Video: Are you a Dak fan or a Cowboys fan

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Marcus Mariotta was benched in Tennessee so you actually want himto start for the Cowboys. Mariotta can't even run the Titans offense which is even more run heavy than the Cowboys. Jon Gruden may actually dump Carr. Have all the criticism of Dak you want, but at least make sense.

Yeah I don’t really want to get into who did what where if I’m bringing in a FA QB..

I know I’m likely downgrading a little and maybe we get improvement with a guy like Mariotta in our environment.

Derek Carr, Dalton, Mariotta, possibly Brady, maybe Winston.. I’m ok with all of those guys as a bridge to someone in the draft and not significantly overpaying Dak and destroying our Superblel chances just so we can celebrate paying an average QB elite money.

BHendri5

Reaction score
You do know Dak has made many millions off the field too? I don't know if its annually but more likely combined espn said he has 50million in endorsement money. That's not bad at all so again what reason does Dak need this money when he's getting paid handsomely off the field too?
Dak is not even close to what old *** Tom Brady makes. Why is this even a discussion?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Many here will claim they are Cowboys fans yet they want to handicap the team with an average QB at center who isn’t a dual threat QB, a running QB, nor a pocket passing QB. He doesn’t even fit in a category because he’s average/mediocre in the ones I listed. Tell me, how is paying a QB that has shown us practically nothing worth 35-40 mil dollars? I get it’s market price, but when it was time for Alex Smith to get paid “market price” at the time, the Chiefs let him go because he did NOT prove enough. They drafted Mahomes and took off. Dallas should follow suit.
I get your point, but KC drafted Mahomes BEFORE the let Smith go. Mahomes sat on the bench for a year behind Smith, so they already had Smith's replacement in house and everybody knew it was a matter of time before they made the change. We don't have Dak's replacement in house. If we let him go and we don't hit on QB in the draft, that sets us back at least 3-5 years. By that time the OL and Zeke will need to be replaced. Dak is good enough for this team to win a superbowl if we can fill all the other holes in our roster.

Flamma

Reaction score
Typically, you don't franchise players unless you're unsure. At the level Prescott has played for 4 seasons, there's no way the FO moves on from him. Prescott isn't perfect like some fans expect, but he's a franchise player.

I would not say that based on his last 3 years. 2016 was an outlier. Take that year away I wouldn't be so sure

Daillest88

Reaction score
Then what about Amari and Byron?

I wonder what Quinn is looking at on the open market as well.
I like cooper I really do but this is a nice draft for WR, I’d tag Dak sign Jones and look to beef up that line in free agency.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Dak is not even close to what old *** Tom Brady makes. Why is this even a discussion?
Get out your feelings and learn how to read with understanding. Nobody said Dak did so what is the point of you quoting me to say he hasn’t made as much as Brady when I didn’t say or imply such? I said he makes millions off the field too. Again read with understanding not emotions

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t really want to get into who did what where if I’m bringing in a FA QB..

I know I’m likely downgrading a little and maybe we get improvement with a guy like Mariotta in our environment.

Derek Carr, Dalton, Mariotta, possibly Brady, maybe Winston.. I’m ok with all of those guys as a bridge to someone in the draft and not significantly overpaying Dak and destroying our Superblel chances just so we can celebrate paying an average QB elite money.
if Carr, Dalton, Mariotta or Winston is your QB then you are destroying your superbowl chances. Might as well pay Dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
if Carr, Dalton, Mariotta or Winston is your QB then you are destroying your superbowl chances. Might as well pay Dak.

Maybe for a year.. The idea is to bridge to a 1st round pick for cheaper.

If you pay Dak it's all but over for us winning a title unless the salary cap drastically increases.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I get your point, but KC drafted Mahomes BEFORE the let Smith go. Mahomes sat on the bench for a year behind Smith, so they already had Smith's replacement in house and everybody knew it was a matter of time before they made the change. We don't have Dak's replacement in house. If we let him go and we don't hit on QB in the draft, that sets us back at least 3-5 years. By that time the OL and Zeke will need to be replaced. Dak is good enough for this team to win a superbowl if we can fill all the other holes in our roster.

Thats why I say we draft a QB prospect now to see what we're working with. Dak can win a superbowl, but we would need to be like the 2013 Ravens. Great defense and good weapons around an average QB. With the pay he's looking for, however, we won't be able to have that. Dallas is in a jiffy.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I would not say that based on his last 3 years. 2016 was an outlier. Take that year away I wouldn't be so sure
I'm not cherry picking to meet an agenda, I'm using the entire body of work. not to mention he's improved.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes because dak runs the ball and run blocks. The run game was not good this year
Seriously not good!! Dak was protected in the first half of many of those games down the stretch by the run game and missed wide open WRs...Zeke draws attention and Dak had many games where he simply couldn't bring it home..yes that on Dak sorry we can find flaws in the entire team, its why we were 8-8 and have anew staff..

it may not have been world beaters but 5th in the league as a run offense and could be better we went bit pass happy while team like the titans went full run happy..both are not sustainable and Balance is what is needed

but stop the bs acting like we are trash as a run team..not a shred of truth in that at all.. imagine if we ran more in the second half? Zeke led the league in first half rush yards and the OC decides to go pass happy the 2nd half..some of it was us getting down usually bad social teams and defense caused this, sometimes it was turnovers..but zeke had MANY first halfs at near 6YPC and well a lot of carries disappeared in the 2nd half..

but again 5th in the league says you are a good rushing team and we were even trying.. Zeke is Game planned for and that means its successful enough that our QB should feel comfortable.. its daks job to take advantage of this and it didnt happen..

if you think Henry will be able to do this year in and year out then the narrative a power back over used falling off cliff is untrue and they should give him 20mil and run 90% of the time.. we all know that will be sustainable..ask Jackson how that worked..

Henry , his offensive line, and his OC all started getting on roll and its working, it wont look like this forever..we have all seen ONE great year even murray just about what year four same as Henry had a better regular season and then poof hes gone..he like Murray will be demanding a huge contract and then what?

the one thing about Zekes hes been consistent since day one and still producing..Daks been inconsistent as all get out hes jeckle and hyde of qbs..

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys team fan > any Cowboy individual player....of course

BHendri5

Reaction score
Get out your feelings and learn how to read with understanding. Nobody said Dak did so what is the point of you quoting me to say he hasn’t made as much as Brady when I didn’t say or imply such? I said he makes millions off the field too. Again read with understanding not emotions

oh I understood very well what you’re implying, you must have played baseball. I knocked your change up out the park. Really I don’t feel one way or another . I was checking you on your feelings. LoL Now look at you all pissed off. What did fat Parcells say one time , you just got suckered or something like that. LOL,

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
Dak will and should be the Cowboys QB for a long time.

He was the best player on the team this year.

He is a top 5 under 30 QB in the NFL.

But, but, but he isn't as good as Mahomes, so we need to cut bait and start over because it is sooooooooooo easy to find the next Mahomes. Right, guys, right?

Didn't BP mention something about a hotline 1-800-Quarterback or something like that?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
oh I understood very well what you’re implying, you must have played baseball. I knocked your change up out the park. Really I don’t feel one way or another . I was checking you on your feelings. LoL Now look at you all pissed off. What did fat Parcells say one time , you just got suckered or something like that. LOL,
No you didn’t understand or else you wouldn’t even asked the stupid question that had nothing to do with what I posted. I get it though you people don’t want to be wrong so come up with all kinds of bs to excuse your mistakes. You’re not making sense sir how could you check me on my feelings when I posted facts? That logic might work in the low level area you frequent but not here where anybody can see exactly what I posted. It’s not about my feelings at all because I posted facts while you just asked a stupid question that had nothing to do with my post. You can have the last word because I don’t feel like going back and forth with low level people that can’t read without getting in their feelings. Good day

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not cherry picking to meet an agenda, I'm using the entire body of work. not to mention he's improved.

Im not suggesting people are cherry picking. It's my opinion that had 2016 not gone so well for him, the conversation of him getting a huge contract would not be nearly as commonplace based on his last 3 years. He got very popular really quick and that's hard to let go.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
But, but, but he isn't as good as Mahomes, so we need to cut bait and start over because it is sooooooooooo easy to find the next Mahomes. Right, guys, right?

Didn't BP mention something about a hotline 1-800-Quarterback or something like that?

1 800 Quarterback is known as the draft.

QB's win their championships on their Rookie contracts or late in their career on discount deals.

That is the problem...

Paying Dak just because we're scared to draft is silly and Dallas has a QB friendly roster.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Im not suggesting people are cherry picking. It's my opinion that had 2016 not gone so well for him, the conversation of him getting a huge contract would not be nearly as commonplace based on his last 3 years. He got very popular really quick and that's hard to let go.
You mean the team as a whole was more successful? Because this season he put up his best numbers. I've always maintained that there those who claim he's an elite HOFer and those who say he's average. They're both wrong and he is and has been the same every year, though I think we saw a significant improvement this past season.