes because dak runs the ball and run blocks. The run game was not good this year

we are going to ignore the fact that the Titans actually play good special teams and how their offense only scored 14 points against the patriots, despite NOT playing them in a monsoon like the cowboys did.

cowfan

Reaction score
There is some good QB prospects in this draft too and even vets like Derek Carr and Marcus Mariotta could come in and run our offense and we wouldn’t see a huge drop off.

35 Million is just too much for what Dak offers.
Marcus Mariotta was benched in Tennessee so you actually want himto start for the Cowboys. Mariotta can't even run the Titans offense which is even more run heavy than the Cowboys. Jon Gruden may actually dump Carr. Have all the criticism of Dak you want, but at least make sense.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I really thought Dak took a huge step forward this year than the second half of the season came and he was wildly inconsistent.

There were a few games where you would be hard-pressed to find a ball that was on time and accurate. Most of his completions were behind the WR, high or low, very few were what I would consider being good throws.

Not sure if his mechanics slipped or what was going on, but it's hard not to be a bit concerned.

Also not sure if Amari's dip in production had something to do with that as well. There were times when he looked completely disinterested, just as he did with the Raiders.

Going to be interesting to see what they do with those 2 this offseason. You can make a case for long term deals, as well as using the franchise and transition tags on one or both.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
we are going to ignore the fact that the Titans actually play good special teams and how their offense only scored 14 points against the patriots, despite NOT playing them in a monsoon like the cowboys did.
of course lol. dak plays special teams too don't you watch the games. tHe eYe TeSt!!

DStar22

Reaction score
Cowboys fan. Dak is good at QB at a certain price where we can afford to put pieces around him to succeed. Otherwise, we need to draft a top qb. I'll leave it up to Mccarthy to decide whether he wants Dak or not.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Well I hate to burst people’s bubbles,but Dallas will be winning again...sooo the price will skyrocket. I’d like a better arm myself,but Dallas will sign him so I say do it right now. Tag him and they’ll pay through nose for it later crippling other positions.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well I hate to burst people’s bubbles,but Dallas will be winning again...sooo the price will skyrocket. I’d like a better arm myself,but Dallas will sign him so I say do it right now. Tag him and they’ll pay through nose for it later crippling other positions.
Like 20 something milly a year for 5 sack Lawrence because they waited.

willia451

Reaction score
I can't get those 11 minutes back. They are gone forever. Thanks OP. :-(

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wonder if the threads will develop beyond 5th grade level bickering before the draft.