Are you a Dak Hater, Dak Waffler or Dak Lover?

johneric8

Reaction score
I only ask this question because before last years loss to San Fran I was one of the biggest Dak lovers known to man. I appreciated his leadership, his demeanor, as well skill-set he possessed. I would argue with dudes like @Risen Star but to no avail guys like him already proclaimed Dak will NEVER get it done. I fought tooth and nail to at least talk some sense into these non-believers but obviously I never got anywhere.

After Dak failed to deliver against San Fran and I saw the deer in the headlights look after being strangled by the niners I began to believe that maybe Dak did suffer from some metal problems that at the end of the day he might not be able to overcome when the chips are down. I knew that injuries, coaching and scheme played a big part and I was first to not be a fan of Kellen "the beaver" Moore, but I still let doubt creep in. I started to think maybe Dak really doesn't have the mental capabilities to rise up when needed.

fast forward to this season. As I watched Dak struggle some this year it became obvious that he was playing like Drew Bledsoe and was becoming a statue. The Dak that we all loved in his rookie season would take a few steps back and release the ball the open guy, it was almost like he was playing in the west coast offense from the moment he took the field. As time progressed he ran less and less and one of the most infuriating things for me to watch was his inability to actually step up in the pocket to avoid the rush while still hitting an open man. These seemed like things that all Qb's should be able to do but Dak just kept his eyes glued and starred down his receivers... Obviously this concept doesn't work for Dak and it's a recipee for disaster.

If what we're seeing right now is our Cowboys new reality when it comes to Dak, we might really be onto something here! Dak is now getting rid of the ball again to open man or buying time with his feet to find another. To my untrained eye, I have to say that Big Mike might be the only coach to have taught him something he can sink his teeth into. I want to believe in Dak, I really do, I think he is an awesome dude...

Signed,

Dak Lover turned Dak Waffler reincarted as a Dak believer

Reaction score
I was VERY critical of Dak and believed he didn't have that "it" factor to be an elite QB. Well, something in him seemed to have clicked after the 49er loss and he is a different QB. I am now a Dak believer so I guess that makes me a wafler.

I'll take it and am happy to have been proven wrong.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
To be honest a Dak waffler (as his previous up and down play dictated).

Still a waffler because for me he still needs to prove it in big games.

I like Dak and want him to turn me into a full fledged Dakamaniac !